Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Ingame commentary - voice receive volume

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ingame commentary - voice receive volume

    Hey,

    I just watched another live Defense match and since Tobi wasn't loud enough, I tried to change the audio settings.
    Doing that, I noticed that the in-game commentary doesn't get adjusted by the "voice receive volume" but by the normal game volume in the options.
    Could you please allow us to adjust the commentary volume independently from the game volume?
    Thanks a lot!

    Edit: It's taken care of. Thank you Valve, you're the best. The setting is now working
    Thread can be closed!
    Last edited by Methany878; 08-11-2012, 07:01 AM.

  • #2
    +1

    Comment


    • #3
      +1

      Comment


      • #4
        This has already been asked for, numerous time. But has never been implemented. Just one manual slider ...

        It's also the most simple and logical solution instead of that "auto" bullshit garbage that is actually implemented and that makes all ingame sounds plays repeated double, everytime a caster is talking, as well as making the sound volume plays yo-yo.

        But with luck, we might get that manual slider added before the international ...

        Comment


        • #5
          This is definitely needed for the international. It should ideally be available right inside the game while watching. I've been watching a lot of Beyond the Summit and Defense games and when big fights break out the broadcaster voices get lost in the sound effects, which kinda kills the whole purpose.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Blah278 View Post
            This has already been asked for, numerous time. But has never been implemented. Just one manual slider ...

            It's also the most simple and logical solution instead of that "auto" bullshit garbage that is actually implemented and that makes all ingame sounds plays repeated double, everytime a caster is talking, as well as making the sound volume plays yo-yo.

            But with luck, we might get that manual slider added before the international ...
            If it's true that it's been asked before, I'd be fully ok with an admin closing this thread / merging it with the other one. Sorry, I couldn't find any other thread about it.

            Originally posted by KingOfSnacktime View Post
            This is definitely needed for the international. It should ideally be available right inside the game while watching. I've been watching a lot of Beyond the Summit and Defense games and when big fights break out the broadcaster voices get lost in the sound effects, which kinda kills the whole purpose.
            Absolutely right, that's the reason why I created the thread.
            The funny thing is that TECHNICALLY, there IS a separate voice transmission volume, it's just not being APPLIED to broadcasters

            PS: I'm glad I wasn't just too blind to find that the option already exists :P
            Last edited by Methany878; 08-10-2012, 02:06 PM. Reason: added PS

            Comment


            • #7
              Wow, that's what I call fucking fast rapid service !

              They already implemented it guys. Have you checked the very last hotfix log from tonight ?

              Thank you Valve and Icefrog, you guys are the best !

              Comment


              • #8
                I see they made the changes, but how can I control the volume of ingame sounds? That music volume slider isn't doing anything on my end when im watching dotatv ...
                Last edited by FreakyDroid; 08-10-2012, 06:24 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  you control the game voice with the master slider (which controls everything, anyway) and you fine tune by lowering the voice slider at the same time so you get the right level of game sound and voice sound that you like.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well ,thats the thing, I dont want to lower the voice volume because its low as it is even on maximum setting, I'd like to control the volume for ingame sounds. Basically I want to lower ingame sounds while keeping the voice volume as it is. Thanks for the help though, appreciated.
                    Last edited by FreakyDroid; 08-11-2012, 04:55 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FreakyDroid View Post
                      Well ,thats the thing, I dont want to lower the voice volume because its low as it is even on maximum setting, I'd like to control the volume for ingame sounds. Basically I want to lower ingame sounds while keeping the voice volume as it is. Thanks for the help though, appreciated.
                      I thought that was what the "voice volume" setting changes. If that's not true and I was just lucky with the broadcast I chose to test it, please tell me so i can take the "edit" out of the OP.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        like i said in the other thread, the new setting is working fine. at least for me. i can hear the caster voice or even my friends voice perfectly loud now. in fact, if i maximized the voice volume, i can barely hear in game sounds

                        but anyway, obviously some ppl still having issue with this. probably something is off somewhere
                        "Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad."

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Good for you man, but its not working for me. I think the best solution is to have a separate volume slider for ingame sounds and/or unit speech.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X