Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Stretch Goals to affect negatively the general Game development?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Jigglypuffz View Post
    How naive. At lvl 10 compendium you must receive an immortal treasure. And that was from day one. You're telling me they didn't expect anyone to reach lvl 10 on the first day?
    Valve never has it's shit together on time. Just look at Frostivus.. they canceled that shit 2 years in a row now. AA ult is still bugged 1 and a half years later (and that shit is gamebreaking).
    So yeah, you must be naive to think they already have the rewards created.
    You DONT need to be lvl 10 to get an IMMORTAL ITEM, you need need to own a compendium, lvl 10 is for an EXTRA immortal item.
    I like to do stupid stuff even when i know it's stupid.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by J2Krauser View Post
      I wonder what will people like you do when we actually get all the heroes in the game. What will be the next thing to whine about constantly?
      Well I know that people like myself will bitch about:

      How shift-queue works like shit in here

      How lagging completely fucks the game up

      How a couple of days ago the game was almost completely unplayable and even some pro games were delayed because of that

      How there's countless bugs

      How fog of war works like shit

      How neutrals are bugged to hell and back

      How we're missing some neutral camps

      How some mechanics are bugged to hell and back

      How pathing still sucks dick

      How bots still suck dick because Valve won't let anybody within the community fix them around

      How we still don't have custom modes other than AD (Which despite being incredibly fun the way it is, is also pretty damn half assed, and I don't mean the interactions like ranged orbs allowing melees to autoattack from afar because these are perfectly fine)

      How we still don't have all the modes, and don't come here and say with a straight face that we don't need EM, because even if it's cancer, we still need it so that we can tell the shitters to go play it

      How we still don't have any semblance of proper lobby functions like hosting games or matches through a lobby system like Warcraft III used to allow in Battle.net for example, instead of the system we have now were the lobby list is pretty much hidden from everybody and doesn't allow for custom maps (Because there's none)

      How we still cannot allow custom maps or any sort of custom mods without having to jump through hoops and loops

      How there obviously isn't any sort of map edit tool

      How there's still no servers in South America (Other than Brazil that is) or in Russia itself (Rather than taking a server that isn't in Russia and naming it "Russia")

      Do you want more? I mean I think I'd have to try hard to come up with some more

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Bravo2zero View Post
        I wonder how far the game would of developed if everyone was content like you?

        If you read the forums all day and night and keep seeing the same complaints all over again for as long as you can remember, you might just get sick and tired of it.
        And then another set of complaints about something else, for months.
        And another.
        Damn.
        Long live Slark!!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Infer View Post
          Well I know that people like myself will bitch about:

          How shift-queue works like shit in here

          How lagging completely fucks the game up

          How a couple of days ago the game was almost completely unplayable and even some pro games were delayed because of that

          How there's countless bugs

          How fog of war works like shit

          How neutrals are bugged to hell and back

          How we're missing some neutral camps

          How some mechanics are bugged to hell and back

          How pathing still sucks dick

          How bots still suck dick because Valve won't let anybody within the community fix them around

          How we still don't have custom modes other than AD (Which despite being incredibly fun the way it is, is also pretty damn half assed, and I don't mean the interactions like ranged orbs allowing melees to autoattack from afar because these are perfectly fine)

          How we still don't have all the modes, and don't come here and say with a straight face that we don't need EM, because even if it's cancer, we still need it so that we can tell the shitters to go play it

          How we still don't have any semblance of proper lobby functions like hosting games or matches through a lobby system like Warcraft III used to allow in Battle.net for example, instead of the system we have now were the lobby list is pretty much hidden from everybody and doesn't allow for custom maps (Because there's none)

          How we still cannot allow custom maps or any sort of custom mods without having to jump through hoops and loops

          How there obviously isn't any sort of map edit tool

          How there's still no servers in South America (Other than Brazil that is) or in Russia itself (Rather than taking a server that isn't in Russia and naming it "Russia")

