Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Enemy Mana Bars

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If people were given the choice of seeing either an enemy's health bars or mana bars, they would choose health 100% of the time. Can we please stop acting as if they're the same thing or equally important as one another.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by kekeke View Post
      If people were given the choice of seeing either an enemy's health bars or mana bars, they would choose health 100% of the time. Can we please stop acting as if they're the same thing or equally important as one another.
      I did not know source engine have a limitation of one bar per hero..oh wai-

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Stop comparing the two. Clicking on every unit to check its health would be tedious, clicking on 5 isn't.

        I cringe every time they're compared.
        Both are indicators for the ability to kill or be killed, right?

        Originally posted by Mataur View Post
        I think that was sarcasm... ,)
        No shit? Jeez...

        Comment


        • I played Hon where mana bar are shown and i think it's a too good indication having the enemy's mana always shown. There are 2 situations where the mana bar give too much hint of what the opponent is doing :
          1) When you have illusion the longest/shortest mana bar is the original one : Illusion/manta style is almost useless then.
          2) When Kunka will be released you will know too easily when a torrent is casted.

          So even if in normal fight situation I would like to have the information, I found that the hiden mana bar was a good idea.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Pouloum View Post
            1) When you have illusion the longest/shortest mana bar is the original one : Illusion/manta style is almost useless then.
            2) When Kunka will be released you will know too easily when a torrent is casted.
            1) Yeah, using manta to dodge and/or do some mindgames is almost non-existent...wait what?
            2) Casting animation, anyone?

            Comment


            • You can fake the casting animation by stopping the cast, can't really fake your mana bar going down or not. Being able to tell instantly who is the real one on manta is definitely an issue, even though manta is still useful. There's also how it makes it easier for AM to know who and when to ult. Currently in dota2, I often see AM ulting people without empty mana bars(not entirely empty at least), in hon you have to be straight up retarded to ulti someone with mana since you can see it so easily.

              Personally I don't care either way. I think having mana bars makes it more intuitive and easier on newcomers, but not having them adds an interesting part of the game even though it's through a mechanical UI hoop. So I'm fine with either.

              Comment


              • what about not displaying the mana bar over the enemy character's head UNLESS you have them highlighted/targeted, so its very similar to what we have now but removes the tedium of having to look down and away from the action at their mana numbers. best of both worlds imo.
                Last edited by Newklearish; 10-04-2011, 04:13 AM.

                Comment


                • Directly using skills after popping manta will reveal you anyway and you can easily find out the real one by damaging one or more. If you are experienced you can tell if an animation was canceled or not. I am not saying it doesn't influence it at all, but the change is not as dramatic as it seems.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Newklearish View Post
                    what about not displaying the mana bar over the enemy character's head UNLESS you have them highlighted/targeted, so its very similar to what we have now but removes the tedium of having to look down and away from the action at their mana numbers. best of both worlds imo.
                    I agree. This seems to be a fair solution.
                    SEARCH FUNCTION, SEARCH FUNCTION, SEARCH FUNCTION. DAMNIT.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Newklearish View Post
                      what about not displaying the mana bar over the enemy character's head UNLESS you have them highlighted/targeted, so its very similar to what we have now but removes the tedium of having to look down and away from the action at their mana numbers. best of both worlds imo.
                      In my opinion enemy mana bars should just be there all the time (didn't make HoN too easy imo), but as it seems we won't be having that, Newklearish's suggestion is very good.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Pouloum View Post
                        I played Hon where mana bar are shown and i think it's a too good indication having the enemy's mana always shown. There are 2 situations where the mana bar give too much hint of what the opponent is doing :
                        1) When you have illusion the longest/shortest mana bar is the original one : Illusion/manta style is almost useless then.
                        2) When Kunka will be released you will know too easily when a torrent is casted.

                        So even if in normal fight situation I would like to have the information, I found that the hiden mana bar was a good idea.
                        I'm sorry but it's obvious if Kunkka casts Torrent anyway. You have to use fog if you want to go unnoticed.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Spectrus View Post
                          I'm sorry but it's obvious if Kunkka casts Torrent anyway. You have to use fog if you want to go unnoticed.
                          Actually think situation example where ur doing so called "Faketorrent" (if you can do this in DotA2 can't see reason why you would not) then enemy instantly sees when you actually cast the torrent

                          Im against this.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NotAHax View Post
                            Actually think situation example where ur doing so called "Faketorrent" (if you can do this in DotA2 can't see reason why you would not) then enemy instantly sees when you actually cast the torrent

                            Im against this.
                            So you're against this because you can't do a tactic that only works on noobs?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Kild View Post
                              So you're against this because you can't do a tactic that only works on noobs?
                              No, i just gave example how you could abuse it.

                              Im against it becouse i think making things like watching enemy mana easier which is actually important at some situations is stupid...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by NotAHax View Post
                                No, i just gave example how you could abuse it.

                                Im against it becouse i think making things like watching enemy mana easier which is actually important at some situations is stupid...
                                How is it stupid?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X