Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

[Suggestion] Region Lock

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by BrainInside View Post
    The best you can do is to launch your game with a VPN:
    1. Connect to VPN somewhere in US or Canada;

    2. Launch the game;

    2.5. re-enter your steam password if prompted (sometimes if you time VPN connection with the game launch this doesn't happen)

    3. Go to the plus sign menu in chat channels and check for which regional chat you're the closest, if it's the one you set in VPN you've successfully spoofed your location.

    4. Disable the VPN

    5. If your game displays an OFFLINE indicator at the top of your screen go to matchmaking server settings and refresh your pings;

    These steps should trick the matchmaker that you are queueing europe from us and you will be matched with english speakers.

    Using this method you will be matched with english speakers even if you queue for Sto (Russia)
    Interesting. Gonna try that.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by zeroHr View Post

      If you solo queued, for your immortal rank, then you are not truly an immortal.

      No one cares about solo mmr, Dota revolves around team vs team. There was a time I could have agreed with you, solo queue meaning something. Dota has moved away from being a "solo hero" game, it's now balanced around tournament style play, where you are with a full team.

      The game is going down, because people like you want to play without a team.

      Cheers, you savage.
      It's ok, you can go back to being clueless alone in your room feeding your herald games.

      Comment


      • #18
        Remove region lock my vpn bill is uncomfortably high!

        Comment


        • #19
          Remove region lock my vpn bill is uncomfortably high! POsted from a canadian Nord VPN server god bless america love you gaben nice region lock you got there beating russian d̶o̶g̶ dota players all day today for a low price of 4.99 to nord <,MmMmmMm mMMMmmmmMMMMmMMmmMm (I am sober)
          Last edited by BrainInside; 02-01-2021, 11:38 AM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by sunandsteel View Post

            It's ok, you can go back to being clueless alone in your room feeding your herald games.

            MMR, or, ELO. It is a system based on 1v1, team vs team.

            If you honestly think, people who have gained high mmr by solo queueing, that they are good. Well, I'm pretty sure you are the one who are clueless.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by zeroHr View Post


              MMR, or, ELO. It is a system based on 1v1, team vs team.

              If you honestly think, people who have gained high mmr by solo queueing, that they are good. Well, I'm pretty sure you are the one who are clueless.
              Wow... You literally have -4 IQ.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by sunandsteel View Post

                Wow... You literally have -4 IQ.
                No, that's you.

                The MM does not properly use our solo MMR to match us, it is based off your win/loss. I'm sure you have had games, where you played terrible but still won. You should not have gained MMR, but you did because your team won the game for you.

                MMR uses win/loss, that's it. When the MM finds a match, it is the entire teams MMR combined VS another teams MMR. It does not use solo MMR in any meaningful way. Solo MMR means nothing, it is based off win/loss for the entire team and not your personal performance. It is an ancient system, ELO, that was easy to implement and works fine when you play with a team. When you start to look at MMR, as your personal performance, that is when you fail. Again, MMR is based off the entire team, not your personal performance.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by zeroHr View Post

                  No, that's you.

                  The MM does not properly use our solo MMR to match us, it is based off your win/loss. I'm sure you have had games, where you played terrible but still won. You should not have gained MMR, but you did because your team won the game for you.

                  MMR uses win/loss, that's it. When the MM finds a match, it is the entire teams MMR combined VS another teams MMR. It does not use solo MMR in any meaningful way. Solo MMR means nothing, it is based off win/loss for the entire team and not your personal performance. It is an ancient system, ELO, that was easy to implement and works fine when you play with a team. When you start to look at MMR, as your personal performance, that is when you fail. Again, MMR is based off the entire team, not your personal performance.
                  You can literaly go in your stats and look at your fucking mmr you retarded potato.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X