Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Unpleasant players

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unpleasant players

    Good day.
    I'm sorry if the topic is not in that place.
    I'm trying to find a place where it can be read by people who can influence it.

    It is no secret that the game is full of inadequate players that spoil the game, and it's not oh skills games, but about their behavior and Using chat.
    Will be nice if the game added a few things:

    1 - Option to disable the messages (both text and voice) for the individual during the game.
    a) mutual decision rest of the team
    b) Only for you (do not hear & not see his posts)

    2 - Ability to add players to the personal blacklist. If there is no desire to meet any player again (whether he or foul-mouthed fool or AFK).

    3 - If a person is absent, more than 5 minutes, but then still came back, he was not recorded leave, if the other players did not leave the game. And if someone left, then recorded.

    Apologies for the grammar - translator.

  • #2
    Uhhhhh it's already implemented for point 1. I have no idea how you missed that.....

    Blacklist/banlist is not happening. Ever.

    Leavers should not have the chance to get a free win and get away scot-free. No to point 3.

    Comment


    • #3
      10 random players in one match... Problems are expected espeically when community is full of immature kids.
      Use what you have (report function) and move on!!
      ~ArcAngel~





      Comment


      • #4
        i dont understand your way of thinking. You have 10 random people from multiple cultures and ethnic backgrounds, and almost all having different goals when it comes to dota. Some want to win, some want to have fun, some want to carry, some want to mid, some want to support, pleasing everyone is almost impossible in the game.

        I think what ever person who is experienced and actually skillful at the game will tell you, almost all the problems start with lower skilled players getting into higher tier games, its just that simple. I don't ever see flaming or fighting when all the players on one team know what they are doing with wards/courier/smoke ganks/not feeding, same goes for carries who get proper items and not going for 20 minute midas on void or similar things like that. Sure players that only want to have fun might not care about things that i just mentioned but players that want to win/do good with their hero usually do, and that is were conflict happens.

        I almost see any flamers or arguments as long as everyone participates in the game and plays properly, alot of people making threads similar to this one usually are on the lower tier of the skill group coming over here mad that someone was yelling at them that they suck which is followed by griefing(supports not supporting you anymore because they see your bad) is what usually happens, which in my mind is totally ok.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Heh_ View Post
          Uhhhhh it's already implemented for point 1. I have no idea how you missed that.....

          Blacklist/banlist is not happening. Ever.

          Leavers should not have the chance to get a free win and get away scot-free. No to point 3.
          Why not? It happens that you have to play with an annoying person repeatedly. It happens that one cheloek destroys 2 or 3 games in a row. Introduction of such a sheet would increase the enjoyment of the game and people would be more reasonable public.

          Of course wine-must pay for their actions, but I do mk that have to restart the computer, restart the game, re-enter. Sometimes it takes a little more than 5 minutes.
          If the game is not spoiled, then why punish? If anything, players can throw a report, if they deem it necessary.
          Last edited by Andrey_s_s; 05-27-2014, 03:02 PM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ArcAngel View Post
            10 random players in one match... Problems are expected espeically when community is full of immature kids.
            Use what you have (report function) and move on!!
            Problem misrepresented that reportov not enough! In addition, the report does not negate the fact that you have to play 30-50 minutes with an annoying person.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TomTomNT View Post
              i dont understand your way of thinking. You have 10 random people from multiple cultures and ethnic backgrounds, and almost all having different goals when it comes to dota. Some want to win, some want to have fun, some want to carry, some want to mid, some want to support, pleasing everyone is almost impossible in the game.

              I think what ever person who is experienced and actually skillful at the game will tell you, almost all the problems start with lower skilled players getting into higher tier games, its just that simple. I don't ever see flaming or fighting when all the players on one team know what they are doing with wards/courier/smoke ganks/not feeding, same goes for carries who get proper items and not going for 20 minute midas on void or similar things like that. Sure players that only want to have fun might not care about things that i just mentioned but players that want to win/do good with their hero usually do, and that is were conflict happens.

