Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Russian voice Game Dota 2

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Russian voice Game Dota 2

    Dear company VALVE,
    I am writing to let you know about the Russian sounding Dota 2. It was created long and hard, with the complicity of Russian community. Companies engaged in this project, called Strategic Music. I ask you to assist them, to promote the game Dota 2 in Russia and former CIS countries.
    Thank you for your attention, participant of Russian community, Kuznetsov German.

  • #2
    Heard about the company. Heard their voice-over. Good quality wasted on HORRIBLE idea of the manager. T-down.
    Remember, remember the 1st of November

    Comment


    • #3
      This voice-over is very bad and dangerous for ears, so don't approve it if you want to keep CIS people's health safe.

      Comment


      • #4
        Strategic Music and their awful Dota 2 translation on russian lang

        Hello, dear Dota2 team.
        I don't know, have you information of this company (Strategic Music) or not, but I want to ask you about the one thing:
        don't let appearance of this shit in Dota2. This is the voice just awful. The authors of the project just want to make money, scarcely listening players opinions.
        They also resorted to all sorts of ways to promote this product - cheat likes on video, posting photo of naked wife of studio director in their group.
        Ask your russian-speaking employees about this - I'm sure they will prove that this incredibly awful voice.
        So low-quality thing shouldn't be in Dota2.

        There are some examples of evaluating their work:

        vsd.JPGbetr.JPGger.JPGgf.JPGn.JPGs.JPGtqe.JPGwtb.JPG

        p.s sorry for bad Eng.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by R1KZ View Post
          Hello, dear Dota2 team.
          I don't know, have you information of this company (Strategic Music) or not, but I want to ask you about the one thing:
          don't let appearance of this shit in Dota2. This is the voice just awful. The authors of the project just want to make money, scarcely listening players opinions.
          They also resorted to all sorts of ways to promote this product - cheat likes on video, posting photo of naked wife of studio director in their group.
          Ask your russian-speaking employees about this - I'm sure they will prove that this incredibly awful voice.
          So low-quality thing shouldn't be in Dota2.

          There are some examples of evaluating their work:

          [ATTACH=CONFIG]25577[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25579[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25580[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25581[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25582[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25583[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25584[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25585[/ATTACH]

          p.s sorry for bad Eng.
          Bright representative of Russian community, whose prime goals are:
          1. Critisize everything he sees.
          2. Shit on everybody.
          3. Despise the world.
          4. Steal mama's money to buy Compendium.

          Getting back to the point, the voice-over is really good and quality. Professional actors were involved, recording was conducted in the pro studio. Translations are adequate and appropriate. Can't see any problems here, except a bunch of rabid under-aged trolls.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Arrowed View Post
            Bright representative of Russian community, whose prime goals are:
            1. Critisize everything he sees.
            2. Shit on everybody.
            3. Despise the world.
            4. Steal mama's money to buy Compendium.

            Getting back to the point, the voice-over is really good and quality. Professional actors were involved, recording was conducted in the pro studio. Translations are adequate and appropriate. Can't see any problems here, except a bunch of rabid under-aged trolls.
            it's not a pro studio. it's amateur studio, who makes voice-overs for browser games. the just trying to make money, the director of this studio told, that he played 6 month in dota, and then he decided to make russian voices for dota2. but he start make it when he began playing. lies and deception round there.
            if you isn't rus-speaking u rly don't understand how so bad with this studio and their translation/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by R1KZ View Post
              it's not a pro studio. it's amateur studio, who makes voice-overs for browser games. the just trying to make money, the director of this studio told, that he played 6 month in dota, and then he decided to make russian voices for dota2. but he start make it when he began playing. lies and deception round there.
              if you isn't rus-speaking u rly don't understand how so bad with this studio and their translation/
              When you talking about voices or translations, please, give proper argumentation, but not just "look there and beware, that's a one big piece of crap - Why? - Because it is."
              Are you a professional translator? Or mb sound engineer? I guess, not. So be reasonable and make proper conclusions.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Arrowed View Post
                When you talking about voices or translations, please, give proper argumentation, but not just "look there and beware, that's a one big piece of crap - Why? - Because it is."
                Are you a professional translator? Or mb sound engineer? I guess, not. So be reasonable and make proper conclusions.
                It's not necessary to be cook to say that dish is f***ing piece of shit.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Kyojin View Post
                  It's not necessary to be cook to say that dish is f***ing piece of shit.
                  Matter of taste, not of an adequate evaluation.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Arrowed View Post
                    When you talking about voices or translations, please, give proper argumentation, but not just "look there and beware, that's a one big piece of crap - Why? - Because it is."
                    Are you a professional translator? Or mb sound engineer? I guess, not. So be reasonable and make proper conclusions.
                    1.incorrectly chosen voices
                    2.disregard of ingame universe
                    3.idiotic intonations, that they created themselves
                    and they are just say to all "get used"

