Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

TOP 3 reasons this game is COMPLETELY BUSTED!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by FoxCharge View Post
    Here's a simple solution to the region locking debate - only allow solo players to queue in their own region, and only allow parties to queue in the regions of their members. For instance, I alone could only queue in US East, but if I'm partied with my Western European buddy, we could choose between US East or Europe West. We would all still be able to party up and play with all our foreign friends, but we would eliminate all the issues of foreign players (both solo-queuers and groups) queueing up in ridiculous regions. That sounds reasonable, right?
    I have some friends who live very, very far away. And we choose server "inbetween" to "divide" the ping. Should we go f* ourselves now?
    You're only as strong as your weakest link.
    -Thomas Reid

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by soprof View Post
      I have some friends who live very, very far away. And we choose server "inbetween" to "divide" the ping.
      Ideally, once the entry queues are over and all the Dota 2 servers are in full swing, there would only be a negligible ping difference between your native servers and the "in between" servers. In the long run, local ISPs have more of an impact on speeds than distance - just look at the issues South American servers had during most of the beta. When the servers get to that point, I think locking parties to the native servers of their members would be a pretty decent solution.

      Originally posted by soprof View Post
      Should we go f* ourselves now?
      No need to be so hostile, it's a suggestion.
      ◕_◕

      Comment


      • #48

        ded game

        Comment


        • #49
          Only COWARDS want people to be MUTED because they are afraid that people will tell them the TRUTH about how much they SUCK.
          sigpic
          Mute system is just another attack on freedom of speech. CENSORSHIP IN THE PUREST FORM.

          Comment


          • #50
            -the only problem with MM is the retarded 50% forced winrate, everyone should just play with people on their level instead of getting a lot of wins and then just getting thrown with 3 guys with 3 wins and they say "first time playing this hero " and getting stomped 70-5.
            -NO to region lock there's a lto of people who want to play from people from other places this would be less money for valve so it will never happen
            -mute system WORKS everyone who complains about it must be one hell of a bad player that insults everyone for their faults

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Balgorxz View Post
              -mute system WORKS everyone who complains about it must be one hell of a bad player that insults everyone for their faults
              Only bad players are afraid of people telling them how much they suck.
              sigpic
              Mute system is just another attack on freedom of speech. CENSORSHIP IN THE PUREST FORM.

              Comment


              • #52
                oh god. mute system = violation of freedom of speech? GTFO.

                Article 19 of the ICCPR states that "everyone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference" and "everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice". Article 19 goes on to say that the exercise of these rights carries "special duties and responsibilities" and may "therefore be subject to certain restrictions" when necessary "for respect of the rights or reputation of others" or "for the protection of national security or of public order, or of public health or morals".

                You may particularly be interested in the bold part.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Nexemis View Post
                  I guess you havent been queued again premades in the solo queue. consider yourself lucky.
                  I que in solo MM all the time. Never faced a premade. Perhaps you are attributing that to the fact that 5 solo Qs had a lot of chemistry when they played. You have no proof, so stop talking out of your ass.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Yormaika View Post
                    oh god. mute system = violation of freedom of speech? GTFO.

                    Article 19 of the ICCPR states that "everyone shall have the right to hold opinions without interference" and "everyone shall have the right to freedom of expression; this right shall include freedom to seek, receive and impart information and ideas of all kinds, regardless of frontiers, either orally, in writing or in print, in the form of art, or through any other media of his choice". Article 19 goes on to say that the exercise of these rights carries "special duties and responsibilities" and may "therefore be subject to certain restrictions" when necessary "for respect of the rights or reputation of others" or "for the protection of national security or of public order, or of public health or morals".

                    You may particularly be interested in the bold part.
                    Btw those restrictions mostly apply to SLANDER and LIBEL. The "restrictions" have nothing to do with the random "FUCK YOU NOOB!" comments.
                    sigpic
                    Mute system is just another attack on freedom of speech. CENSORSHIP IN THE PUREST FORM.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by NoFreedomofSpeechSaysValv View Post
                      Only bad players are afraid of people telling them how much they suck.
                      It has nothing to do with being "afraid." Only mature players have the self-control to not get mad at video games.
                      ◕_◕

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by FoxCharge View Post
                        It has nothing to do with being "afraid." Only mature players have the self-control to not get mad at video games.
                        So if you're so mature, why can't you handle the occasional rager and just ignore him? Nah there's no reason for desiring anyone to be muted unless you're scared of him offending your tender ego.
                        sigpic
                        Mute system is just another attack on freedom of speech. CENSORSHIP IN THE PUREST FORM.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by NoFreedomofSpeechSaysValv View Post
                          So if you're so mature, why can't you handle the occasional rager and just ignore him? Nah there's no reason for desiring anyone to be muted unless you're scared of him offending your tender ego.
                          I do end up muting them in most cases. I also make sure they don't get off completely scot-free and continue to make the Dota 2 community look bad.
                          ◕_◕

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by FoxCharge View Post
                            I do end up muting them in most cases. I also make sure they don't get off completely scot-free and continue to make the Dota 2 community look bad.
                            Well I'm sure everyone appreciates the "noble" sacrifice that you're taking by reporting the "evil" people in the community that are "destroying" and "making dota 2 look bad". I'm glad you refuse to let them "escape justice".
                            Last edited by NoFreedomofSpeechSaysValv; 07-25-2013, 07:05 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Mute system is just another attack on freedom of speech. CENSORSHIP IN THE PUREST FORM.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Balgorxz View Post
                              -mute system WORKS everyone who complains about it must be one hell of a bad player that insults everyone for their faults
                              yeah im muted because, telling the sad sad truth is bad.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                I dont care what language my team speaks as long as if they play their role properly. If you dont wanna hear them speak russian or chinese on mike then there is a thing called mute.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X