Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

POLL: Show health bar of heros on top bar and indicate low hp warning

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Even though i voted yes i believe that someone has to have awareness of the map-teamates-enemies and not have everything in one screen.
    Like some people want to show the mana of the enemy above them and stuff like that. I would prefer something like when clicking to someone a little window will apear in the top left corner with its stats and stuff (yes like LoL) instead of changing your main stats. Anyway its a nice suggestion.
    -Ain't no rest for the Wicked-

    Comment


    • #17
      Yes please.
      "Tell me where to walk and not to walk, Techies." - Abaddon

      Comment


      • #18
        It has nothing to so with map awareness, dota is team game and you are suppose to know this thing. while with the team this is not necessary since communication is on a high level in pubs that is rarely the case. While in a team fight Chen doesn't need to be aware of anything, your teammate will tel you to ulty and you will. Same goes for mana, cooldowns...
        Work in progress, feedback appreciated

        Comment


        • #19
          Let's also put sounds like "I'M AT 30% HP!"
          -1

          Comment


          • #20
            Well, I guess this would really only affect pub players (since I imagine top players already communicate this kind of stuff), so sure, why not? I doubt any real harm would come to balance from a slight UI improvement.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by smokyexe View Post
              Let's also put sounds like "I'M AT 30% HP!"
              -1
              They could totally use the "Excuse me, I need some medical attention" from TFC

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by mr_9sky View Post
                It was supported???
                Which setting?

                The teammates sidebar is too much details. I prefer a more elegant solution :-)

                Other than mekasm and Chen, those with arcane boots will appreciate the mana bars in a teamfight.

                The low hp glowing red portrait will also help others warn teammates unaware that they are potential food for bloodseeker or Zeus ult.

                Thank you for ilnks Panther!
                A support player should have the awareness to see who needs help in a teamfight, who he should help, and when. I don't think the game should do this for him.

                Comment


                • #23
                  DotA 2 is supposed to be like DotA, not LoL

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by wig View Post
                    DotA 2 is supposed to be like DotA, not LoL
                    If it's supposed to be Dota, then why make Dota 2?

                    You guys should stop thinking that "artificial difficulty" (having to click the enemy to see his mana, not being able to see allies HP on the HUD) means skill. It just means "uh you gotta press 1 additional button but it's gonna waste you a lot of time"
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/swordzzzzz

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Swordz View Post
                      If it's supposed to be Dota, then why make Dota 2?

                      You guys should stop thinking that "artificial difficulty" (having to click the enemy to see his mana, not being able to see allies HP on the HUD) means skill. It just means "uh you gotta press 1 additional button but it's gonna waste you a lot of time"
                      If it's just pressing one additional button, how is it wasting a lot of time? Also, notice where I said like DotA. The reason to make DotA 2 is to make DotA more appealing with better resolution, graphics and removal of many restraints of the WC3 engine. The change to the shop system, courier, glyph, etc were all positive changes, this is unnecessary.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by wig View Post
                        If it's just pressing one additional button, how is it wasting a lot of time? Also, notice where I said like DotA. The reason to make DotA 2 is to make DotA more appealing with better resolution, graphics and removal of many restraints of the WC3 engine. The change to the shop system, courier, glyph, etc were all positive changes, this is unnecessary.
                        Why remove restraints from WC3 engine if nothing is gonna be changed? People are just gonna say that it's not dota all over and over until valve changes something by force, which somehow they never complain, or stop complaining after a day (hud changes) This suggestion just makes team communication easier.
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/swordzzzzz

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Swordz View Post
                          Why remove restraints from WC3 engine if nothing is gonna be changed? People are just gonna say that it's not dota all over and over until valve changes something by force, which somehow they never complain, or stop complaining after a day (hud changes) This suggestion just makes team communication easier.
                          Adding voice chat made team communication easier, this is unnecessary. If your mek user doesn't notice your hp is low when it shows up in the middle of their screen, what makes you think they'll notice it on the top of their screen? The only thing this changes is chens ultimate because it's global, but this is where map awareness comes into play.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Maybe as an option.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Nice suggestion, would make Chen even more powerful though :P

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by JudasPiss View Post
                                As an option, yes. Forced, no. League of legends is that way --->
                                If it was an option, why would you want to turn it off?
                                [Suggestion] Hide creeps and neutrals health bars when they're full (screenshots included)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X