Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules

  • No flaming or derogatory remarks, directly or through insinuation.
  • No discussion, sharing or referencing illegal software such as hacks, keygen, cracks and pirated software.
  • No offensive contents, including but not limited to, racism, gore or pornography.
  • No excessive spam/meme, i.e. copious one liners in a short period of time, typing with all caps or posting meme responses (text/image).
  • No trolling, including but not limited to, flame incitation, user provocation or false information distribution.
  • No link spamming or signature advertisements for content not specific to Dota 2.
  • No Dota 2 key requests, sell, trade etc.
  • You may not create multiple accounts for any purpose, including ban evasion, unless expressly permitted by a moderator.

  • Please search before posting. One thread per issue. Do not create another thread if there is an existing one already.
  • Before posting anything, make sure you check out all sticky threads (e.g., this). Do not create new threads about closed ones.
  • It is extremely important that you post in correct forum section.

  • Balance discussion only in Misc.
  • All art related (such as hero model) feedbacks go to Art Feedback Forum.
  • All matchmaking feedback should go here: Matchmaking Feedback
  • All report/low priority issues should go here: Commend/Report/Ban Feedback
  • No specific workshop item feedback. These should go to workshop page of that item.
  • When posting in non-bugs section (such as this), use [Bugs], [Discussion] or [Suggestion] prefix in your thread name.



In case you object some action by a moderator, please contact him directly through PM and explain your concerns politely. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, contact an administrator. Do not drag these issues in public.



All rules are meant to augment common sense, please use them when not conflicted with aforementioned policies.
See more
See less

Chat restriction deemed by many as extremely harsh

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chat restriction deemed by many as extremely harsh

    Here is one that I find very harsh recently. I do commend your efforts on improving the Dota 2 community Valve, however, the new update concerning about the new chat restriction does prevent many players from trashtalking a lot but this is also a downfall for it disrupts our gaming. Without the ability to use text chat, voice chat or chat wheel, it was made harder for us to cooperate since some us cannot speak for themselves on which strategy to initiate or to report missing lanes or to go Roshan. This has greatly demolished our gaming. Please do understand that you Valve have just made a lot of dissatisfied players due to restricted chat. And also the period of time for being banned from communication is also disgraceful as 1 day is already long enough. I realized this discomfort when I was playing Dota 2 in some games I win against other enemies as I noticed some of them never used all chat and their performance was uncooperative. I know what you are thinking that "It's my fault that I got into this mess and the reason why I can't chat" but seriously this has really deducted the fun in Dota 2. Yes i do trashtalk, but I know for sure all Dota 2 players trashtalk so it's like you muted most of the community. So know I hope you bring about a new update removing the chat restriction as soon as possible. And yes I can speak as I am civilize which I am not to boast, just showing you that the Dota 2 community can show decency. Please do understand my feedback because Im 100% sure, many players feel the same way as I do towards the chat restriction.

  • #2
    Couldn't agree more. This pretty much removes a player from the game, all they can do is click on things. They cannot be useful to their team in the means of communication. Right after this update came, i got chat restricted and played a single match after that. I was on lane, and noticed spirit breaker charging at our low HP pudge and i tried to quickly type in to alert him but NO, i can't. So i pinged alot on him but of course he didn't understand, therefore died. Chat restricting people also makes it even more common for them to get reported as players get really mad when people don't warn them about things or never talk, resulting in a pretty much endless chain of reporting and punishment. The "Do something bad = No battle points and bad stuff" system was fair enough but only temporarily as feeders/abusers/etc can still do their "job" in low priority. But THIS thing is horrible even for being temporary and reports can be easily abused. How? Get a team full of your friends, have them all report everyone. Bam. I heard the new report threshold for punishment is reduced to 4 or something else changed to 4 but if it really is the threshold you could get 3 friends ( + you ) and go on matchmaking and report the random teammate you get and simply get him punished. This also works even if the threshold would be like 7, you could lie to the enemy team about bad behaviour and they could report without knowing. Giving punishment into the hands of the players is a really bad idea in general but completely making them useless and making every mad and sad is absolutely idiotic.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by AzTyG View Post
      Yes i do trashtalk, but I know for sure all Dota 2 players trashtalk so it's like you muted most of the community.
      It is like dotabuff.com. Yeah, everyone uses it, but only because arrogant players use it. Yeah, everyone was trash talking, but only because rude players did it.


      "i pinged alot" - single greatest reason why that guy probably lost his hero. Your allies can't concentrate on the game with you being obnoxious.
      Last edited by hoveringmover; 04-20-2013, 04:53 PM.
      I will mercilessly add to my ignore list anyone that makes an incredibly annoying signature.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by AzTyG View Post
        Here is one that I find very harsh recently. I do commend your efforts on improving the Dota 2 community Valve, however, the new update concerning about the new chat restriction does prevent many players from trashtalking a lot but this is also a downfall for it disrupts our gaming. Without the ability to use text chat, voice chat or chat wheel, it was made harder for us to cooperate since some us cannot speak for themselves on which strategy to initiate or to report missing lanes or to go Roshan. This has greatly demolished our gaming. Please do understand that you Valve have just made a lot of dissatisfied players due to restricted chat. And also the period of time for being banned from communication is also disgraceful as 1 day is already long enough. I realized this discomfort when I was playing Dota 2 in some games I win against other enemies as I noticed some of them never used all chat and their performance was uncooperative. I know what you are thinking that "It's my fault that I got into this mess and the reason why I can't chat" but seriously this has really deducted the fun in Dota 2. Yes i do trashtalk, but I know for sure all Dota 2 players trashtalk so it's like you muted most of the community. So know I hope you bring about a new update removing the chat restriction as soon as possible. And yes I can speak as I am civilize which I am not to boast, just showing you that the Dota 2 community can show decency. Please do understand my feedback because Im 100% sure, many players feel the same way as I do towards the chat restriction.
        I don't trashtalk. And I know there are people in my friendslist who don't trashtalk.
        I also hold it aginst you that you trashtalk. You have as much been a handicap to enjoying the game as this half-assed new punishment system.

