Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: great way to promote the support game

Basic Member

great way to promote the support game

make it so that ppl get rewards for buying courier and wards. once this happens more ppl will be willing to play support and not just go always 5 man carry!

Basic Member
    are you aware that carries can also buy wards and courier after finishing their second rapier?
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    are you aware that carries can also buy wards and courier after finishing their second rapier?
    LOl ahhaahha, almost spit my coke out. Wasn't expecting that.

Quote Originally Posted by trock View Post
    make it so that ppl get rewards for buying courier and wards. once this happens more ppl will be willing to play support and not just go always 5 man carry!
    Winning is usually the reward. Played against a 4 man carry team last night we had none, they got STOMPED !!!!!!

but there should be somthing to attract support-roles. even when your in a 5 mn team, playing constant support is lame and boring... somthing needs to be done
    Quote Originally Posted by Ttempest View Post
    Duh... its the IceFrog dude. Kinda like Chuck Norris just in Dota.

Considering support heroes are actually interesting to play rather than the dull right click fest that is the life of a hard carry, I think that is ample incentive. The reason most people pick a carry in pubs is because you can't trust randoms to always pull through (an earlier game I had tonight resulted in a support build Vengeful Spirit and Earthshaker outcarrying a Riki, Spectre and Juggernaught - despite us dual laning in the suicide lane). Notice than in organised parties there are plenty of people who are willing to support.

I, for one, welcome our new Russian overlords.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k0i View Post
    Considering support heroes are actually interesting to play rather than the dull right click fest that is the life of a hard carry, I think that is ample incentive. The reason most people pick a carry in pubs is because you can't trust randoms to always pull through (an earlier game I had tonight resulted in a support build Vengeful Spirit and Earthshaker outcarrying a Riki, Spectre and Juggernaught - despite us dual laning in the suicide lane). Notice than in organised parties there are plenty of people who are willing to support.
    Yea this. Normally people are less willing to play support because everyone thinks "oh, im probably the best in my team, so i should carry. I don't trust these darn strangers to carry."

And thus you have stupid combinations like 3-4 carries.

But it seems to be getting better, recently all of my games have had a decent number of nukers/supports. All had at most 2 carries in each game. Could be that people are getting smarter, or i'm being paired with better players.

Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    Signed!

On topic, no, the incentive is winning the game and knowing you played your role as best as you could.

Lol blash