Thread: TI6 treasures

Unhappy TI6 treasures

Good afternoon. I bought myself Battle Pass, and all this has bought about 25 chests. I have a problem, all the time that I opened the chests, I do not fell any rare thing. This is a bug or not? As is the case with my friend, he fell just 1 thing. Please help with this, I'm depressed

They are called "rare" for a reason. Your friend was just lucky and you not.
    Please, just call me buny.

yah? in common with the current compendium opened about 40 treasuries and still did not drop out of the additional awards. it is at least very strange. Plus, I somehow reset the counter of dropped objects more treasures, and everything went in a new

You seem to not understand how the system works.

There are 9 items in the treasure. 6 of them are regular, 1 of them is rare, 1 very rare and 1 ultra rare.
    Spoiler: 

Green = Items you can get, red = items you cannot get, blue = rare items, independent from the green/red items

• Windranger bow
    • Undying gauntlet
    • Riki back
    • Morphling hat
    • Lich shoulders
    • Earthshaker bracer

1. Rare: Mirana bow

1. Very rare: Golden Riki back

1. Ultra rare: Invoker set

Inventory: No treasure II immortal

Now, let's unbox 1 treasure and we get the Lich shoulders. Your possible drop list is now

• Windranger bow
    • Undying gauntlet
    • Riki back
    • Morphling hat
    • Lich shoulders
    • Earthshaker bracer

Inventory: 1x Lich shoulders

Now, let's unbox 4 treasures more and we get moprhling hat, earthshaker bracer, undying gauntlet and windranger bow. We did not get lucky and did not get any rares

• Windranger bow
    • Undying gauntlet
    • Riki back
    • Morphling hat
    • Lich shoulders
    • Earthshaker bracer

Inventory: 1x Windranger bow, 1x Undying gauntlet, 1x Morphling hat, 1x Lich shoulders, 1x Earthshaker bracer

So now, only riki back is left. If you open another chest now (a 6th chest), then you will get the riki back 100%. Let's see what happens when we do that: Open treasure 6, get riki back, and our drop list looks like this now

• Windranger bow
    • Undying gauntlet
    • Riki back
    • Morphling hat
    • Lich shoulders
    • Earthshaker bracer

Inventory: 1x Windranger bow, 1x Undying gauntlet, 1x Riki back 1x Morphling hat, 1x Lich shoulders, 1x Earthshaker bracer

All regular items in the drop list are now green again. This means, if you open a 7th treasure, you can get any of the 6 regular items again. So let's open 3 more treasures: Rng gives us windranger bow, morphling hat and lich shoulders. This time we get lucky and also get a mirana bow, the rare drop. The drop list is now

• Windranger bow
    • Undying gauntlet
    • Riki back
    • Morphling hat
    • Lich shoulders
    • Earthshaker bracer

Inventory: 2x Windranger bow, 1x Undying gauntlet, 1x Riki back 2x Morphling hat, 2x Lich shoulders, 1x Earthshaker bracer, 1x rare Mirana bow

See how the mirana bow is still just bloe. It means if you open another treasure, you still have a chance to get it again. But you cannot get the wr, morphling and lich item again until a new cycle, which means until you open at least 3 treasures more and have the cycle restart again.

Getting a rare item with just 9 chests is very lucky. Usually, it takes in avarage like 50-60 treasures to get a rare item and something like 300-400 to get the ultra rare one (these are not official numbers, they are based on my observations). The rare items are entirely chance-based. The regular items are partly chance-based (i.e., which one you get is rng, but you are guaranteed to get all 6 out of 6 treasures. So if you open e.g. 30 treasures, you are guaranteed to get 5x of all the regular immortals).

Some people get extremely lucky and got all 3 rares in 1 treasure. Yes, that's possible, but the chances are microscopically small.
    Please, just call me buny.

I have the same feeling about this.. it isn't just right when we spend and dont get nothing.. iv opened 31x treasure 2 and got 0 invoker, as i will be saying, "escalating odds" doesnt seem to work. What i am also trying to say is that, valve(dota2) seems like encouraging everyone to spend yet they give almost nothing. This "escalating odds" is like a scam. I personally have opened 48x winter 2016 T2 with the same "escalating odds" yet i don't get the rubick ultra-rare, just saying,, if escalating odds were true i should have a very high chance to have gotten it since i opened 48x treasure already.. and you can't blame me and all the others who have spent and got LITERALLY NOTHING for feeling this way,, I have been scammed by dota 2.

Current position co-ordinates non-tracable. Unknown space.
    It's working as intended. Do you expect to win the lottery after buying only 10 tickets? 20 tickets? It's not about fairness (random chances are completely fair). You're only spending money for the chance at obtaining something. There is no guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyoka View Post
    It's working as intended. Do you expect to win the lottery after buying only 10 tickets? 20 tickets? It's not about fairness (random chances are completely fair). You're only spending money for the chance at obtaining something. There is no guarantee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyoka View Post
    Well it isn't like lottery where there are millions of number combinations that your chance of winning it is like the chance of getting hit by lightning. This ultra rare item may be 1% chance to get but "escalating odds" increases that chance as you open more treasures. No one knows what the % increase for every treasure opened because if it is stated clearly the % increase then NO ONE will be dumb enough to buy more treasures just to increase his chances of getting the item. Like seriously at some point of opening these treasures you are expecting to get that ultra rare item, but you don't. Then you spend more hoping the next treasure will drop it, but it doesn't. Then you realize that you have already bought 50x treasure @ 3$ each and you got nothing. This happend to me, I spent 150$ for an item worth 100$ on the market. Now tell me if i wasn't scammed by the idea of escalating odds? They make all of us pay more and they give very very little! That is the idea!

As you said there is no guarantee, you are wrong. Escalating Odds gives you guarantee that at some point you are guaranteed to get the item, BUT WHO KNOWS? They don't say that you need to open 1000x treasures to get 1 guaranteed ultra rare coz they can't extort money out of the players. I say, this is scamming at its finest.

Don't blame me for feeling this way since i was a victim. A victim who expected "something" out of my spendings. Think about it. Opening 50x treasures worth 3$ each and dont get the ultra rare, and you look at the market and see that the item you wanted costs a third of what you spent for. You've spent more than what you wanted and got nothing.