Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Mute System Broken and Abused - Proof/Video

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    the mute system is a disaster. i thought the system was made to avoid players from quitting the game?(that what the blog says) i think getting muted for a ridiculous amount of time is a good reason enough to quit
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=156999318
    proof:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/570/di...2399770935061/
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2

    Comment


    • #17
      I wonder if the people implemented this have really tried playing the actual game and teamed up to an uncooperative player who doesn't even care, doesn't defend, doesn't push together, doesn't join the team clashes nothing they just farmed all day which always resulted to an absolute defeat. I wonder if they can keep their cool and doesn't get stressed on these kind of people. i was once muted for making some shitty comments. i admit that one and they are right for muting me. btw that was 1 week mute so after that i learned my lesson and never talk shit again, using the chat wheel all the time but after a couple of days i got muted another 1 week ban, sweet. then i try to remember if i made some bad comment at the past then i remember, i did... but i was just calling them "noobs", i did not make any racist comments or "F" word. So calling then "noobs" is rude enough for me to deserve a 1 week ban? now im wondering on who is approving the mute? is it a real person or an automated program? i know the mute system is just an experiment and i tell you right now that this system is killing the game. look for the forums and so many people are leaving dota2 because of this. getting mute is a mental torture. please valve re-think the mute system, it doesn't have to be remove it just needs adjustments

      P.S. im getting really pretty scared right now to even type a single word on the chatbox

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by vaultdweller123 View Post
        now im wondering on who is approving the mute?
        No one, its an automated system that simply adds
        Reports / games-time = Mute

        Meaning: If you are reported X times in X number of games or in X period of time (All of these numbers are unknown, but the number of reports seems to be 2-3) you'll be muted, even if you didnt speak at all in the entire game

        Wanna test it? play with a couple of friends in 2 games, dont speak at ALL (Voice or text) in both games, have them report you in both and enjoy your next mute

        And if possible record it with FRAPS and upload it in this forum
        Make a NON automated report system.
        I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
        Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
        The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Shmendrich View Post
          No one, its an automated system that simply adds
          Reports / games-time = Mute

          Meaning: If you are reported X times in X number of games or in X period of time (All of these numbers are unknown, but the number of reports seems to be 2-3) you'll be muted, even if you didnt speak at all in the entire game

          Wanna test it? play with a couple of friends in 2 games, dont speak at ALL (Voice or text) in both games, have them report you in both and enjoy your next mute

          And if possible record it with FRAPS and upload it in this forum
          omg *facepalm

          Comment


          • #20
            my friend played one game, he got muted. LMAO

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by wachon1992 View Post
              my friend played one game, he got muted. LMAO
              That sounds about right. I just started setting up tests again and ran into a snag (also available in topic in sig) ...

              When I was doing this testing the first time around, I had two accounts played that made it all the way to 168h before I let them sit and do nothing. Every single person's account out there (you can find this out by -console "developer 1; dota_game_account_debug") has a timestamp for when they were last muted and that was set to 0 by Valve's reset. When I come back and try to report both of these just once, they get banned AGAIN for 24h.

              This testing is off to a bad start already. lol... volvo I thought it was established 2 is too low, and 1 and done is totally messed up.
              Last edited by F2P; 07-03-2013, 09:53 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by F2P View Post
                That sounds about right. I just started setting up tests again and ran into a snag (also available in topic in sig) ...

                When I was doing this testing the first time around, I had two accounts played that made it all the way to 168h before I let them sit and do nothing. Every single person's account out there (you can find this out by -console "developer 1; dota_game_account_debug") has a timestamp for when they were last muted and that was set to 0 by Valve's reset. When I come back and try to report both of these just once, they get banned AGAIN for 24h.

                This testing is off to a bad start already. lol... volvo I thought it was established 2 is too low, and 1 and done is totally messed up.
                2 would be perfectly fine if the system wasnt automated but you know...

                Comment


                • #23
                  Jesus, did you really have to make a video? I'm pretty sure Valve already knows, judging by all the 298301092183901382190318 posts and threads everyday

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by score View Post
                    Jesus, did you really have to make a video? I'm pretty sure Valve already knows, judging by all the 298301092183901382190318 posts and threads everyday
                    doesnt look like they know, they changed minor things on the system like 4-5 times in 2 months and couple of weeks.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by wachon1992 View Post
                      2 would be perfectly fine if the system wasnt automated but you know...
                      Taking a look with a brand new account it took four reports just to get shut down. But it also took 1 on an old account that was offline after being muted for so long. So I'm guessing they stripped out the time elapsed crap and raised the threshold like they should've... just a matter of figuring out how many games you do have to play now to be immune. Since you can't get reported while being muted you can probably rack that immunity up just by walking off your punishment.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by F2P View Post
                        Taking a look with a brand new account it took four reports just to get shut down. But it also took 1 on an old account that was offline after being muted for so long. So I'm guessing they stripped out the time elapsed crap and raised the threshold like they should've... just a matter of figuring out how many games you do have to play now to be immune. Since you can't get reported while being muted you can probably rack that immunity up just by walking off your punishment.
                        4 6 10 25, as long as its automated there will always be 1 unlucky person who will recieve reports without deserving them and will end up muted.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by wachon1992 View Post
                          4 6 10 25, as long as its automated there will always be 1 unlucky person who will recieve reports without deserving them and will end up muted.
                          Three misfortunes, that's possible. Seven misfortunates, there's an outside chance. But nine misfortunes? I'd like to see that! -- Mr. Burns

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Ryuukun View Post
                            People actually fear that they might lose matches vs bots?
                            THIS. i cant believe it..

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I enjoyed this video
                              Originally posted by SabotaZ
                              Alright, let me name couple of goals since a multi-million company like valve (based on this Newell worths 1.3 billion dollars and gratz to him but thats not the point of the thread) is using even psychologists to know beforehand how customers would react on anything but does not know what the customers want.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Bleako View Post
                                You should have waited a little before making this post. The next patch will include changes to the mute system and will remove your current penalty.
                                After the new batch of changes you can defend it with fresh resolve.
                                It must be prefect now after the 5th update.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X