Thread: Abandoned games that should not be there...

Basic Member

Abandoned games that should not be there...

I have over 100 games played in the last week, and 4 are being counted as abandoned.

I have only left one game EVER and it was after someone else on my team left and it said I could abandon. And I only did it then as a test, as I usually just 4v5 or 3v5 as is the case.

This is kind of ridiculous because now I am in in the low priority pool for another 6 hours (like 24 hours total) and it takes up TO 30 MINUTES TO FIND A SINGLE MATCH, and I am being punished because of the glitch in abandoned games.

I do want to thank you for beta, but this is just horrible.

Basic Member
    I had this once too, it sucks that u have to wait that long thats true, but then i realize that ACTUAL leavers do have to wait all the time and im happy again ^^

just play another game meanwhile..

the waiting-time could be only by 5+ abandoned games thou..?

Valve Developer
    If you have the MatchID for any games where you received an abandon from a bug then please PM them to me.

Do the following and send this info with the MatchID:
    - Make sure you haven't shared your password with someone else.
    - Watch the whole replay - Note disconnects for any players and what happens with the abandonment countdown.
    - Note any time where players went idle and the duration of that idle.
    - Check your previous game and see if the Abandon was from that game instead.

Basic Member
    today i played about 7-10 games 2 hour ago i noticed that i had 1 abandon even thow i NEVER left a game of dota2 in my life . How do i get a MatchID ? how do i watch replays? how do i find out what game counted as the abandoned one?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmykzy View Post
    today i played about 7-10 games 2 hour ago i noticed that i had 1 abandon even thow i NEVER left a game of dota2 in my life . How do i get a MatchID ? how do i watch replays? how do i find out what game counted as the abandoned one?
    To watch replays click under the Watch tab, and select Recent Games. To find your match ID, search for your own username, and click on your game on the list. If you've afked for too long or left a game, it will be counted as an abandon and there will be a notice in game chat.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JX_Blue View Post
    To watch replays click under the Watch tab, and select Recent Games. To find your match ID, search for your own username, and click on your game on the list. If you've afked for too long or left a game, it will be counted as an abandon and there will be a notice in game chat.
    Cheers mate!

Basic Member
    Being AFK during a match will also count as an abandonment.