              I almost see any flamers or arguments as long as everyone participates in the game and plays properly, alot of people making threads similar to this one usually are on the lower tier of the skill group coming over here mad that someone was yelling at them that they suck which is followed by griefing(supports not supporting you anymore because they see your bad) is what usually happens, which in my mind is totally ok.
              How are you expecting to build an understanding between 5 random strangers?? An understanding builds from cordination. What's happening in PUB matches is that everyone has a choice of their own so there is a contradiction in intial cordination before even begins. Imagine what happens the 5 players of team wants to play a carry and choose to play mid? I can't begin to imagine the state of that game would be...

              And moreover a lot players becomes emotional and very denial to accept cordination and rather choose to start blame game becuz it is very easy to point someone than accept the fact that there is massive cordination failure. These things wont happen much in PARTY matches..

              So ITS not the MMR. Its is the people in community who are broken big time.. Not MMR system.
              ~ArcAngel~





              Comment


              • #8
                And since that Valve can't do anything fix a player mind. We have to accept and move on....
                the solution for this.. Play Party matches.. Problem solved.
                ~ArcAngel~





                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by TomTomNT View Post
                  i dont understand your way of thinking. You have 10 random people from multiple cultures and ethnic backgrounds, and almost all having different goals when it comes to dota. Some want to win, some want to have fun, some want to carry, some want to mid, some want to support, pleasing everyone is almost impossible in the game.

                  I think what ever person who is experienced and actually skillful at the game will tell you, almost all the problems start with lower skilled players getting into higher tier games, its just that simple. I don't ever see flaming or fighting when all the players on one team know what they are doing with wards/courier/smoke ganks/not feeding, same goes for carries who get proper items and not going for 20 minute midas on void or similar things like that. Sure players that only want to have fun might not care about things that i just mentioned but players that want to win/do good with their hero usually do, and that is were conflict happens.

                  I almost see any flamers or arguments as long as everyone participates in the game and plays properly, alot of people making threads similar to this one usually are on the lower tier of the skill group coming over here mad that someone was yelling at them that they suck which is followed by griefing(supports not supporting you anymore because they see your bad) is what usually happens, which in my mind is totally ok.
                  Of course playing a team assembled, such problems do not see, and when playing with the appropriate people, too. But playing with random people, often come across some (any) neadekvat.On can play music and hold down the microphone, he can run through the woods Ncogo without touching the whole game, he can run forward Kd Lyne and doing nothing - feeding opponents, he can pour all the dirt in the chat for this game, he can deliberately kill his carrier, and much more.

                  I will not argue about how good or how bad I play, is not the point. Inadequate players are among the high-level players.
                  Case misrepresented that have to endure all of this before the end of the game. Leave the game - a bad alternative.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    ArcAngel & TomTomNT
                    it's not about how to interact with the players and how well they play. For example, in the game 9 appropriate people and one idiot who spoils the game to everyone else.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Andrey_s_s View Post
                      Of course playing a team assembled, such problems do not see, and when playing with the appropriate people, too. But playing with random people, often come across some (any) neadekvat.On can play music and hold down the microphone, he can run through the woods Ncogo without touching the whole game, he can run forward Kd Lyne and doing nothing - feeding opponents, he can pour all the dirt in the chat for this game, he can deliberately kill his carrier, and much more.

                      I will not argue about how good or how bad I play, is not the point. Inadequate players are among the high-level players.
                      Case misrepresented that have to endure all of this before the end of the game. Leave the game - a bad alternative.
                      How many players do you encounter that are high skilled/good at the game that decide to feed/throw for no reason? Not very many i assume, in fact i can say this for a *fact* since i have 3k games played on dota and play it daily for hours at a time and i dont encounter many of those. Are there assholes and feeders and mmr boosters in games? Of course, we all get them from time to time, but the higher your skill is, the easier games become. Dota is not your best friends chat room, you are not here to make bff's, you are here to play, you dont have to like someone to win, and you are not required(some people dont understand that last part). Playing music can and is easily solved, by ignoring such person so you dont hear or see him, problem solved. Someone else feeding usually leads to things mentioned above, sometimes you are just simply unlucky and nothing can or will be done about that as you cant stop everyone just like the world will always have crime.

