Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

We really need stats now.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We really need stats now.

    Hi everyone.

    Well.. im about to hit my 1000th game and im starting to feel "what is the point?"


    Average k/d, wards, creepkills & denies should be introduced into everyones profile so anyone can check it out. When i join a game with 4 friends i want to see if the 5th is a capable player before letting him solo mid with his sand king.. with stats i couldve gone into his profile and notice he has an average k/d of 3 kills and 19 deaths and 49 creepkills per game. I would not have allowed him to solo mid. (he was probably also russian)




    No honestly, it is what dota needs.. rankingboards for publicplayers and whatnot.

  • #2
    It's a lot harder for bad players to convince themselves they're not bad when their stats reflect their gameplay.


    Then they have to try to argue that stats don't matter in addition to having terrible teammates instead of just arguing that they lose because they have terrible teammates.

    Basically lots of people won't want this so it's probably not going to be added.

    This thread will be full of flames.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Fenald View Post
      It's a lot harder for bad players to convince themselves they're not bad when their stats reflect their gameplay.


      Then they have to try to argue that stats don't matter in addition to having terrible teammates instead of just arguing that they lose because they have terrible teammates.

      Basically lots of people won't want this so it's probably not going to be added.

      This thread will be full of flames.
      I honestly see no reason to not add it.

      If the heaviest argument is "stats n0 matter!1" it should be implented. It makes the game interesting. How come some people have ALOT better stats than others? Either they are stacking 5's or they are just better.

      People that is not that good have to realise that there is better people out there, interested in these kind of things.

      Comment


      • #4
        >Average k/d
        No, this would defeat the purpose of a team-based game

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by PieOnEar View Post
          >Average k/d
          No, this would defeat the purpose of a team-based game
          Explain further please. Why would this defeat the purpose of a team-based game?


          Should we delete replays, statistics of the last played games also? I mean, what if someone actually saw that you manuvered that 0/20 riki?

          Comment


          • #6
            By endgame, the average support would have about equal assists, more deaths, less kills, and far less CS than your average carry. Doesn't say anything about the skill level of said players

            The only stat that is useful is win/lose

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by HTB View Post
              By endgame, the average support would have about equal assists, more deaths, less kills, and far less CS than your average carry. Doesn't say anything about the skill level of said players

              The only stat that is useful is win/lose
              Of course i was thinking about that. Right now the profile displays you're most succesful heroes. If you play alot of support this will show up and people will see that you are a supportplayer. Makes sense?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Trem View Post
                Average k/d, wards, creepkills & denies should be introduced into everyones profile so anyone can check it out
                Support players and gankers should specifically be trying to let their carries get kills and even sacrificing themselves to let the carry live. If KDR was introduced, people would be too concerned with their own statistics and refuse to play properly. Selfish decisions, constant kill-stealing, just generally rude behavior all around because they care more about numbers than anything else.

                Displaying CS (Last hits & Denies) is also completely meaningless. Certain heroes just don't farm or last-hit in the lane, period. Some heroes farm significantly more than others. It serves as nothing more than an elitist way to determine if someone is "suited to be a carry" on their team, and will cause a lot of tryhard players to deny their teammates the right to play specific heroes. "you're not gonna be the carry, you've only got an average of 290 GPM -- you're probably gonna be shit. So just buy wards and let me farm, noob."

                Wards mean the least of all stats. People will just buy wards once the game is "over" entirely to pad their stats. This usually involves buying wards and throwing them down in the fountain when they think they've "lost".

                But worst of all: people will begin to treat per-game statistics as a more meaningful way of determining skill than actually winning - causing a lot of players to AFK when they think they've lost in order to maintain their KDR, and will cause a lot of players to "farm" stats instead of just finishing the game when they have the advantage. Another reason why stats mean virtually nothing.

                Originally posted by Trem View Post
                When i join a game with 4 friends i want to see if the 5th is a capable player before letting him solo mid with his sand king.. with stats i couldve gone into his profile and notice he has an average k/d of 3 kills and 19 deaths and 49 creepkills per game. I would not have allowed him to solo mid. (he was probably also russian)
                Point in case.
                Last edited by Mittsies; 02-13-2012, 02:40 AM.

                Originally posted by CvP
                retards don't count as people.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Although the anit-russian part of your post makes me don't like you, I also agree that there should be some reliable information about your team mates (k/d is usually not reliable btw).
                  On the other side, I see it as the matchmaking's job to put people with similar skill level into the same team. I really don't like how currently people with 150 wins play together with people with 7 wins. It makes your suggestion kind of necessary.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Mittsies View Post
                    Support players and gankers should specifically be trying to let their carries get kills and even sacrificing themselves to let the carry live. If KDR was introduced, people would be too concerned with their own statistics and refuse to play properly. Selfish decisions, constant kill-stealing, just generally rude behavior all around because they care more about numbers than anything else.

                    Displaying CS (Last hits & Denies) is also completely meaningless. Certain heroes just don't farm or last-hit in the lane, period. Some heroes farm significantly more than others. It serves as nothing more than an elitist way to determine if someone is "suited to be a carry" on their team, and will cause a lot of tryhard players to deny their teammates the right to play specific heroes. "you're not gonna be the carry, you've only got an average of 290 GPM -- you're probably gonna be shit. So just buy wards and let me farm, noob."

