Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by VenomBHz View Post
    perfect matchmaking for dota is impossible as stated by the devs... move on.
    He wasn't asking for perfect MM. He was asking for a better MM algorithm that doesn't force a 50/50 winrate by grouping you with horrible players following a win streak.
    We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.



    merci fenix

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Amazing View Post
      +1

      It's time to admit your mistake Valve and start working on a matchmaking system that actually works.
      Thank you for your response. Valve's whole idea of matchmaking is a contradiction. It says that it will matchmake you with and against people around your skill level, however they also said the matchmaking makes sure you have a 50% win and 50% loss, meaning if you win a lot it will force you to lose a lot rather than your wins and losses being based off your skill itself. Your wins and losses should be completely dependent on your skill as a player and when you lose a lot it will lower you down to people your skill level.
      ========================= / / / / / =========================

      ==== / / / / / ==============================================

      ===================================/ / / / /================

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Djdkdjdkdjdk View Post
        Haha, I did put muted in my name. When I first got muted I immediately put it. However I played maybe a total of 20-30 games while muted and in about half of them no one even talked to me. About 7-8 of them people kept telling me to ping when you can't ping while muted. And the last 7-8 was just a bunch of rage and I just muted all of them -.-. I'd love to add you, I'll private message you later. For now I'm playing on my alternate account since its not muted. I'll add you once I'm unmuted. Thank you for your response
        You can ping while muted. It's just your pings are limited to about 3 a minute. So you can't ping incessantly.
        Originally posted by fletcher
        Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose.
        Is every post on this forum about the Dunning-Kruger effect?

        Comment


        • #19
          dotabuff link plz
          FIX TEAM MATCHMAKING

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by erik-the-red View Post
            He wasn't asking for perfect MM. He was asking for a better MM algorithm that doesn't force a 50/50 winrate by grouping you with horrible players following a win streak.
            1+

            There's no perfect ANYTHING, but the system can be way better than it currently is, and it is pretty bad as it stands right now
            Make a NON automated report system.
            I would rather wait 10 minutes for a balanced, fun and exciting match that will last 1+ hours. Than wait 10 seconds for a poorly balanced crapmatch that will end in 30- minutes
            Valve, How I'm I supposed to respect certain boundaries to prevent a mute if I dont know them because they are different for each and every person on each and every game I play?
            The only type of player that dislikes having his stats public are the players that suck and cheaters

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by erik-the-red View Post
              He wasn't asking for perfect MM. He was asking for a better MM algorithm that doesn't force a 50/50 winrate by grouping you with horrible players following a win streak.
              This is true, however I wasn't even having a winstreak when it randomly started putting me with horrible players. I was in the very high mmr and being obedient to the 50/50 winrate however I just suddenly was paired up with bad players and it started getting worse and worse and its just bad all the time. It was so bad, I tried to work with the other players however they were rude and obnoxious. Due to the fact I used up all my reports I usually ask the other team to report them. For example "Please report (name) for intentionally feeding and/or communication abuse" then be done with it. For all I know I was muted because stacks think it would be funny to report the person being ailed by bad players. I have another thread on the whole false reports.
              ========================= / / / / / =========================

              ==== / / / / / ==============================================

              ===================================/ / / / /================

              Comment


              • #22
                dotabuff link please
                FIX TEAM MATCHMAKING

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by erik-the-red View Post
                  He wasn't asking for perfect MM. He was asking for a better MM algorithm that doesn't force a 50/50 winrate by grouping you with horrible players following a win streak.
                  I'm pretty sure that the Dev said in the same post that they don't enforce 50% rate, but he is very happy when he sees ppl with that ratio. It means the system is fair and good.

                  Can't find the damn post, if someone saw it please help me and bring it here!!! It was on one of the thousands of threads complaining about matchmaking.
                  He explained why you get pros on one match and retards on the other.

                  In my opinion its even more simple: It's impossible to measure peoples skill. You may be in a bad day, distracted, drunk, testing a hero or a strategy... If you mess this game, someone on your team will say: why this retarded is on my team? The system can't control eveyone's lives and how they will play a match.
                  Last edited by VenomBHz; 06-13-2013, 06:23 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Djdkdjdkdjdk View Post
                    This is true, however I wasn't even having a winstreak when it randomly started putting me with horrible players. I was in the very high mmr and being obedient to the 50/50 winrate however I just suddenly was paired up with bad players and it started getting worse and worse and its just bad all the time.
                    There's no such thing as 'very high MMR'. When you watch the videos and filter by game type, what it gives you is the average ELO of the 10 players in that game. If that crossed a certain threshold, the game is scored at very high.

                    You getting paired up with bad players is likely due to the game adjusting your ELO down, and you perceive the players that are of that new lower ELO to be 'horrible players'.

                    Now, I don't know exactly what the factors that are taken into account when deltas to your ELO are calculated, but I would imagine that win/loss and KDA could be factors in the equation. In terms of trying to game your rating back up to the 'very high' bracket, I've seen it suggested that you take a solo mid hero like QOP and rack up a ridiculous KDA score for a few games.

