Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

If you choose to Solo Queue, matchmaking will punish you

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Same shit happens in MMR too.

    Comment


    • #77
      look this match

      http://dotabuff.com/matches/250829726

      my team (35 wins ) - (54 wins )-(479 wins ) - (79 wins ) and me (1138 wins) ....

      The more games a player has, he has more experience, never a player with 2k + games will be worse than the other 100 games .. this is called experience of dota.
      After this update, the level of the games got worse, I played games with furion, who could not take a tower ... sven did not know take a lh.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by SauloAqueiroz View Post
        look this match

        http://dotabuff.com/matches/250829726

        my team (35 wins ) - (54 wins )-(479 wins ) - (79 wins ) and me (1138 wins) ....

        The more games a player has, he has more experience, never a player with 2k + games will be worse than the other 100 games .. this is called experience of dota.
        After this update, the level of the games got worse, I played games with furion, who could not take a tower ... sven did not know take a lh.
        I am in a similar situation on the opposite end of the spectrum. I have about 65 wins, and I am continually teamed against people with 300+ wins. When I complain, the people in the match say "number of wins don't matter." Well, I call horse crap - as a game with nearly 120+ heroes takes a tremendous amount of time to learn them all, much less master them. I random nearly every time I play and I've still only played about 1/3rd of all of the heroes.

        Like you said, the more games you have played - the more experience you have. I am tremendously better at 65 wins (although still awful) than I was with 30 wins. I can only imagine where I'd be at 120, 250, 500, etc. In my opinion Valve really needs to give more weight to the number of wins and/or the number of total games in the matchmaking algorithms.

        Comment


        • #79
          IS NOT ABOUT THE NUMBER OF WINS.


          fuck.

          To the thread owner: man you have 700 wins but you also have 49% win ratio so may be you are as good as a 50 wins guy in the ELO system.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by SauloAqueiroz View Post
            look this match

            http://dotabuff.com/matches/250829726

            my team (35 wins ) - (54 wins )-(479 wins ) - (79 wins ) and me (1138 wins) ....

            The more games a player has, he has more experience, never a player with 2k + games will be worse than the other 100 games .. this is called experience of dota.
            After this update, the level of the games got worse, I played games with furion, who could not take a tower ... sven did not know take a lh.
            I know exactly how you feel and for some with 1.1k wins, it's ridiculous to be paired like that


            Originally posted by Groux View Post
            I am in a similar situation on the opposite end of the spectrum. I have about 65 wins, and I am continually teamed against people with 300+ wins. When I complain, the people in the match say "number of wins don't matter." Well, I call horse crap - as a game with nearly 120+ heroes takes a tremendous amount of time to learn them all, much less master them. I random nearly every time I play and I've still only played about 1/3rd of all of the heroes.

            Like you said, the more games you have played - the more experience you have. I am tremendously better at 65 wins (although still awful) than I was with 30 wins. I can only imagine where I'd be at 120, 250, 500, etc. In my opinion Valve really needs to give more weight to the number of wins and/or the number of total games in the matchmaking algorithms.
            You sir, helped me with what I was trying to state, while the high wins players hate being paired with clueless ones. The low win ones who are still learning the game hate being against people who most definitely know far more than them.




            Originally posted by YYZ, View Post
            IS NOT ABOUT THE NUMBER OF WINS.


            fuck.

            To the thread owner: man you have 700 wins but you also have 49% win ratio so may be you are as good as a 50 wins guy in the ELO system.
            And you sound exactly like the kind of people who would make a trash matchmaking system. Oh and some info for you,
            1.) It's 49.47 which well, almost keeps with the contentious notion that MM will ensure you to be 48-52% more so if you solo queue.
            2.) Win rate is way worse a method of judging whom you should be paired with. I was partying with a friend, in the 46-47% win rate. He'd play support most games. So when he'd queue solo, he could only do so much as a support after which he'd have to rely on 4 other players to play their roles right and the guy is a brilliant support. He'll end his game with two bracers and brown boots if he really has to but he will make sure we have vision all game long.
            3.) Now, why wins matter...so some guy starts off dota, discovers RIKI. Starts stomping like mad and most times, he barely has an idea what the other heroes do, since as a riki you don't even need to in the early games. Matchmaking thinks he's too pro, matches him with better players and voila, the guy learns about dust, amplify damage, track, gem and even sentries for the first time and in the hard way. While his team is left getting frustrated and flaming the crap out of him.

            oh and the "You have a 49% win ratio so maybe you are as good as a 50 wins guy..." made me pmsl. Thank you for being so preposterous.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Paranoia14 View Post
              I know exactly how you feel and for some with 1.1k wins, it's ridiculous to be paired like that




              You sir, helped me with what I was trying to state, while the high wins players hate being paired with clueless ones. The low win ones who are still learning the game hate being against people who most definitely know far more than them.






              And you sound exactly like the kind of people who would make a trash matchmaking system. Oh and some info for you,
              1.) It's 49.47 which well, almost keeps with the contentious notion that MM will ensure you to be 48-52% more so if you solo queue.
              2.) Win rate is way worse a method of judging whom you should be paired with. I was partying with a friend, in the 46-47% win rate. He'd play support most games. So when he'd queue solo, he could only do so much as a support after which he'd have to rely on 4 other players to play their roles right and the guy is a brilliant support. He'll end his game with two bracers and brown boots if he really has to but he will make sure we have vision all game long.
              3.) Now, why wins matter...so some guy starts off dota, discovers RIKI. Starts stomping like mad and most times, he barely has an idea what the other heroes do, since as a riki you don't even need to in the early games. Matchmaking thinks he's too pro, matches him with better players and voila, the guy learns about dust, amplify damage, track, gem and even sentries for the first time and in the hard way. While his team is left getting frustrated and flaming the crap out of him.

              oh and the "You have a 49% win ratio so maybe you are as good as a 50 wins guy..." made me pmsl. Thank you for being so preposterous.
              There are lots of ppl who have played 1000 games, are at 40 something win % and are almost as bad as a totally new player. For solo MM elo would be a rather good way to match ppl (at last if you would bracket it), for teams it is horrible.

              Comment

              Working...
              X