                    Wards mean the least of all stats. People will just buy wards once the game is "over" entirely to pad their stats. This usually involves buying wards and throwing them down in the fountain when they think they've "lost".

                    But worst of all: people will begin to treat per-game statistics as a more meaningful way of determining skill than actually winning - causing a lot of players to AFK when they think they've lost in order to maintain their KDR, and will cause a lot of players to "farm" stats instead of just finishing the game when they have the advantage. Another reason why stats mean virtually nothing.


                    Point in case.
                    All of the above is bullshit and you know it.
                    People will not start buying wards in trancemode just because they are about to win/lose, people will not killsteal just because stats is implented. The thing that means most to people is the win.. you dont want another loss, just win. All the other stats just adds more value to the game, more statistics.. and belive me, people love statistics.

                    Honestly Mittsies, i don't think this game is for you.. perhaps Motorcross Madness 2 is your type of game.

                    (user warned for post)
                    Last edited by Chairraider; 02-19-2012, 07:20 AM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Trem View Post
                      People will not start buying wards in trancemode just because they are about to win/lose, people will not killsteal just because stats is implented.
                      Just how clueless are you? We have a prime example of people "turning into monsters over per-game statistics".
                      Every game of HoN someone buys all the wards and drops them in the fountain before a game ends (or once they've determined the game is "over").
                      People constantly KS, refuse to do teamfights when they think their team is bad, refuse to sacrifice themselves for their carry, etc.

                      Originally posted by CvP
                      retards don't count as people.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Mittsies View Post
                        Just how clueless are you? We have a prime example of people "turning into monsters over per-game statistics".
                        Every game of HoN someone buys all the wards and drops them in the fountain before a game ends (or once they've determined the game is "over").
                        People constantly KS, refuse to do teamfights when they think their team is bad, refuse to sacrifice themselves for their carry, etc.
                        HoN is also a great example of a rotten community. Everyone in HoN is 14 years old.

                        Im glad to say that in DOTA 2 the community is much better though, alot more mature. There is no reason to not add statistics, seriously.



                        http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/playe...php?aid=199337
                        Now i definately understand why you don't want statistics.. you are simply not good enough to get bragingrights with them?
                        Last edited by Trem; 02-13-2012, 03:02 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Trem View Post
                          HoN is also a great example of a rotten community. Everyone in HoN is 14 years old.

                          Im glad to say that in DOTA 2 the community is much better though, alot more mature. There is no reason to not add statistics, seriously.
                          Look, I know you're just trolling at this point because you're too braindead to think of a good argument.

                          But just consider the following:

                          Player A) 300 Wins, 265 Losses as Chen. His average stats are garbage. Low KDR (0.7~). Low gold per minute. If you watch his actual games he displays incredible teamwork, great use of his creeps, great coordination. He wards all game, he protects his teammates, he helps push. He's your ideal, perfect Chen player. Someone you'd want to have on your team every game.

                          Player B) 300 Wins, 375 Losses as Clinkz. His average stats are incredible. High KDR (1.6~), fantastic gold per minute and denies. If you watch his actual games, however, he's just some typical pubstar who avoids teamfights like the plague and specifically goes out of his way to only join fights to clean up kills and leave. When his team is destroying - he tries his hardest to killsteal and farm KDR/GPM for no good reason. He doesn't play to win, because winning doesn't earn him good stats.

                          Just some food for thought.

                          Originally posted by CvP
                          retards don't count as people.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Mittsies View Post
                            Just how clueless are you? We have a prime example of people "turning into monsters over per-game statistics".
                            Every game of HoN someone buys all the wards and drops them in the fountain before a game ends (or once they've determined the game is "over").
                            People constantly KS, refuse to do teamfights when they think their team is bad, refuse to sacrifice themselves for their carry, etc.
                            I'd say this must be a low tier thing but when playing with my friend in the 1600 bracket I very rarely see anyone giving enough of a shit to buy out the devastating 4 max wards and place them at the end of the game. I do see a lot of spelling shit with rev wards but those don't count towards the wards.

                            Additionally I see no difference in how people play in game between dota and hon.

                            Shit players play like shit it has nothing to do with them seeing their overall stats or not because the fact is kids who care about their overall stats care just as much about a single games stats and play exactly the same regardless of if those stats are factored into their public collective stats from all games.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mittsies View Post
                              Look, I know you're just trolling at this point because you're too braindead to think of a good argument.

                              But just consider the following:

                              Player A) 300 Wins, 265 Losses as Chen. His average stats are garbage. Low KDR (0.7~). Low gold per minute. If you watch his actual games he displays incredible teamwork, great use of his creeps, great coordination. He wards all game, he protects his teammates, he helps push. He's your ideal, perfect Chen player. Someone you'd want to have on your team every game.

                              Player B) 300 Wins, 375 Losses as Clinkz. His average stats are incredible. High KDR (1.6~), fantastic gold per minute and denies. If you watch his actual games, however, he's just some typical pubstar who avoids teamfights like the plague and specifically goes out of his way to only join fights to clean up kills and leave. When his team is destroying - he tries his hardest to killsteal and farm KDR/GPM for no good reason. He doesn't play to win, because winning doesn't earn him good stats.

                              Just some food for thought.
                              I see where you are going with this, and i disagree.

                              Do you think the chenplayer would dislike the idea of statistics being implented? Do you think he would be like.. "whaaat? i do so often, i dont want people to see that!1"


                              If he is a good player, he wouldnt mind.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X