Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Velve hire community manager

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by mibuwolf View Post
    Some people think the latest patch has broken MM. Some say it has fixed their issues and have had great game.

    People will complain regardless. It's going to be either about MM, items that were added to the shop, or because something else ruined their lives like getting a cauldron. Complaining will never cease. Manager or not.
    Well I personally will stop complaining if there is nothing to complain about.
    Spoiler: 

    Comment


    • #32
      I'll take the job and remove these forums.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by katsaroulhs View Post
        Well I personally will stop complaining if there is nothing to complain about.
        What game has ever been perfect? As far as I'm aware playdota forums is plagued with complaints as well.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by mibuwolf View Post
          It was quoted from a post by Noo and not fletcher. I honestly don't know where this "balanced game" is referenced from.

          Read the forums maybe?

          Originally posted by fletcher View Post
          >246572710

          The game looks pretty balanced to me.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Noo View Post
            Read the forums maybe?
            Holy shit if I don't read every thread on the forums I'm apparently deemed ignorant.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by mibuwolf View Post
              What game has ever been perfect? As far as I'm aware playdota forums is plagued with complaints as well.
              As I said there is a difference between, "not perfect", and broken.
              Spoiler: 

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by mibuwolf View Post
                Holy shit if I don't read every thread on the forums I'm apparently deemed ignorant.
                It just seems weird that you discuss the MM changes even though you haven't read what a dev said about it, no one called you an ignorant but yourself.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by katsaroulhs View Post
                  As I said there is a difference between, "not perfect", and broken.
                  Well your above statement gave the impression that perfection was required or else complaints would surface. Anyway, I do know what you meant. However, people have complained about MM non-stop. Even when it was satisfactory there was still a lot people who swore that the MM was broken because their game had some noob feeder or whatever.

                  Originally posted by Noo View Post
                  no one called you an ignorant but yourself.
                  It seemed implied in your reply.

                  As for the dev replies: I don't catch every one of them, nor do I really care about their replies. The end result is all that matters. I do however fail to see how that match was a one-sided stomp. It looked to me at first glance that the win was heavily in your favor at picking.
                  Last edited by mibuwolf; 07-30-2013, 11:23 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by katsaroulhs View Post
                    I don't know if fletcher plays the game or not, or what degrees he has, but I think the reason he was flamed, was because they gave him some match id's of extreme stomps (from what I remember), and his response was " The games were balanced". What exactly did you expect? Hugs and cookies?
                    He meant that the games were balanced rank-wise, there is no other possible way to match the teams... The stomp happens because of factors not in reach of the match maker (bad day, ppl drunk, ppl playing other heroes/builds).

                    Flamers were just too stupid to not understand that.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by VenomBHz View Post
                      He meant that the games were balanced rank-wise, there is no other possible way to match the teams... The stomp happens because of factors not in reach of the match maker (bad day, ppl drunk, ppl playing other heroes/builds).

                      People were just too stupid to not understand that.
                      I think there should also be emphasis on "pretty", which is not the same as something like... "extremely". The match in my opinion probably could've went either way if the lane matchups and picks were equal. I would like to believe that they were not in that particular match. However, it seems like there was more than one occurrence of fletcher messing up his evaluations of how balanced some games were?

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by mibuwolf View Post
                        As for the dev replies: I don't catch every one of them, nor do I really care about their replies. The end result is all that matters. I do however fail to see how that match was a one-sided stomp. It looked to me at first glance that the win was heavily in your favor at picking.
                        Weaver and Brewmaster fed us non-stop, we got first blood in lane, then just kept killing them with the Slark + Shadow Shaman combo, no one ever came to help them.
                        Invoker alone could have turned the match to his side, too bad he wasn't a good Invoker.
                        They never bought any wards (none that I remember) against a team full of gankers.
                        They never bought any invisibility detection against me (Slark).

                        In a competitive game who do you think would win that match?

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by mibuwolf View Post
                          I think there should also be emphasis on "pretty", which is not the same as something like... "extremely". The match in my opinion probably could've went either way if the lane matchups and picks were equal. I would like to believe that they were not in that particular match. However, it seems like there was more than one occurrence of fletcher messing up his evaluations of how balanced some games were?
                          I was following that thread and it was pretty clear to me that he was always talking about numbers, that is his job. He was always talking in balance in the numbers he can check in the system, the ranks of players.

                          Look:

                          Originally posted by fletcher View Post
                          >246572710

                          The game looks pretty balanced to me. The Elos are all relatively close. Here are the Elo's on the two teams:
                          People who can not understand a full sentence are the problem here.
                          Last edited by VenomBHz; 07-30-2013, 12:11 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Noo View Post
                            Invoker alone could have turned the match to his side, too bad he wasn't a good Invoker.
                            Don't think that is a MM flaw, especially if this person is new at invoker but great at oh so many other heroes. If he didn't understand game mechanics then that is another story.

                            They never bought any wards (none that I remember) against a team full of gankers.
                            I could only imagine the other team was yelling at each other to buy wards until the carry decided he would buy wards and by then it was too late if what you said is true.

                            They never bought any invisibility detection against me (Slark).
                            Again probably goes back to the ward situation.

                            In a competitive game who do you think would win that match?
                            I don't think that is a fair thing to ask. I've seen lots of team comps that should work in pub games, but won't work against a competitive team, or vice versa.

                            Weaver and Brewmaster
                            For example: This doesn't sound like a healthy lane to me.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X