Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Request to separate Brazil / Rest of south america server.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by wachon1992 View Post
    no because there are a lot of ppl who dont know english and will just ruin/make angry usa players. you can even see the south america channel spammed with portuguese all day. most of the spanish speakers just go to custom channels for their own country and others goe to the channel ! Argentina wich has ppl from all places except br.
    I wasnt aware of that situation, but it´s also quite alarming...

    Comment


    • #47
      I don't really care, since I don't play on that server due to ping, just the queue times will become longer for you.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by DeLJaDe View Post
        I don't really care, since I don't play on that server due to ping, just the queue times will become longer for you.
        Yeah, queue times will be longer, but the quality of the games would improve a lot.
        I have a question...why come to the post to say that you dont care? haha

        Comment


        • #49
          I just entered a Pub in SA, and some brasilian team told me to "get the f++k out of our server".
          Interesting, because i tried to explain that i was south american...that only make things worse, they started laughing at me and at my country and telling me that i was a (my nationality here) noob.
          This is even worse than i thought...

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Kalopinx View Post
            Yeah, queue times will be longer, but the quality of the games would improve a lot.
            I have a question...why come to the post to say that you dont care? haha
            Just to give my two cents and get more posts ofc

            Comment


            • #51
              Seperating them makes 0 difference, just look at europe... eu west/east is swarming russians who have their owns server as well. Unless valve pulls a real region lock it's not going to get better and they ain't going to do that.

              Comment


              • #52
                They should be able to get a language filter. They are given an option which language to tick.


                But sadly the language filter won't do much seeing how russian are playing with me despite having not ticked russian off.
                James "2GD" Harding's career as a Dota 2 host on Valve events
                * 25.02.16 - † 26.02.16
                Spoiler: 


                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by GermanViet View Post
                  They should be able to get a language filter. They are given an option which language to tick.


                  But sadly the language filter won't do much seeing how russian are playing with me despite having not ticked russian off.
                  Due to the nature of the issue, i would say that it would do a lot!

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    How about seprating Brazil and Russia from the rest of the world and have them play with each other? >:-)

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      +1

                      PLEASE, this is not only a matter of language (while most of them won't use english or spanish, I don't really give a shit, they can use chat roulette)

                      The matter of pings is relevant aswell, I do get ~70+ ms playing on Brasilian servers than the ping I get on US East sice my ISP lines do not go to brasil but rebound from USA, also, Brasil is the ONLY country who uses portughese in South America, it's not really that fair you have a common server to people with different languages, you have many servers for europe, we want one for Hispanic Americans, it's totally needed

                      I propose it to be on Chile, Argentina or Perú, since those are the 3 countries with a bigger active player database here, and I put Chile first because the ISP conditions seem to be better

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by knurlhelm View Post
                        +1

                        PLEASE, this is not only a matter of language (while most of them won't use english or spanish, I don't really give a shit, they can use chat roulette)

                        The matter of pings is relevant aswell, I do get ~70+ ms playing on Brasilian servers than the ping I get on US East sice my ISP lines do not go to brasil but rebound from USA, also, Brasil is the ONLY country who uses portughese in South America, it's not really that fair you have a common server to people with different languages, you have many servers for europe, we want one for Hispanic Americans, it's totally needed

                        I propose it to be on Chile, Argentina or Perú, since those are the 3 countries with a bigger active player database here, and I put Chile first because the ISP conditions seem to be better
                        I totally agree with this guy.
                        Ty for the support!

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by knurlhelm View Post
                          +1

                          PLEASE, this is not only a matter of language (while most of them won't use english or spanish, I don't really give a shit, they can use chat roulette)

                          The matter of pings is relevant aswell, I do get ~70+ ms playing on Brasilian servers than the ping I get on US East sice my ISP lines do not go to brasil but rebound from USA, also, Brasil is the ONLY country who uses portughese in South America, it's not really that fair you have a common server to people with different languages, you have many servers for europe, we want one for Hispanic Americans, it's totally needed

                          I propose it to be on Chile, Argentina or Perú, since those are the 3 countries with a bigger active player database here, and I put Chile first because the ISP conditions seem to be better
                          Honestly, I really do think putting some walls up when your ping will be crap would be a good idea. I don't think anyone but masochists like to play with upwards 300ms ping. At least for solo players, this should be doable.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            your thread doesn't sound much better than our usual HEUHEUHEUEHUHEUHEUEHUEHUEHEUHUEHEUHEUHEUHE GIB MONY

                            however, since only Brazil speaks portuguese, being separated from the "rest" of South America would be good.
                            still, the only server inside South America is the Brazil one, so...

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Irrelevante View Post
                              Honestly, I really do think putting some walls up when your ping will be crap would be a good idea. I don't think anyone but masochists like to play with upwards 300ms ping. At least for solo players, this should be doable.
                              US East: 180ms, Brazil: 250, it's still playable, but a real pain in the ass (I've owned with pudge, but it's not where I want to play, especially since I don't know shit about portuguese and it's all they use there)

                              and I haven't had more than 300 anywhere but Asia, not even in Australia or Europe

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by kolt View Post
                                your thread doesn't sound much better than our usual HEUHEUHEUEHUHEUHEUEHUEHUEHEUHUEHEUHEUHEUHE GIB MONY

                                however, since only Brazil speaks portuguese, being separated from the "rest" of South America would be good.
                                still, the only server inside South America is the Brazil one, so...
                                That doesnt mean anything. Its the main excuse BR players use to say that its THEIR server.
                                The server could be in antartida...or USA, and still be the South America server, just because all SA players play on it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X