Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Win/Loss/Abandon Feedback

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I don't agree with getting a loss despite the fact that you got to leave a game after the safe period. It said it was safe to leave without repercussions and this should apply to losses as well, not just in terms of keeping your abandon rate down.
    I don't think its fair for players to be attributed with a loss to their stats despite the fact that the loss was out of their control. If two of my teammates leave, feeding the enemy team before they go, screwing up everything in process, why should we take the loss and not just them?

    I also think the reconnect time needs to be longer, because if a computer crashes or internet goes out, it usually takes more than 5 minutes to sort those issues out. My friend for instance has a typically good internet, but lately its been going to crap on him and won't reconnect for hours at a time, which means he gets abandons on his record, even though it wasn't his fault. Now that's a slightly different issue, but it also illustrates my point, these problems are time consuming to fix and often times 5 minutes just isn't enough to fix them.

    Comment


    • #32
      If you abandon a game, you will get a loss and an abandon, even if you come back, finish the game, and win.
      Sure

      I just had a powerloss and managed to fix it in 7 mins, reconnect and win the game
      Still I get a loss and an abandon

      That's utterly retarded


      Yes, I am aware that you can abuse that to just go back ingame while your team is just about to finish, to grab your +1, but we have the report function for a purpose

      Comment


      • #33
        low priority is kinda dumb.. cause many casual players play only on weekends,and leave means nothing since they will be entire week out of play. it should be like hon. U should play X games to Leave low priority pool

        Comment


        • #34
          No game should punish players for anything:

          Valve's thoughts: "Abandonment is so bad that it will discourage players from abandoning games".
          What really happens: "I'm being punished in this game? Screw this game I'll play something else".

          Find another way to discourage players from leaving, don't punish them. Better yet, If it aint broke, don't fix it. For years Dota 1 worked without a real leaver protection system, I along 7-8 million others continued to play it.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Aseenus View Post
            Better yet, If it aint broke, don't fix it. For years Dota 1 worked without a real leaver protection system, I along 7-8 million others continued to play it.
            In DotA it was attempted using a banlist since there wasn't proper matchmaking in place...
            Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
            Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Aseenus View Post
              No game should punish players for anything:

              Valve's thoughts: "Abandonment is so bad that it will discourage players from abandoning games".
              What really happens: "I'm being punished in this game? Screw this game I'll play something else".

              Find another way to discourage players from leaving, don't punish them. Better yet, If it aint broke, don't fix it. For years Dota 1 worked without a real leaver protection system, I along 7-8 million others continued to play it.
              Cool story.. i used to ban the leavers for six months back then.

              Comment


              • #37
                Dota1 worked without leaver protecthion... ?

                really?

                really?


                FIRST BLOOD -> UNKNOWN NOOB HAS LEFT THE GAME


                Thats how I remember public dota.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Whats the point of the counting? A simple number of played games and abandons would be enough for the statics. The win/lose rate wont reflect the players personal skill level, so its pretty pointless to count.

                  Oh and just wondering: will be the numbers reseted when the game is done?
                  Last edited by Dark_Spirit; 02-25-2012, 06:04 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Dark_Spirit View Post
                    Oh and just wondering: will be the numbers reseted when the game is done?
                    We don't know. Search for "stats reset" and you'll see it's been discussed in several threads already.
                    Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
                    Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by ValeN View Post
                      Cool story.. i used to ban the leavers for six months back then.
                      Cool story. Plenty of hosts back then used to use the kick function to ban players on the other team that were kicking their ass.

                      Put too much power in the hands of players and they'll abuse the hell out of it unless there's potential repercussions for outright lies.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by slowreflex View Post
                        In DotA it was attempted using a banlist since there wasn't proper matchmaking in place...
                        And people used to log under different aliases making the banlist pointless. I believe Dota 1 worked absolutely fine.

                        Originally posted by deityh View Post
                        Dota1 worked without leaver protecthion... ?

                        really?

                        really?


                        FIRST BLOOD -> UNKNOWN NOOB HAS LEFT THE GAME


                        Thats how I remember public dota.
                        That's because you joined "-APEM N00bs only!##!!!" games. I used to get someone leaving a public game every 10th game or so and it wouldn't be a big deal since we didn't need to wait 5 minutes for it to be 'safe to leave' we would leave instantly, remake and be playing a new game in a matter of 1-2 minutes max.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          How does one get into low priority pool? I ask this, because as of right now I've been placed into a low priority pool for 24 hour for getting disconnected and not being able to reconnect into the game because apparently the server has an error, "Connection to the server exceeded the number of retries". I also noticed that one can get into low priority pool from reports, how does this work? Does Valve, actually check the reports and the game said, and then decide if the player should be in the low priority pool or the system check if the player has a number of reports from recent game, then he should be in the low priority pool (which is very very abusable)

                          I'm also asking this, because I believe I've been placed into the low priority pool unfairly. I only have 3 abandoned (mind you, this is all mostly from me disconnecting and not being able to reconnect), with 270 games played. And no, this is not a whine thread about me getting into low priority pool, this is a feedback for Valve. I'm going to be also completely transparent here and post my account name, so you can check all my latest match and see that I've not left any game/etc (except for the last Tinker game that I'm owning, which I can't reconnect back into and then got me placed into the low priority pool).

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Fritsc View Post
                            How does one get into low priority pool? I ask this, because as of right now I've been placed into a low priority pool for 24 hour for getting disconnected and not being able to reconnect into the game because apparently the server has an error, "Connection to the server exceeded the number of retries". I also noticed that one can get into low priority pool from reports, how does this work? Does Valve, actually check the reports and the game said, and then decide if the player should be in the low priority pool or the system check if the player has a number of reports from recent game, then he should be in the low priority pool (which is very very abusable)

                            I'm also asking this, because I believe I've been placed into the low priority pool unfairly. I only have 3 abandoned (mind you, this is all mostly from me disconnecting and not being able to reconnect), with 270 games played. And no, this is not a whine thread about me getting into low priority pool, this is a feedback for Valve. I'm going to be also completely transparent here and post my account name, so you can check all my latest match and see that I've not left any game/etc (except for the last Tinker game that I'm owning, which I can't reconnect back into and then got me placed into the low priority pool).
                            The system works automatically, not by someone at Valve checking reports (afaik). During beta it is likely that technical issues will cause abandons, but there's not much that can be done about this really. The specific logic for this isn't known either, but it's something like 2 abandons within a specific time period and x number of reports within a specific time period (I believe).

                            Your specific technical issue is listed in the Common Technical Issues thread (see my sig), so you might be able to prevent that from happening in the future.
                            Please read Common Discussions, Common Suggestions, Common Technical Issues, Common Bugs, and do a website search prior to making any new thread.
                            Use the report () button to report flaming, illegal discussions, offensive content, excessive spam, trolling, advertising, or duplicate threads

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I couldn't find anything about that on the forum, but i am sure i am not the only one with this problem:
                              2 of my matches don't count into the statistic, also they do not count for the hero stats. It's not a big problem, but still annoying.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by deityh View Post
                                Dota1 worked without leaver protecthion... ?

                                really?

                                really?


                                FIRST BLOOD -> UNKNOWN NOOB HAS LEFT THE GAME


                                Thats how I remember public dota.
                                Then you never played EU BNet DotA

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X