Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Request to separate Brazil / Rest of south america server.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Kalopinx View Post
    Well...they all have their own server/language filter except from Spanish and Portuguese...so don't ask me, ask valve.
    The only languages available on the client right now are English, Russian and Chinese.

    As for their server, yeah, they have one. A very faulty one at that.

    Originally posted by Kalopinx View Post
    The objective of the game is to beat the other team by coordination and ability, how can we do the first one without the ability to communicate between each other?
    You can't. That's why you get friends/online acquaintances to play with to ensure communication and better coordination.

    I enjoy good quality in my solo pub matches as much as the next guy, but I understand I can't get perfect matches all the time.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Irrelevante View Post
      The only languages available on the client right now are English, Russian and Chinese.

      As for their server, yeah, they have one. A very faulty one at that.
      Faulty or not they have it.

      Originally posted by Irrelevante View Post
      You can't. That's why you get friends/online acquaintances to play with to ensure communication and better coordination.

      I enjoy good quality in my solo pub matches as much as the next guy, but I understand I can't get perfect matches all the time.
      The quality of the matches could improve if we can all understand each other, im just saying that by simply adding a language filter, life could be much easier on each sides.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Kalopinx View Post
        Faulty or not they have it.
        Yep, they do. They also have an understandable reason not to want to use it.

        Originally posted by Kalopinx View Post
        The quality of the matches could improve if we can all understand each other, im just saying that by simply adding a language filter, life could be much easier on each sides.
        Tried using the chatwheel with them?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Slotz View Post
          Yet, I can't think of any downside in adding Spanish to the language box though.
          QFT

          A simple, while not perfect, solution.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Irrelevante View Post
            Yep, they do. They also have an understandable reason not to want to use it.
            That is out of topic.


            Originally posted by Irrelevante View Post
            Tried using the chatwheel with them?
            Yup, didnt quite work out since they act as if they didnt see it.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by AuGZA View Post
              QFT

              A simple, while not perfect, solution.
              True, but it could solve this isssue.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Kalopinx View Post
                That is out of topic.
                If you still want to argue that they've got no reason to be in the US servers after all the information I've provided you with, then I fear I just lost my time.

                Fact of the matter is, no one likes to play with high ping and given the shortcomings of the current client, matches like the oens you described happen.

                Originally posted by Kalopinx View Post
                Yup, didnt quite work out since they act as if they didnt see it.
                Welp, pubs will be pubs I say. You win some. You lose some.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Considering how Valve is approaching the whole issue in Europe of Russians on the non Russian server, I doubt this will be treated any differently.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by noobhunter View Post
                    Considering how Valve is approaching the whole issue in Europe of Russians on the non Russian server, I doubt this will be treated any differently.
                    Since the Russian server was introduced, there are barely any russians on european servers anymore. It's been a month or so since I've come across a russian that couldn't speak proper english on EU servers, so for me at least it worked.

                    Of course, if you confront a mate who just seems to be extremely bad for your bracket (like showing no clue about a proper team setup whatsoever or stealing lanes) he will start flaming you in russian roughly in 50% of the cases - but that's a different story.
                    My Workshop!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      i just lold at this thread. Feels like Nazi hitler. "They dont belong here" "They have no right to be on this server."

                      Let them feeders, stubborn jack asses who dont want to communicate -> Report under respective category.

                      You don't have the freaking right to say these things. The server doesn't belong to your freaking DAD. It belongs to valve.
                      It's a freaking Free to Play multiplayer game. Not your freaking backyard to claim rights. Think what your saying kid.

                      PS - For those people who voted yes on this thread , May the good Lord help u.
                      RACISM SUCKS!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Racerkid View Post
                        i just lold at this thread. Feels like Nazi hitler. "They dont belong here" "They have no right to be on this server."

                        Let them feeders, stubborn jack asses who dont want to communicate -> Report under respective category.

                        You don't have the freaking right to say these things. The server doesn't belong to your freaking DAD. It belongs to valve.
                        It's a freaking Free to Play multiplayer game. Not your freaking backyard to claim rights. Think what your saying kid.

                        PS - For those people who voted yes on this thread , May the good Lord help u.
                        RACISM SUCKS!
                        Okay man, you need to calm down. You just compared me and everybody who voted "yes" to a Nazi Hitler.
                        And if you read the thread at all, you would realize that im not saying "they don't belong here, or they have no right to be in this server." all im saying is that if we had separate server or a language filter, it would make communicating so much easier on both sides.
                        DonĀ“t go making accusations of racism so freely, and much less over the internet.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Bleako View Post
                          I like the irony here.
                          Bleako you are a cancer to this community, every thread you are in you go and post shit. Always white knighting vulva, claiming to defend "whats right" people like you are the reason dota 2 is dying slowly.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Lets just keep the agression down, and try to solve this issue plz.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              The South America Servers are located in Brazil, do you expect NOT to find brazilians here??? Are you crazy??? I'd say 90% of the player base here is from Brazil, if anything you are the ones that should speak portuguese, not the other way around.

                              If you can speak english go play on US East. Do you actually want Valve to prevent brazilians from playing on a BR server???

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I think Valve needs a Spanish-language option to go with "English / Russian / Portuguese." I haven't played with a non-English speaking Russian for a VERY long time, and come to think of it, I can't remember the last time I've played with a non-English speaking Brazilian either. But for whatever reason, it seems like the Russians in U.S. East were replaced by non-English speaking, Spanish-speaking South Americans.

                                I've had good games with English-speaking South Americans, but having to play with people who get offended when I ask "entiende ingles?" and can't speak English anyway is BS.
                                We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.



                                merci fenix

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X