                      @ArcAngel
                      An understanding is built from skill when you are playing in a pub. The fact that you are playing AP is a problem that you chose, 5 carries can easily be solved by going to captains mode/draft and building what you feel is best through *coordination* . Even if you want to play AP, if you are a high skilled player you will not pick 5 carries, hell you will be last pick and pick for your team, as that how it works in AP, if you are in garbage brackets that will happen, there is a reason no one plays AP anymore simply to avoid such choices. Try playing CM modes more often might have better lucky finding higher quality players.

                      About players blaming each other, that usually almost ALWAYS is made up of more then 1 person, you cant tango alone right? Someone said something or did something to make someone mad, its how it starts, and like i said to Andrey sometimes you cant do anything to stop throwers/griefers sometimes we just get unlucky.

                      At the end of the day higher tier players usually tend to avoid or dodge confrontation/arguments hence why they are called higher tier players and why they play at higher brackets.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If everyone has a mindset of "don't be a dick", then this won't be a problem at all. Too bad it's a requirement in the internet.
                        Originally posted by whiners
                        Help! <game mechanic> is ruining MUH WODOTA! Remove pls!
                        Fun is always allowed. Always...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by TomTomNT View Post
                          How many players do you encounter that are high skilled/good at the game that decide to feed/throw for no reason? Not very many i assume, in fact i can say this for a *fact* since i have 3k games played on dota and play it daily for hours at a time and i dont encounter many of those. Are there assholes and feeders and mmr boosters in games? Of course, we all get them from time to time, but the higher your skill is, the easier games become. Dota is not your best friends chat room, you are not here to make bff's, you are here to play, you dont have to like someone to win, and you are not required(some people dont understand that last part). Playing music can and is easily solved, by ignoring such person so you dont hear or see him, problem solved. Someone else feeding usually leads to things mentioned above, sometimes you are just simply unlucky and nothing can or will be done about that as you cant stop everyone just like the world will always have crime.

                          @ArcAngel
                          An understanding is built from skill when you are playing in a pub. The fact that you are playing AP is a problem that you chose, 5 carries can easily be solved by going to captains mode/draft and building what you feel is best through *coordination* . Even if you want to play AP, if you are a high skilled player you will not pick 5 carries, hell you will be last pick and pick for your team, as that how it works in AP, if you are in garbage brackets that will happen, there is a reason no one plays AP anymore simply to avoid such choices. Try playing CM modes more often might have better lucky finding higher quality players.

                          About players blaming each other, that usually almost ALWAYS is made up of more then 1 person, you cant tango alone right? Someone said something or did something to make someone mad, its how it starts, and like i said to Andrey sometimes you cant do anything to stop throwers/griefers sometimes we just get unlucky.

                          At the end of the day higher tier players usually tend to avoid or dodge confrontation/arguments hence why they are called higher tier players and why they play at higher brackets.
                          This is a huge problem in dota ppl refuse to paly to win and its easly solved by making the community validate reprots and such if a player gets lets say 5 reports about 1 abuse in 1 month they get check on those 5 games easy to solve. Here you have the typical trilane in CM you draft a alc a CM and a sven on bot lane you have triple stun but for some reason its to hard for the 2 supports to intiate a stun on the solo laner that keeps over extending and poking down teh farming carry and they just either stand in the jungle or 600 yards behind the carry and just watching him get raped.

                          And then it goes 2 mins can you plz intiate on him so we can get FB 5 mins goes by plz you havent been on the lane for even 10 sec this game 7 mins goes by i get killed by the solo laner due to lvl advantage and THEN these asshats in jungle goes in for the kill the mental rage i have on ppl that play CM ranked and play like this is severe this is nothing more then not carring about your team and only by yourself and ITS ALwAYS like this 30 mins iinto the game the same supports go noob carry shit cunt why no farm and then i just snap becuase i am so TIRED of these ppl you cant believe it.

                          I play ranked to win not to have someone else getting the glory by being a bystander stop playing Ranked now since it gets so bad its just painfull to watch. Also i dont always play carry i play with the feel of the day some days i play 20 games sup some days i play 20 games carry or intiator dont matter to me. What matters is having decent games where you dont have some selfish cunts in your team.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X