Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Dota 2 Match History WebAPI

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    What about the match wins, match losses, etc? Data from dota 2 profile in general. Do we have it?

    Comment


    • #62
      You could easily calculate that using the account_id file and working through the history of the games.

      Comment


      • #63
        What if i dont want to loop all data everytime? Or do the comparison about what is kept in database and what is the actual number of matches.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by hor View Post
          What if i dont want to loop all data everytime? Or do the comparison about what is kept in database and what is the actual number of matches.
          Then you should store the data in your own database?

          Comment


          • #65
            Here One question.
            Here are only api queries for Matches.
            Where stats.dota2.be get information?

            We want to make beautiful Russian remake of it...

            Thx
            Dota 2 Content

            Comment


            • #66
              No, i mean, even if i store the data, i have always to check if that number changes, right? I always need to do the entire loop, to count the matches, then compare, then update the number (or not). Got it?

              I just don't want to do this, if i can =)

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Cyborgmatt View Post
                Quick tip for you guys, instead of messing with npc_heroes.txt file just use:
                Code:
                http://api.steampowered.com/IEconDOTA2_570/GetHeroes/v0001/?language=english&key=x
                Is there one for in game items? (not cosmetics)

                I tried changing /GetHeroes/ to /GetItems/ but it failed.

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by hor View Post
                  No, i mean, even if i store the data, i have always to check if that number changes, right? I always need to do the entire loop, to count the matches, then compare, then update the number (or not). Got it?

                  I just don't want to do this, if i can =)
                  If you're convinced you need to loop over every match everytime, then who am I to stop you?

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Yo Zoid, more a request than a question - but having access to pick and ban (and order thereof) information per CM game would be great - (That info isn't in the replays (demoinfo2) from what I can tell). It's quite an important chunk of info relevant to the pro scene so it would be great if you considered it and gave an indication of whether you think it could be a feature of the API in the future? Word, thanks. (btw, awesome work).

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by FinaRGoT View Post
                      Here One question.
                      Here are only api queries for Matches.
                      Where stats.dota2.be get information?

                      We want to make beautiful Russian remake of it...

                      Thx
                      I dont know for sure, but I would think they have been parsing the replay's (dem files) since this was released: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/..._2_Demo_Format

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by FinaRGoT View Post
                        Here One question.
                        Here are only api queries for Matches.
                        Where stats.dota2.be get information?

                        We want to make beautiful Russian remake of it...

                        Thx
                        The information exposed via the Web API does not provide you the data in exactly the format you're wanting it.
                        That said, you can however, very easily derive all the information you're wanting from the API as it currently is.

                        See this quote from Zoid for a hint:
                        Originally posted by Zoid View Post
                        You could easily calculate that using the account_id file and working through the history of the games.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by bboyza View Post
                          I dont know for sure, but I would think they have been parsing the replay's (dem files) since this was released: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/..._2_Demo_Format
                          I'm pretty sure he is writing them by hand, just look at his APM, this guy is FLASH! Damned Tharuler!
                          Joke apart, if he was really parsing replays, why would he limit his display to the same thing as the game?

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by papa_pointnet View Post
                            I'm pretty sure he is writing them by hand, just look at his APM, this guy is FLASH! Damned Tharuler!
                            Joke apart, if he was really parsing replays, why would he limit his display to the same thing as the game?
                            In fact, I call up Zoid every morning and he gives me all the hero stats and top 50 list, and I punch them into my little table.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by Tharuler View Post
                              In fact, I call up Zoid every morning and he gives me all the hero stats and top 50 list, and I punch them into my little table.
                              Damned Zoid! I knew he was part of the trick!
                              Last edited by papa_pointnet; 07-19-2012, 12:05 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by hor View Post
                                No, i mean, even if i store the data, i have always to check if that number changes, right? I always need to do the entire loop, to count the matches, then compare, then update the number (or not). Got it?

                                I just don't want to do this, if i can =)
                                For my database, I am storing the cached values of a player's wins and losses. I anticipate that as the number of records in my database grows, this process could take an increasingly longer time. To overcome this issue, I don't intend to keep the win/loss records constantly up-to-date. I plan to set up a scheduled task that will recalculate a player's record on some regular basis.

                                This is about as simplistic as I can make it, but with only a tiny bit of imagination you will come to find that there are countless workflow optimizations that can be made to this idea that should allow you to keep these values updated in almost real-time without having to iterate over your entire dataset each time.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X