Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

My wish list of new features to Hero HUD (some inspiration form HoN and HoN-mods)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My wish list of new features to Hero HUD (some inspiration form HoN and HoN-mods)

    Hi!

    I have played HoN for some years, now I've started to play Dota 2 and I really like the game. I got some suggestions in what I think it will make it a better game.

    1. Gold per minute (GPM) overiview of teammates(and yourself, but Ive seen that requested earlier).

    2. Overview of teammates HP and Mana. I.E on the topbar under the icons.
    - Already suggested in this thread: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=35784

    3. Overview of teammates cooldown and spec on spells. I.E at the topbar under the icons.
    - http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=29938
    see: Teammates sidebar - cooldowns, level, active/important items possession


    4. Show enemies inventory in a mini iconbar when hovering their hero (now you have to click the hero, then you get the information in right bottom corner.

    5. Show enemies mana-bar on icon. (now you have to click the enemy to see it on the "bottom bar".
    - suggested here: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=17412 and debated for a long time here: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=682

    6. A overview/easier way to see if teammates have bought significant items (Assault Cuirass, Desolator, Radiance etc. (now as far as I can see, you have to click all inventories manually to check. Or listen to sound/text when someone buy the item)

    7. Show hero-names on top-bar, in game and also in picking phase.

    8. I found a suggestion about making tactics in hero picking phase and i relly liked it!

    http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=16827


    I don't know the standard descriptions of UI elements etc. but I hope you understand what im trying to tell!

    Some of these suggestion may have been requested earlier, but I couldn't find them when I tried a quick search.

    Thank you,
    - Helland*

    Edit 31.10.12 15:51
    Found two of the suggestion in the forums.

    edit 09.11.12 11:59
    added suggestion #8, and added some links.
    Last edited by Helland*; 11-09-2012, 03:00 AM.

  • #2
    T-up on all. ALL.

    Damn HoN looks like a really polished game :P
    If you don't have an intelligent reply for me, don't bother I will shred your non sense to pieces.

    Comment


    • #3
      I hope this game will never ever ever let us see enemy's mana without targetting them.

      Comment


      • #4
        From what I can see, you use the xUI mod for HoN. Thats a freaking great UI mod.

        I also agree with all your suggestions
        Last edited by Teboga; 11-07-2012, 07:27 AM.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Teboga View Post
          From what I can see, you use the xUI mod for HoN. Thats a freaking great UI mod.

          I also agree with all your suggestions
          Thats true! xUI is a really good mod!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Fax3l View Post
            I hope this game will never ever ever let us see enemy's mana without targetting them.
            Oh boy, here we go.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Fax3l View Post
              I hope this game will never ever ever let us see enemy's mana without targetting them.
              Sorry for brining this up, I can see its well debated in this thread http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=682.

              Comment


              • #8
                1. It will cause more rage between the players.

                2. With good communication you can solve this problem.

                3. Same as 2..

                4. You have to learn it, it isn't easy I know, but works like in W3 and I think it is fine.

                5. Already discussed a million times, the short answer is no. The long answer is that you can see it if you select the enemy, which is fine.

                6. I like the idea.

                7. Why? You can view their names in the scoreboard. And a newbie will learn it after a few games. Also it could take too much space from the current viewport which isn't a good idea.

                8. I already made a comment in that topic. The idea is good, but 2 minutes isn't enough for pick a hero then choose a tactic.
                System #1 Spec for Bug Reporting:_____System #2 Spec for Bug Reporting:
                ----------------------------------------_______..----------------------------------------
                CPU: Intel Core Duo T2300______________á.CPU: Intel I7-3770K
                GPU: ATI Mobility X1600________________á_GPU: Nvidia GTX-670
                RAM: DDR2 667 2GB__________________iiáááRAM: DDR3 1600 16GB
                OS: Win7 Ultimate 32bit___________________Win7 Ultimate 64bit
                Res: 720p_______________________________.Res: 1080p

                Net: 25Mbit/1,5Mbit

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by tikshow View Post
                  1. It will cause more rage between the players.

                  2. With good communication you can solve this problem.

                  3. Same as 2..

                  4. You have to learn it, it isn't easy I know, but works like in W3 and I think it is fine.

                  5. Already discussed a million times, the short answer is no. The long answer is that you can see it if you select the enemy, which is fine.

                  6. I like the idea.

                  7. Why? You can view their names in the scoreboard. And a newbie will learn it after a few games. Also it could take too much space from the current viewport which isn't a good idea.

                  8. I already made a comment in that topic. The idea is good, but 2 minutes isn't enough for pick a hero then choose a tactic.
                  1. It won't bring anymore rage than already exist
                  2. Good communication is not always easy with random ppl, its much better to be aided.
                  3. same as 2
                  4. Improvement is always better even if current already works.
                  5. Its been debated heavily nothing to add on
                  6. same
                  7. No comment.
                  8. No comment.
                  If you don't have an intelligent reply for me, don't bother I will shred your non sense to pieces.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm fine for improvements with features between you and your team.
                    Things like showing HP and manabars for all allied heroes in the top bar for example, and spells etc.
                    Because Dota 2 is a team game, these kind of stuff are essential.

                    However things like mana bars on enemies is a no-no.
                    It affects gameplay, it affects mind games. And the more experienced players with more information should always come out ahead.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by fluffeeh View Post
                      I'm fine for improvements with features between you and your team.
                      Things like showing HP and manabars for all allied heroes in the top bar for example, and spells etc.
                      Because Dota 2 is a team game, these kind of stuff are essential.

                      However things like mana bars on enemies is a no-no.
                      It affects gameplay, it affects mind games. And the more experienced players with more information should always come out ahead.
                      Map awareness. It could be argued that this is another thing that seperates the better players

                      All systems must be revolutionized

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X