Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

What kind of penalty should be given to verbally abusive players?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Multiple choice is because you might agree with multiple types of penalties.

    Comment


    • #32
      Death penalty, nothing else will shut up those damn flamers that keep telling you that your a noob.
      Remove the option to mute a player in game.
      Only spilled blood can compensate for hurt feelings.
      Last edited by klaarnou; 07-03-2013, 05:43 AM.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by klaarnou View Post
        Death penalty, nothing else will shut up those damn flamers that keep telling you that your a noob.
        Remove the option to mute a player in game.
        Only spilled blood can compensate for hurt feelings.
        Seriously, there's flaming in every online game. Why do people cry about it? You get sad for getting called a noob? If anything, that should motivate you to be better. Remove the mute option and keep the regular mute system? You must work for Valve. Go play with bots, practice your hero and don't be a noob. It is that simple.
        Last edited by brotein; 07-03-2013, 06:05 AM.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by brotein View Post
          Seriously, there's flaming in every online game. Why do people cry about it? You get sad for getting called a noob? If anything, that should motivate you to be better. Remove the mute option and keep the regular mute system? You must work for Valve. Go play with bots, practice your hero and don't be a noob. It is that simple.
          Yeah, but why take the high road of proving people wrong when you can just shoot them?

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by brotein View Post
            Seriously, there's flaming in every online game. Why do people cry about it? You get sad for getting called a noob? If anything, that should motivate you to be better. Remove the mute option and keep the regular mute system? You must work for Valve. Go play with bots, practice your hero and don't be a noob. It is that simple.
            Ok sorry that went over your head.
            IT was sarcasm.
            Read my sig.

            Comment


            • #36
              HoN and LoL doesnt even have the mute system. Valve listens to the opinions of dropouts/insecure/suicidal kids so they dont commit suicide from hearing others lashing at them.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Typhox View Post
                Before they implemented LPQ for verbal abusive, they manually threw out permanent mute punishments. And before that they revoked beta access of (really big) flamers.
                Source? Also relevance given that you MAY be talking about things that date back to 2011?
                We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.



                merci fenix

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by klaarnou View Post
                  Ok sorry that went over your head.
                  IT was sarcasm.
                  Read my sig.
                  I had no idea that I was suppose to refer to sigs in order to translate posts as sarcastic.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    IGNORE THEM!
                    Dude just stfu, as your press the ignore button, talky talky talky no more talky

                    Last edited by CrazyStonerGotBanned; 07-03-2013, 08:10 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by erik-the-red View Post
                      Source? Also relevance given that you MAY be talking about things that date back to 2011?
                      Why would I need a source for that?
                      Everyone long enough in this forums should be able to remember that guys who were complaining about Dota 2 no longer in their games library and that guy reporting that he was muted permanently.

                      Originally posted by CrazyStonerGotBanned View Post
                      Dude just stfu, as your press the ignore button, talky talky talky no more talky
                      What's the benefit of that? I can not play a team game when people in my team are playing against me.
                      I think a safe abandon would be the ideal way to deal with griefers.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Bleako View Post
                        To celebrate the creation of this new forum section, here is a little poll for you! I've always said that flamers/verbally abusive players shouldn't get thrown in LPQ (like they used to months ago) for the simple fact that they aren't actually trolls... however, some people seem to disagree with me.

                        So... in ascending order of severity, what kind of penalty should be given to flamers? Feel free to select multiple choices!

                        Take note that this poll is only about the penalty and not the system used to judge players. For the sake of the poll, assume that the system put in place is perfect. You see a guy that constantly insults your mother in the chat, you report him... what should happen to him?
                        Until you specify how you determine who is and who isn't a flamer, then this poll is meaningless.
                        To avoid LPQ:

                        Don't draw attention to yourself
                        Don't use voice or chat except for 'ss'
                        Mute all at lvl 1
                        Only play in parties
                        Get alternate accounts
                        Limit your usage to one or two games per day per account
                        Don't play too well
                        Don't play on Sunday or Monday
                        Wait until the developers reset LPQ status

                        If you're getting matched with trolls or feeders:

                        You may have been placed in a hidden pool. There is no known way out of this, apart from moving to a different account.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Typhox View Post
                          What's the benefit of that? I can not play a team game when people in my team are playing against me. I think a safe abandon would be the ideal way to deal with griefers.
                          But then the terrorists win. You should be reporting them for one of the other two reportable options and send them to LPQ if they're just going to be game sabotaging children.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Typhox View Post
                            Why would I need a source for that?
                            Everyone long enough in this forums should be able to remember that guys who were complaining about Dota 2 no longer in their games library and that guy reporting that he was muted permanently.
                            So you're talking about stuff that dates back to 2011. K.

                            What's the benefit of that? I can not play a team game when people in my team are playing against me.
                            Here goes Typhox with his argument against any kind of mute functionality.
                            We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.



                            merci fenix

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              i liked how there wasn't an option to keep the old system of single muting (because flaming goes through player to player mute, and usually isn't cared about by a majority of the players). But because 1% of the population has open problems about flame they feel they need to have the power to ban those people from ever speaking.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Bleako View Post
                                To celebrate the creation of this new forum section, here is a little poll for you! I've always said that flamers/verbally abusive players shouldn't get thrown in LPQ (like they used to months ago) for the simple fact that they aren't actually trolls... however, some people seem to disagree with me.

                                So... in ascending order of severity, what kind of penalty should be given to flamers? Feel free to select multiple choices!

                                Take note that this poll is only about the penalty and not the system used to judge players. For the sake of the poll, assume that the system put in place is perfect. You see a guy that constantly insults your mother in the chat, you report him... what should happen to him?
                                Hi, welcome to the internet.

                                A place where, 10 years ago, the idea of free speech was actually a thing.

                                Valve has decided they have a better idea... ... pfft who needs a constitution when you have a mute system, AMIRITE

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X