Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

It is mind boggling how some people support the mute system

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by Rendezvous View Post
    That describes people on the other side as well. Don't be presumptive.
    We're not the ones saying "you got what you deserved" and acting gleefully about it.

    A lot of people want the mute system gone because they think it's okay to be fucking assholes and shit all over the community, not because there is something wrong with the mute system.
    Please don't tell me you think there was nothing wrong with the last version of the automated mute system.
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.



    merci fenix

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by mibuwolf View Post
      So just implement a ranked ladder in dota 2 essentially?
      With a little imagination such a system can be turned into a MM system. I don't say that it is the perfect solution, I am only saying it will be BETTER then what we have at the moment - rating should be available and should be seen by everyone, along with other statistics. There will also be people that would like to play unranked, then separate the MMs - one ranked and one that is unranked. Also there should be an all open lobby solution, where ratings are displayed upon joining. That way the whole spectrum will be covered - you will have best of all worlds. And with an integrated support for leauges this can become a solid platform that will appeal to all dota 1 players that don't like the current system (and they are many). These are just outlines of what things should look like. Ofcourse you can start arguing about this and that but everything that I've mentioned has already been implemented in the various platforms for dota 1. So these things are tested and are solid.
      https://soundcloud.com/blinkingriki182

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by BlinkingRiki182 View Post
        With a little imagination such a system can be turned into a MM system. I don't say that it is the perfect solution, I am only saying it will be BETTER then what we have at the moment - rating should be available and should be seen by everyone, along with other statistics. There will also be people that would like to play unranked, then separate the MMs - one ranked and one that is unranked. Also there should be an all open lobby solution, where ratings are displayed upon joining. That way the whole spectrum will be covered - you will have best of all worlds. And with an integrated support for leauges this can become a solid platform that will appeal to all dota 1 players that don't like the current system (and they are many). These are just outlines of what things should look like. Ofcourse you can start arguing about this and that but everything that I've mentioned has already been implemented in the various platforms for dota 1. So these things are tested and are solid.
        It wouldn't 'hurt' to add it on top of the current MM.

        Comment


        • #79
          Only insecure people support the mute system because they're AFRAID OF FREEDOM OF SPEECH! ONLY COWARDS ARE AFRAID OF WHEN PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO SPEAK FREELY!
          sigpic
          Mute system is just another attack on freedom of speech. CENSORSHIP IN THE PUREST FORM.

          Comment


          • #80
            One sign of an intelligent and reasonable person is their ability to post things in upper caps.
            Originally posted by fletcher
            Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose.
            Is every post on this forum about the Dunning-Kruger effect?

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by NoFreedomofSpeechSaysValv View Post
              Only insecure people support the mute system because they're AFRAID OF FREEDOM OF SPEECH! ONLY COWARDS ARE AFRAID OF WHEN PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO SPEAK FREELY!
              Nice logic.
              Now go harass someone in real life and see your precious "freedom of speech".
              つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Solo Queue

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Kumori View Post
                Nice logic.
                Now go harass someone in real life and see your precious "freedom of speech".
                List an example of a functioning country in real life that determines guilt and assigns punishments by law based on what two people say.
                We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.



                merci fenix

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by erik-the-red View Post
                  List an example of a functioning country in real life that determines guilt and assigns punishments by law based on what two people say.
                  Communist countries.
                  sigpic
                  Mute system is just another attack on freedom of speech. CENSORSHIP IN THE PUREST FORM.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by NoFreedomofSpeechSaysValv View Post
                    Only insecure people support the mute system because they're AFRAID OF FREEDOM OF SPEECH! ONLY COWARDS ARE AFRAID OF WHEN PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO SPEAK FREELY!
                    Account creation date: July 4th. Makes sense!

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by erik-the-red View Post
                      List an example of a functioning country in real life that determines guilt and assigns punishments by law based on what two people say.
                      The USA, when it's a 'he said she said' case?
                      Originally posted by fletcher
                      Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose.
                      Is every post on this forum about the Dunning-Kruger effect?

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Bleako View Post
                        Account creation date: July 4th. Makes sense!
                        I hate people like you who think that just because someone is new to the forums that his comments are not valid? Every forums that I have ever joined has some troll like you who says "Wow he is new to here. I was never new to here!"
                        sigpic
                        Mute system is just another attack on freedom of speech. CENSORSHIP IN THE PUREST FORM.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          I was showing the correlation between today being America's most important holiday and the fact that you mention freedom of speech and communism.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            So you don't believe in freedom of speech? Where do you live? China?
                            sigpic
                            Mute system is just another attack on freedom of speech. CENSORSHIP IN THE PUREST FORM.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by NoFreedomofSpeechSaysValv View Post
                              Communist countries.
                              Exactly. This system mimics countries that should not ever be mimicked, like North Korea.

                              Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
                              The USA, when it's a 'he said she said' case?
                              The court of PUBLIC OPINION might "punish" one of the two parties, but not the legal court.
                              We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.



                              merci fenix

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by erik-the-red View Post
                                List an example of a functioning country in real life that determines guilt and assigns punishments by law based on what two people say.
                                so your country do nothing with verbal/written threats?
                                Hell...even excessive harassment would lead to legal actions (such as heavy bullying and the alike).

                                It's quite delusional of people to think there is such a thing as absolute freedom of speech.

                                In my eyes, freedom of speech is more about the ability and possibility to say what you want.
                                However, everything you say will have consequences.
                                つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Solo Queue

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X