Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Got muted today :(

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Got muted today :(

    Got muted for saying ''gg brazzies in the first 5 minutes of the game''
    A game i carried, and won the game with my 17 and 3 zeus. But in the end. I still lost to brazzies. GG Brazzies, increasing the language barrier by preventing english people speaking, on english speaking servers. Gotta love the irony

    Edit: Just like to add... God I hate brazalians...
    Last edited by minijag; 10-16-2013, 12:43 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by minijag View Post
    Got muted for saying ''gg brazzies in the first 5 minutes of the game''
    I'm confused. Did you say "gg brazzies in the first 5 minutes of the game" or "gg brazzies" which occurred in the first 5 minutes of said game.

    Also, are you sure that you didn't say anything else? I imagine that once your 17 and 3 Zeus lost effectiveness, the nastier side of you came out.

    Comment


    • #3
      I think you just got too many kills with your Zeus. Most likely your allies (especially your carry) just got annoyed and reported you.
      Don't think about the report system as something that works. Just think about it as something that tries to bash you in the face randomly and praise every day that you don't get muted/LPQ for bizarre reasons.

      Comment


      • #4
        You don't get muted for one game, you've been reported in many other games in the past.

        Stop doing whatever it is you're doing.

        Comment


        • #5
          yeah I report people for saying racist shit too
          Originally posted by minijag View Post
          GG Brazzies, increasing the language barrier by preventing english people speaking, on english speaking servers.
          Servers don't speak english, you are mistaken

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Noo View Post
            You don't get muted for one game, you've been reported in many other games in the past.

            Stop doing whatever it is you're doing.
            Pretty much the worst response ever. People report eachother for nonsense, the report 'feature' is not really being used as intended. Real troublemakers get muted in game instantly, and are no longer a bother. And thats how muting works. I dont do any sort of communication abuse. But I do do things like, play poorly from time to time. Because its a game, and sometimes in life, you make mistakes.


            I play a lot of games, and I get reported for nothing, A LOT. Its pretty much whats wrong with the community.
            Oh you're 1 and 3? You get a report. Oh, you didn't buy wards, reported. Had a bad game? Reported.. Went suicide, and dont have any farm? Reported. Went safelane as the carry, but it turns out you're entire team doesnt know what youre doing, so your safe lane ends up being the suicide lane, but you're playing spectre, and the team wonders where you farm is at the 30 minute mark? Reported. Last picked a hero someone didn't like??? Reported.... I generally ignore everything because i'm a pretty even headed, and clearly, nobody knows what they are doing. (I'm on big win streak, so MM is trying to get me to lose by setting me up with the worst players possible). But, its my understanding, once you get muted, it becomes infintely easier to get muted again, because you've been labeled as such. Sad times, that I just got muted for nothing. I'm sure I'll get muted for a month or whatever soon. So I'm a little upset about that. In fact, getting muted is going to REALLY screw my win ratio. Because I am actually a good player, who babysits players, by telling them about ganking, try to organize simple strategies quickly with voice chat. Try to rally the team into pushing (which is pretty much the reasons why bad players lose a lot of games IMO).


            Because, as it turns out. I'm a lone american, playing with brazalians.
            Last edited by minijag; 10-16-2013, 01:27 PM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Dont talk shit in all chat.
              VOLVO PLZ FIX

              Comment


              • #8
                There's no such thing called "reported for nothing". According to me or you, you may have done nothing worth reporting. In the eyes of the community, you're doing something wrong, and like it or not, they have the power to mute you. Some people don't consider "GG noobs" to be an insult, others do.

                Here's something from the Dota 2 blog
                We also hear from users reporting false reports and unwarranted bans, and when we investigate them we typically see that they’re unaware of how they are coming across to other players in-game.

                Whether there's something wrong with your attitude or not, you're gonna have to change it. This may be sad, but it's how the system works.


                Oh, and I reported this thread by accident, sorry mods.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by minijag View Post
                  Pretty much the worst response ever. People report eachother for nonsense, the report 'feature' is not really being used as intended. Real troublemakers get muted in game instantly, and are no longer a bother. And thats how muting works. I dont do any sort of communication abuse. But I do do things like, play poorly from time to time. Because its a game, and sometimes in life, you make mistakes.


