Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

[Suggestion] show range of spell

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Suggestion] show range of spell

    show range of spell when is going to cast by circle.

  • #2
    Code:
    dota_disable_range_finder 0

    Comment


    • #3
      where to set?

      Comment


      • #4
        Press the ~ button when your in DotA 2 lobby. The command chat should pop up.

        or if you still having trouble simply just google it.

        Comment


        • #5
          So i want to show circle of radius of range(like when i at spell with mouse pointer) when casting spell (e.g. hook), how can i set?
          Last edited by rybos; 03-18-2013, 06:10 AM.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mvstery View Post
            Press the ~ button when your in DotA 2 lobby. The command chat should pop up.

            or if you still having trouble simply just google it.
            try enable -console command in set launch options of dota 2 first.

            Comment


            • #7
              I have command line alread allowed, but i want see radius if spell when i going to cast spell, like from LoL.
              Or toggle pernament cyrcle radius of range (will be good at pudge at hook, or lion at stun, witch doctor at maledict etd.), many heroes need one spell to see range of spell.
              Last edited by rybos; 03-18-2013, 09:23 AM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Hover over the skill.

                No, they shouldn't add the implementation lol has.

                Comment


                • #9
                  They do not need, it is simple to programe this

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GODLY View Post
                    Hover over the skill.

                    No, they shouldn't add the implementation lol has.
                    well why not?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Panda-s1 View Post
                      well why not?
                      Because alot of us play dota 2 because we hate League's hand holding, and that's one of the ways it does.


                      "I'm all for moderation, but sometimes it seems, moderation itself can be a kind of extreme."

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Justinian of Hattes View Post
                        Because alot of us play dota 2 because we hate League's hand holding, and that's one of the ways it does.
                        how is that hand holding? if dota 2 did it to begin with would you still consider it "hand holding"?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Panda-s1 View Post
                          how is that hand holding? if dota 2 did it to begin with would you still consider it "hand holding"?

                          I agree it isn't hand holding. Every spell should show range. It is knowing the rules to a game. A player shouldn't have to memorize things from repetition or from outside the game to understand the game. An example would be if a baseball team took out their foul lines and foul pole in their stadium and the visiting team had to ask them every time if it was fair or foul. Eventually the visiting team would learn after playing there enough but that just handicaps new teams for no reason and creates an another artificial barrier to entry. However, normally, a baseball team with no experience could, in theory, beat the world series champs. It wouldn't happen due to skill level but they are on the same rules footing.
                          Everyone knowing the rules makes the game more about skill in using them, not less.

                          Same for towers too. People memorize the distance by markers on the ground anyways, why not just show it when you click on the tower? Bad players will still dive and die, good players will still be careful.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by The Fat Bastid View Post
                            I agree it isn't hand holding. Every spell should show range. It is knowing the rules to a game. A player shouldn't have to memorize things from repetition or from outside the game to understand the game. An example would be if a baseball team took out their foul lines and foul pole in their stadium and the visiting team had to ask them every time if it was fair or foul. Eventually the visiting team would learn after playing there enough but that just handicaps new teams for no reason and creates an another artificial barrier to entry. However, normally, a baseball team with no experience could, in theory, beat the world series champs. It wouldn't happen due to skill level but they are on the same rules footing.
                            Everyone knowing the rules makes the game more about skill in using them, not less.

                            Same for towers too. People memorize the distance by markers on the ground anyways, why not just show it when you click on the tower? Bad players will still dive and die, good players will still be careful.
                            haha, analogies. Though I don't think I quite agree with you on tower range indication. Skills can be used virtually anywhere, so a range marker would help 'cause it's hard to judge distance without countless hours of practice. Towers are permanent, though, and don't go anywhere, there's landmarks and geography that's unique to every tower that can help you judge distance.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Maybe i think the range should be mentioned in skill info too.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X