          Do you want more? I mean I think I'd have to try hard to come up with some more

          fully agree.
          and its really frustrating how cheap they work for there money on dota. i mean most of the items comes from community and they get there share without doing anything except to add it in dota or we spend money on compendium and they give us simple hud skin with no changes unlike the Scions of the Sky hud for 500k*2 and another 500k*2 for old loadscreen... and for 200k*2 we can vote for solo championship lol! and for 900k*2 more they give us some gamemode that would come anyway just earlier...
          honestly i believe they give a shit as long they get there money. if the money comes short someday they come crawl back to the community and listen to there advice like they have done with tf2.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Jigglypuffz View Post
            How naive. At lvl 10 compendium you must receive an immortal treasure. And that was from day one. You're telling me they didn't expect anyone to reach lvl 10 on the first day?
            Valve never has it's shit together on time. Just look at Frostivus.. they canceled that shit 2 years in a row now. AA ult is still bugged 1 and a half years later (and that shit is gamebreaking).
            So yeah, you must be naive to think they already have the rewards created.
            They released loading screens about one week after we reached that goal, and those loading screens were created long ago. Valve doesn't want to release all goals because they don't want to do it. There are several reasons for it(for example, Valve wants people to buy Compendium points before they see the Immortal items, so they can't make an educated decision about whether they want to get more Immortal treasures). Frostivus was canceled deliberately both times, because Frostivus is, essentially, Christmas, with all related themes like sharing and peace, which won't work in a competetive game like Dota 2. AA's ultimate is most likely hasn't been fixed yet because it makes the hero viable in the competetive scene(though I'm not sure about that).
            So yeah, you must be naive if you think that you are smarter than Valve.
            Possible solution to foreigners issue
            In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Redthirst View Post
              They released loading screens about one week after we reached that goal, and those loading screens were created long ago. Valve doesn't want to release all goals because they don't want to do it. There are several reasons for it(for example, Valve wants people to buy Compendium points before they see the Immortal items, so they can't make an educated decision about whether they want to get more Immortal treasures). Frostivus was canceled deliberately both times, because Frostivus is, essentially, Christmas, with all related themes like sharing and peace, which won't work in a competetive game like Dota 2. AA's ultimate is most likely hasn't been fixed yet because it makes the hero viable in the competetive scene(though I'm not sure about that).
              So yeah, you must be naive if you think that you are smarter than Valve.
              That's a crap reason to cancel Frostivus and you know it. Why would they advertise it every year then?
              And regarding AA, a hero shouldn't become viable only with an unfixed bug. It's totally unprofessional. What's next? TA refraction + cold snap interaction stays like that forever and call it intended? Pudge's rot doing only half damage to Pudge = intended change? You can't let bugs occur and call them intended changes because you're too lazy/incompetent to fix them.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Jigglypuffz View Post
                That's a crap reason to cancel Frostivus and you know it. Why would they advertise it every year then?
                And regarding AA, a hero shouldn't become viable only with an unfixed bug. It's totally unprofessional. What's next? TA refraction + cold snap interaction stays like that forever and call it intended? Pudge's rot doing only half damage to Pudge = intended change? You can't let bugs occur and call them intended changes because you're too lazy/incompetent to fix them.
                I guess they will fix it when they will want to remove AA from current meta. About Frostivus - it seems to me that the first one was actually canceled, I guess even Valve said somewhere that Greeviling was supposed to be just a part of Frostivus. And then next year they just canceled it deliberately, to keep the joke running.
                Possible solution to foreigners issue
                In the grim darkness of the far future there is only war.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by J2Krauser View Post
                  I didn't mention my opinion in this matter at all but at least you can read people's minds through the cable. I approve of that ability. However, what I merely stated was that people have been spamming the same thing over and over and over again about unreleased heroes. Typing it once more won't change anything and will only get the thread locked. This thread completely sounds like a simple flamebait anyway.
                  Flame bait with location "mother russia" eh? It's a nothing statement, you could say any thread wanting to highlight issues is flame bait. Doesn't mean anything to say it. If you got nothing to contribute, other then displeasure that a thread exists then maybe don't bother posting?
                  http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1398477 RMM Whiners Read Please

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X