Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

[Suggestion] Show runes on the minimap

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Suggestion] Show runes on the minimap

    It would be helpful if runes showed up on the minimap when your team has vision on them. So you could glance at the minimap and see "oh, there's a haste rune on bottom".

  • #2
    i do not support this

    Comment


    • #3
      Do you have a good reason why it shouldn't be there?

      Comment


      • #4
        -1 bad idea
        playing dota since 2005!

        Comment


        • #5
          Great idea! Oooh yeah let's also add an alert whenever an enemy hero appears on the minimap too because I can't be bothered learning map awareness

          Comment


          • #6
            ... Just write a msg in the allchat which rune spawns where !
            and add an button that u hero will automaticly pic it !
            playing dota since 2005!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NickO View Post
              Great idea! Oooh yeah let's also add an alert whenever an enemy hero appears on the minimap too because I can't be bothered learning map awareness
              That alert would happen all the time and the information would be barely usable. Anyway, map awareness includes looking at the minimap to gain information. What you are talking about is deliberately making it more difficult to be aware of what is happening on the map and demanding more busywork.

              What do you see on the minimap already? Creeps, heroes, wards, hero illusions, towers, buildings, couriers. What do they all have in common? They're easily understandable at a glance, important to the game, and convey information to your team gained by scouting. They show you the overall state of the map without requiring you to click around. Runes fit in with this exactly and it makes perfect sense for them to appear on the minimap. If you think leaving off these items from the minimap makes "map awareness" more important and increases the depth of the game, perhaps you'd like to consider further improvements like removing towers and creeps from it as well. You now have to click around to see what's going on! That makes it more pro, right?

              Did you ever think that the absence of the rune on the minimap in the original DOTA was an engine limitation and not a deliberate design choice?

              Comment


              • #8
                -1 This can mess up the game in mid. U can just place wards and there's only 2 spots where it can spawn from. It spawns every 2 mins. There's no need for this.

                Comment


                • #9
                  How could it mess up the game in mid?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    no -1
                    Before posting a bug read the Bug posting guidelines first and check the Known Bugs list For existing bugs.


                    Use the report () button when you need help from a Moderator.




                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Good idea for spectators. Doubt it will ever be added for players though.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Fenrir795 View Post
                        -1 This can mess up the game in mid. U can just place wards and there's only 2 spots where it can spawn from. It spawns every 2 mins. There's no need for this.
                        Right. The thing is, as the OP has said, he just wants icons on the minimap to show when your team has vision of the runes. So you'll be able to see where the rune is on the minimap if you've warded it without having to go and click both rune spots.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          LOL really how can it mess up the game? If you have the runes warded and you know that the runes spawn every 2 minutes, it will take you just a second to check the rune spots even without minimap symbols.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RandomEngy View Post
                            That alert would happen all the time and the information would be barely usable. Anyway, map awareness includes looking at the minimap to gain information. What you are talking about is deliberately making it more difficult to be aware of what is happening on the map and demanding more busywork.

                            What do you see on the minimap already? Creeps, heroes, wards, hero illusions, towers, buildings, couriers. What do they all have in common? They're easily understandable at a glance, important to the game, and convey information to your team gained by scouting. They show you the overall state of the map without requiring you to click around. Runes fit in with this exactly and it makes perfect sense for them to appear on the minimap. If you think leaving off these items from the minimap makes "map awareness" more important and increases the depth of the game, perhaps you'd like to consider further improvements like removing towers and creeps from it as well. You now have to click around to see what's going on! That makes it more pro, right?

                            Did you ever think that the absence of the rune on the minimap in the original DOTA was an engine limitation and not a deliberate design choice?
                            You sir deserve a medal for good argumentation.

                            It is a touchy matter, though, since some runes are pretty gamebreaking on some heroes. However, unless there's a clear downside to readily show this information to the player, I'm all in for this being implemented.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Irrelevante View Post
                              You sir deserve a medal for good argumentation.

                              It is a touchy matter, though, since some runes are pretty gamebreaking on some heroes. However, unless there's a clear downside to readily show this information to the player, I'm all in for this being implemented.
                              It could just be that it shows a rune symbol, and that rune symbol is the same for all 5 runes. This would mean that you know where the rune is, but not what it is.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X