        Comment


        • #5
          1. This is abused to easily ruin someones game who you feel "sucked on your team". Hence it's an easy to use punishment.
          2. It doesn't really ruin the players game. Let's say I'm muted, I couldn't care less. All I'll do is mute the 9 others and keep playing. I can't communicate as to why I can't help in a certain situation and much more. So really this ruins the game for the 9 others.
          3. What does 2. result in? More reports to the muted player - who will then never leave the muted "group".

          Result? Players stop communicating or stop playing the game.

          Well done valve, well done. This is by far the most retarded thing ever implemented into dota2. It's a matter of time before you see it removed or a decline in players. Simple as.

          Comment


          • #6
            I dont understand the idea of this. Players must have right to give bad commends about teamates.

            My case: I just said "omg" "omg" "noob" when a player got a bad move. After that i got reported and banned from chat in following games. Seriously? Is that so easy to ruin my game experience?

            I may consider leaving the game if Vavle wont fix this.

            Comment


            • #7
              If you are shown to be abusive and highly aggressive towards other players, then should be paying for the consequences. Valve is doing a great job at stamping out the people who aren't polite enough to play a game maturely and to enjoy the experience with other like-minded players.

              I think this is a great implementation by Valve, however, there are just a few minor flaws to fix up.

              Comment


              • #8
                Im done

                Screw this game. Im not going to play this game ever again until this retarded system is removed. Im chat banned, so i cant tell my teammates ANYTHING. Therefore i use pings but my teammates are like "OMGGG STOP!111" and then they report me. Great job Valve, such a genius way to lose players in the beta phase of your game. It's not like 90% of the community is already brain-dead, you are making the ones that can click around unable to do shit as well. The even worse part is that false reports, i can just go on a pub, report everyone and play my game. Also i can get a group of 5 and report the enemy team too, resulting in them all getting banned now or later. Right now i probably got chat banned AGAIN while im chat banned and i also abandoned a game right now thanks to not being able to communicate in any way other than using the "press alt, click on ground, get reported" function. Applause.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Valve should implement charade mode for heroes. It's be an instant hit.

                  OT: I don't know. The games I played today are nice, quiet and well mannered. I don't mind if they can't speak for 1 day or more. They deserve it no matter what. The punishment must be harsh so that they learn a lesson.

                  If you don't want to get chat ban, then don't flame. It's simple as that.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MinTharSteals View Post
                    Valve should implement charade mode for heroes. It's be an instant hit.

                    OT: I don't know. The games I played today are nice, quiet and well mannered. I don't mind if they can't speak for 1 day or more. They deserve it no matter what. The punishment must be harsh so that they learn a lesson.

                    If you don't want to get chat ban, then don't flame. It's simple as that.
                    Yeah sure it can teach the players a lesson for their abusive actions but seriously it will ruin their future games since they can't do anything to communicate to their allies. For example, if one of the enemy heroes they are facing is missing from a lane, they cannot do anything to report their lanes and this is critical to the team as they can be continuously ganked, and don't use the excuse that they should view their minimap if their enemies are missing because its your team's job to take care of your lane by reporting missing heroes. So Valve just gave you an unfair punishment.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      ^There is a suggestion that chat banned players should be allowed to use the Chat Wheel. I think it's a good idea.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by AzTyG View Post
                        Yeah sure it can teach the players a lesson for their abusive actions but seriously it will ruin their future games since they can't do anything to communicate to their allies. For example, if one of the enemy heroes they are facing is missing from a lane, they cannot do anything to report their lanes and this is critical to the team as they can be continuously ganked, and don't use the excuse that they should view their minimap if their enemies are missing because its your team's job to take care of your lane by reporting missing heroes. So Valve just gave you an unfair punishment.
                        Yes, and this also happens when a player did nothing wrong. If someone wants someone banned they just false-report them and a few others and viola, chat banned for no reason. As ^^^^^^ said, its also a punishment for OTHER players as well.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Now I understand why there was a guy spamming his ping button whithout speaking...

                          A "communication ban" should prevent pinging too. Period.

                          That said, we could argue if "communication ban" is really a good idea, given that a good dota game rely on team communication.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            i got 1 day flagged then i came up to play a game i didnt even trolled or flaming and somehow im flagged again im mean this is annoying i cant even concentrate or call ss on lanes cuz im flagged it just bad ideea you should watch chat game before u flagg someone so they cant speak even . im really pissed off...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              at least if we got banned, allow us to use the chat wheel..................................

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X