                    this voice will only discourage new players, i don't think, that the Valve need so low-quality transl.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Arrowed View Post
                      Getting back to the point, the voice-over is really good and quality. Professional actors were involved, recording was conducted in the pro studio. Translations are adequate and appropriate. Can't see any problems here, except a bunch of rabid under-aged trolls.
                      Now THAT was funny. The announcer and mega-kill responses are a joke. Not to mention their plans to give voice to Phoenix and Wisp.

                      The only thing SM got right so far is hiring the professional actors and using the appropriate recording technology. Now, if Valve supervises their work to prevent too much deviation from the English version (Nature's Prophet sounding and acting like a Russian "Leshiy"), then it may turn out nice. However, I wonder whether Valve will bother so much with supervision - the Chinese and Korean voice-overs seemed to be on their own, but the guys there were strictly sticking to the original material, so that wasn't a problem.
                      Remember, remember the 1st of November

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by R1KZ View Post
                        i don't think, that the Valve need so low-quality transl.
                        Do you know how Dota (and everything else from Valve) is translated in general? It's crowd-sourced.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Keowee View Post
                          Not to mention their plans to give voice to Phoenix and Wisp.
                          Is that really so?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Arrowed View Post
                            Is that really so?
                            Yes. Said by the manager in one of his vlogs.
                            Remember, remember the 1st of November

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Keowee View Post
                              Heard about the company. Heard their voice-over. Good quality wasted on HORRIBLE idea of the manager. T-down.
                              Strategic Music (SM) russian voice localization is very bad:
                              1) voice accents isnt same as in original
                              2) text translation bullshit, lot of responses totally nonidentical, ALL rare responses 100% replaced by SM owned responses
                              3) actor don't hear original voices and accents
                              4) SEO of Strategic Music posts on lot of RU forums (dota2.ru, prodota.ru) show him very low level in all...

                              Originally posted by Arrowed View Post
                              When you talking about voices or translations, please, give proper argumentation, but not just "look there and beware, that's a one big piece of crap - Why? - Because it is."
                              Are you a professional translator? Or mb sound engineer? I guess, not. So be reasonable and make proper conclusions.
                              Its simple - just compare official STS response translation and translation of SM - its totally difference, because SM doesnt use Lore, Key Words and etc. when translate it.
                              Its really crap. Im know small piece of Korean and hear Dota2 Nexon Voice Localization - its BIGGER difference. Nexon was been do lot of work for make REALLY cool voices like in original and also 100% equ text translation. SM havent it now.

                              Originally posted by Arrowed View Post
                              Do you know how Dota (and everything else from Valve) is translated in general? It's crowd-sourced.
                              Yep, but only after pre-moderation. And if you try to translate Yes to "Нет" (No) - this shit willnt been approved.
                              If you dont trust me - ask @Alarik about STS. (ofc, I are you know who is it )

                              Originally posted by Keowee View Post
                              Now THAT was funny. The announcer and mega-kill responses are a joke. Not to mention their plans to give voice to Phoenix and Wisp.

                              The only thing SM got right so far is hiring the professional actors and using the appropriate recording technology. Now, if Valve supervises their work to prevent too much deviation from the English version (Nature's Prophet sounding and acting like a Russian "Leshiy"), then it may turn out nice. However, I wonder whether Valve will bother so much with supervision - the Chinese and Korean voice-overs seemed to be on their own, but the guys there were strictly sticking to the original material, so that wasn't a problem.
                              I hear Nexon voice localization in game and on their YT channel - feel really high quality of the work, SM isnt and sound like a crap.
                              Last edited by dota2russia.pro; 07-21-2014, 11:53 AM.
                              dota2russia.pro - Community site for high skills Russian Dota2 players (Open is coming soon!)

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X