                    Originally posted by Djdkdjdkdjdk View Post
                    It was so bad, I tried to work with the other players however they were rude and obnoxious.
                    Ok. Please keep in mind that they might have perceived YOU as being rude and obnoxious too...

                    Originally posted by Djdkdjdkdjdk View Post
                    Due to the fact I used up all my reports I usually ask the other team to report them.
                    Don't EVER do that. You're just inviting a revenge report from the person you are complaining about.

                    Plus, being bad at Dota isn't a reportable thing. It just isn't. And it sounds to me like that's what you are trying to do. It that right?


                    Originally posted by Djdkdjdkdjdk View Post
                    For example "Please report (name) for intentionally feeding and/or communication abuse" then be done with it.
                    But were they intentionally feeding, or were they just dying lots because they are bad?

                    Because if they're just bad, you need to take a chill pill.
                    Originally posted by Djdkdjdkdjdk View Post
                    For all I know I was muted because stacks think it would be funny to report the person being ailed by bad players. I have another thread on the whole false reports.
                    No, the whole 'stacks reporting' thing is false. Valve has said that every report beyond the first in a game has no effect.
                    Originally posted by fletcher
                    Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose.
                    Is every post on this forum about the Dunning-Kruger effect?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
                      There's no such thing as 'very high MMR'. When you watch the videos and filter by game type, what it gives you is the average ELO of the 10 players in that game. If that crossed a certain threshold, the game is scored at very high.

                      You getting paired up with bad players is likely due to the game adjusting your ELO down, and you perceive the players that are of that new lower ELO to be 'horrible players'.

                      Now, I don't know exactly what the factors that are taken into account when deltas to your ELO are calculated, but I would imagine that win/loss and KDA could be factors in the equation. In terms of trying to game your rating back up to the 'very high' bracket, I've seen it suggested that you take a solo mid hero like QOP and rack up a ridiculous KDA score for a few games.


                      Ok. Please keep in mind that they might have perceived YOU as being rude and obnoxious too...


                      Don't EVER do that. You're just inviting a revenge report from the person you are complaining about.

                      Plus, being bad at Dota isn't a reportable thing. It just isn't. And it sounds to me like that's what you are trying to do. It that right?



                      But were they intentionally feeding, or were they just dying lots because they are bad?

                      Because if they're just bad, you need to take a chill pill.

                      No, the whole 'stacks reporting' thing is false. Valve has said that every report beyond the first in a game has no effect.
                      I'm not sure if you're trolling or are just that ignorant. I would love to explain how wrong your post is, but I'd rather reply to people who actually READ the entire thing and have common sense.
                      ========================= / / / / / =========================

                      ==== / / / / / ==============================================

                      ===================================/ / / / /================

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Djdkdjdkdjdk View Post
                        I'm not sure if you're trolling or are just that ignorant. I would love to explain how wrong your post is, but I'd rather reply to people who actually READ the entire thing and have common sense.
                        I read the OP, and it seemed to be reasonably well written, although the 'wall-o-text' style didn't help that. Of course, you say you don't like rude and disrespectful people in the OP, but how would you characterise what you've written here?

                        SMH
                        Last edited by magicmerl; 06-13-2013, 07:11 PM.
                        Originally posted by fletcher
                        Just to clarify, there was never any "win rate" calculation. Ever. It is true that a goal of matchmaking is to make even teams. The matchmaker also will raise your Elo and try to put you in players of equivalent skill, which indirectly tries to get the win rate to 50%. However, it has never looked at your historical win rate and put you in a game where it knew that you were expected to lose.
                        Is every post on this forum about the Dunning-Kruger effect?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by VenomBHz View Post
                          I'm pretty sure that the Dev said in the same post that they don't enforce 50% rate, but he is very happy when he sees ppl with that ratio. It means the system is fair and good.

                          Can't find the damn post, if someone saw it please help me and bring it here!!! It was on one of the thousands of threads complaining about matchmaking.
                          He explained why you get pros on one match and retards on the other.

                          In my opinion its even more simple: It's impossible to measure peoples skill. You may be in a bad day, distracted, drunk, testing a hero or a strategy... If you mess this game, someone on your team will say: why this retarded is on my team? The system can't control eveyone's lives and how they will play a match.
                          100% agree. you wouldnt believe how many ppl dont care about making a smurf and play on drugs ^^


                          btw
                          you might rather find the post if you go to zoids or chris or blash or whoever it was profile and look for his posts sorted by date, at least thats how i select most threads i comment in

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I did a quick serch here http://www.dotaworkshop.com/devTracker/ but no success, I'll take another look soon.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              This is Eric Tams claiming back in March 2012 that the MM algorithm doesn't force a 50/50 winrate. I don't believe that, but it remains that he said otherwise.
                              We need a player review system like Overwatch for DotA 2. Get real people to judge communication abuse, intentional skill abuse, and intentional feeding.



                              merci fenix

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Thread author, I am with you 100%

                                These comm bans need to be seriously rethought. As to the influx of feeders, I have noticed it too - well as they posted 60% less people are quitting. That 60%, I would speculate is made largely up of these feeders.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X