                  I play a lot of games, and I get reported for nothing, A LOT. Its pretty much whats wrong with the community.
                  Oh you're 1 and 3? You get a report. Oh, you didn't buy wards, reported. Had a bad game? Reported.. Went suicide, and dont have any farm? Reported. Went safelane as the carry, but it turns out you're entire team doesnt know what youre doing, so your safe lane ends up being the suicide lane, but you're playing spectre, and the team wonders where you farm is at the 30 minute mark? Reported. Last picked a hero someone didn't like??? Reported.... I generally ignore everything because i'm a pretty even headed, and clearly, nobody knows what they are doing. (I'm on big win streak, so MM is trying to get me to lose by setting me up with the worst players possible). But, its my understanding, once you get muted, it becomes infintely easier to get muted again, because you've been labeled as such. Sad times, that I just got muted for nothing. I'm sure I'll get muted for a month or whatever soon. So I'm a little upset about that. In fact, getting muted is going to REALLY screw my win ratio. Because I am actually a good player, who babysits players, by telling them about ganking, try to organize simple strategies quickly with voice chat. Try to rally the team into pushing (which is pretty much the reasons why bad players lose a lot of games IMO).


                  Because, as it turns out. I'm a lone american, playing with brazalians.
                  Played hundreds of games, did my fair share of flaming/trolling/racism, never got muted. If you got muted, it means your behavior has been really bad.

                  Yeah you get "reported for nothing" all day long, because those precious 2 reports/week are best used on some random dude who said nothing offensive for the entire game.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    There's no such thing called "reported for nothing". According to me or you, you may have done nothing worth reporting. In the eyes of the community, you're doing something wrong, and like it or not, they have the power to mute you. Some people don't consider "GG noobs" to be an insult, others do.
                    This man is totally brainwashed.

                    In the eyes of the community, you're doing something wrong
                    Or in the eyes of a few petty whiners who get upset over nothing. BTW, never been muted personally. The system is BS and almost everybody is smart enough to realize that.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by minijag View Post
                      People report eachother for nonsense, the report 'feature' is not really being used as intended. Real troublemakers get muted in game instantly, and are no longer a bother.
                      Which is why you get only a few reports every week, so that you USE them for the right thing. If these people are spamming these reports, that means they can only do it to like 3 people a week. Considering most people play more than 1 game a day, it would be unlikely for them to waste their precious reports on anything less that real troublemakers.
                      God dammit, gotta hate it when people complain about too many reports and then people on the next thread are complaining about having no reports left...
                      Originally posted by gjvolvo
                      Your hidden pool is when you get above 51.5% wins in ranked. Get a pen and paper and write down your win percentage and the average win percentage of your teammates in every game and you will see a distinct cliff around 51.5.


                      My mmr:
                      Spoiler: 

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Sigh, this thread is getting off tangent. I already know I didn't do anything wrong, I'm not hypothetically defending myself.
                        Its just funny I was reported for communication abuse. On english servers. By people who dont speak english. These guys are running their mouths in portuguese or spanish.. Well, TBH, I'm not sure, i muted them 5 minutes in the game.

                        Although I am disappointed by having and infraction. I'm really just adding my voice to the long list of complaints about the system currently in place. Its a poorly designed system. The game simply revolves around communicating with your teammates. I haven't really given it a whole lot of thought until now, but I always knew it was crappy system. It just doesnt make sense. A responsible adult, is just going to mute someone and move on with his life. Only a rager is going to dwell on someone they met on the internet for 30 minutes.

                        Although I guess I'm TOO even tempered, these type of things dont really bother me, sometimes you can get flamed in a really fun and creative way. It can be funny. But I understand it can drive away new people to the community, and its all about community building.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Noo View Post
                          You don't get muted for one game, you've been reported in many other games in the past.

                          Stop doing whatever it is you're doing.
                          I think the waht u want to say is stop playing..that is the only way

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Noo View Post
                            There's no such thing called "reported for nothing". According to me or you, you may have done nothing worth reporting. In the eyes of the community, you're doing something wrong, and like it or not, they have the power to mute you. Some people don't consider "GG noobs" to be an insult, others do.

                            Here's something from the Dota 2 blog


                            Whether there's something wrong with your attitude or not, you're gonna have to change it. This may be sad, but it's how the system works.


                            Oh, and I reported this thread by accident, sorry mods.
                            By that logic even if you're a saint, you can get reported many times because you "offended" someone(or,lets face it - some 11 year old kid rage reported you because he can) now since you didnt do anything bad,nothing happens,but that means you still have a pile of (unjust) reports on your acc. so if you flame in just ONE game in the future,you might get muted.

                            This is bullshit. And IMO any person who supports/defends such a system is automatically a braindead degenerate.

                            The system should punish a player for REPEATED flaming, currently flaming even once might get you muted even if this is actually your first time,granted you already have reports on your acc which may or may not be justified. Something must change here.

                            Maybe totally remove any pile of reports you have on your acc if it has been deemed unjust.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I get muted all the time, most of the time it comes after I call someone a cum guzzling gutter slut.

                              Who cares, my games are so much nicer when I'm muted. When I'm not muted, someone says something to me, I reply "que?" and it solves all communication issues for the rest of the game.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X