Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Magnus ulty need to be changed, FAST!!! + few other things

Basic Member

Magnus ulty need to be changed, FAST!!! + few other things

ulty from magnus look weak and dont represent the magnus that i remember from wc3 dota games, big, scary and powerful that can melt enemies in a sec, weapon could be better, and his back just looks too simply ... this magnus just aint what he should be... im disappointed big time, all excitement gone in a sec

no hard feelings valve

Basic Member
    i dont agree. the ulti in dota2 is way better than its counterpart in dota1. basically it is a war stomp in dota 1(exactly the same as centuar's hoof stomp)

yes, in dota 1 the slam effect and the overall ulti animation looks better in combination.. the hero animation fits perfectly (he holds his spear with both hands, the spearhead points to the sky and he simply raises his spear a little bit up and while doing that everybody gets teleported infront of him)

in dota 2 it looks like he is just slamming the ground with an explosion.
    there is a little effect which represents the sucking effect but it's not enough and it doesn't fit, since he actually doesn't suck them he teleports them infront of himself.
    and there is no camera shaking for such a strong ultimate

rest is fine ^^ i looove his skewer and shockwave animation

EDIT:magnus ulti.jpg
    Last edited by bloodymight2; 10-04-2012 at 07:39 AM.

Basic Member
    Maybe it's just your nostalgia speaking? I never played the original Dota, so I don't see anything wrong at all with the implementation in Dota 2. I went and looked at some videos of Magnus in WC3 Dota and to me honestly that Ult looks underwhelming, not this one.

Basic Member
    It is quite lackluster, but still way better than in Warcraft 3.
    Verdey - Former Initiator

As I'm french, I often make grammar and syntax mistakes. Please forgive me

Basic Member
    update 1 ulti is better than update 2 that with 0.4 sec pull time, total 0.4 + 4 = 4.4 sec
    But now change back to original instant stun.

Basic Member
    Only thing I dont get, and this isnt really a dota2 thing but more of a dota thing, it dosnt explain in his lore how he seems to control like gravity/polarity or whatever o.o

Basic Member
    I can't fathom how can one think that anything from WC3 looks better than its DOTA 2 counterpart, those graphics are 12 years old and the effects plain suck - if you look at the from today's perspective. If you wanna put up a realistic argument then just talk about what you think can be improved in the DOTA 2 animation, which I personally think is fine. If anything it can be improved by making it more 'slammy' with dust particles on the ground like Echoslam.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenkrow View Post
    Only thing I dont get, and this isnt really a dota2 thing but more of a dota thing, it dosnt explain in his lore how he seems to control like gravity/polarity or whatever o.o
    It's magic!

Basic Member
    Doesn't matter if the graphics are 12 years old, and just for the sake of the fact, they are 9 years old since warcraft 3 was released in 2003.
    And YES, the ulti in original dota was SO MUCH BETTER than the one in dota 2, just because the graphics are better, doesn't mean what they do with it is better, go play warcraft dota and feel your ulti when you do it, now you don't understand what happens, the ulti is so lame, a blue wave and poof, someone is stunned, how the hell does that happen. He should slam his enemies or something, they could have done something awesome with his ulti, instead it is such a fail, graphically speaking.

Skewer > Reverse Polarity > Shockwave > Refresher Orb > Skewer > Reverse Polarity > Shockwave.
    OWNAGE haha, everyone's dead. Best be getting a BKB if you're up against Magnus!
    D̶̪̏̇͛͂̈̊̏O̬͉̱̭̤̐ͤ͝T̥̼̗̦̯͙ͣ͐ͮͨ͛̐Ä̩̣̖̘̖͍̹͐ͮ̊ͣ̆̎ ̗͖̘̲̝͔̅͐̀̎͗͌̐2̢̔̄ͭ̋͌̾