Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Valve is Becoming greedy... Who actually didnt expected that?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Solution:
    Dont buy arcana and pick PA yourself ^^

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Roggan29 View Post
      Solution:
      Dont buy arcana and pick PA yourself ^^
      Any other players in the match with the arcana would still fixate on you and your target.
      To avoid LPQ:

      Don't draw attention to yourself
      Don't use voice or chat except for 'ss'
      Mute all at lvl 1
      Only play in parties
      Get alternate accounts
      Limit your usage to one or two games per day per account
      Don't play too well
      Don't play on Sunday or Monday
      Wait until the developers reset LPQ status

      If you're getting matched with trolls or feeders:

      You may have been placed in a hidden pool. There is no known way out of this, apart from moving to a different account.

      Comment


      • #18
        I thought the event will only trigger with PA selected and equipped with the arcana?

        Is this not the case? Do you only need to have the arcana to trigger the event with any hero you play?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Roggan29 View Post
          I thought the event will only trigger with PA selected and equipped with the arcana?

          Is this not the case? Do you only need to have the arcana to trigger the event with any hero you play?

          The way I read it, is that if one or more players have the arcana, then the event is triggered providing that there is a PA in the match. The rewards are then distributed to the team who wins the event, providing they have the arcana.

          So by picking her, you're asking for your match to be ruined.
          To avoid LPQ:

          Don't draw attention to yourself
          Don't use voice or chat except for 'ss'
          Mute all at lvl 1
          Only play in parties
          Get alternate accounts
          Limit your usage to one or two games per day per account
          Don't play too well
          Don't play on Sunday or Monday
          Wait until the developers reset LPQ status

          If you're getting matched with trolls or feeders:

          You may have been placed in a hidden pool. There is no known way out of this, apart from moving to a different account.

          Comment


          • #20
            Nah. I was expecting something like that from Valve. "Buy Arcana = enjoy your event". Valve, this is not fair for other players or that players who don't have money for that. If they will not change their decisions, it will be riot here.

            Comment


            • #21
              I got the PA arcana, yet does that mean I'll go out of my way to kill that one hero? No definitely not. If I can grab it in a teamfight I definitely will, as long as it doesn't negatively affect my team. It's like legion, you aren't going to try and get your team to go out of their way so you can get the duel off if it's going to have a negative effect on the rest of the fight. I'm sure this will be very different down in the trench, but that's why it's called the trench.
              Volvo, how the fk are we supposed to stick by the rules and not get reported if those rules are different for everyone and there is no one controlling at all why people are reporting someone? Either implement oversight or remove your utterly broken and useless report system

              Comment


              • #22
                the title: "Free to play" does no longer stand since you have to PAY to play the event...
                This is how Dota2 games should look like! Game 1_Game 2_Game 3_Game 4_Game 5_Game 6

                Comment


                • #23
                  implying PA is not in every game already, they released such event, wow.

                  pls volvo, dont lose your common sense

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Agravaine View Post
                    I got the PA arcana, yet does that mean I'll go out of my way to kill that one hero? No definitely not. If I can grab it in a teamfight I definitely will, as long as it doesn't negatively affect my team. It's like legion, you aren't going to try and get your team to go out of their way so you can get the duel off if it's going to have a negative effect on the rest of the fight. I'm sure this will be very different down in the trench, but that's why it's called the trench.
                    Well, it's not just that, chance to get game with PA with arcana is too small. Why we shall pay to play event? It's not free-2-play anymore. And no Diretide this year. Valve, are you poor? Or you wanna buy another golden toilet for Gabe? I don't get it.
                    Yeah, last events was "pay-to-get-tokens" (at least in Frostivus 2013 we could get some free hats), but now people who have nothing is disadvantaged. VALVE, GIVE NORMAL EVENT PLEASE!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Our main problem isn't hats actually ...
                      This item will affect gameplay, not directly but it will. And that's a nonsense when u already have to deal vs 1 milion toxic players.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Roggan29 View Post
                        I thought the event will only trigger with PA selected and equipped with the arcana?

                        Is this not the case? Do you only need to have the arcana to trigger the event with any hero you play?
                        No, you only need PA in game to trigger the event.

                        And she does not even need the arcana.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Aenigma View Post
                          Our main problem isn't hats actually ...
                          This item will affect gameplay, not directly but it will. And that's a nonsense when u already have to deal vs 1 milion toxic players.
                          "I dont say, its hats but its hats" (just pointing this out )


                          I personal dont judge the current acana based Solly on speculations because there has been no experiences with such an item as of yet (techis new mind sign comes close towards this but its not yet bound to an event)
                          If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Jan2011 View Post
                            "I dont say, its hats but its hats" (just pointing this out )


                            I personal dont judge the current acana based Solly on speculations because there has been no experiences with such an item as of yet (techis new mind sign comes close towards this but its not yet bound to an event)

                            Quick dude, assemble the Valve Knight squadron, IT'S AN EMERGENCY!
                            https://soundcloud.com/blinkingriki182

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Craig View Post
                              The way I read it, is that if one or more players have the arcana, then the event is triggered providing that there is a PA in the match. The rewards are then distributed to the team who wins the event, providing they have the arcana.

                              So by picking her, you're asking for your match to be ruined.
                              The good news is that she has a 37% win rate against omni, ez mmr.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                No, you only need PA in game to trigger the event.

                                And she does not even need the arcana.
                                That's not what the files hint at. It's hinted that you need the arcana to start the contract, and if you fulfill the contract, other players on your team also need to have the arcana in order to get the reward.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X