Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why should the winning team be deprived of a win, because of a leaver?

Why should the winning team be deprived of a win, because of a leaver?

Seriously one person abandons the game and suddenly the game doesn't count, wtf?
    And why one person, you can still do 4 vs 5 and win! But atm you can only get a loss?

Wins should count anyway O-o
    Ones of mine did, at least.

Basic Member
    I think you still get a win?

id like some more info on how this currently works too

When there's a leaver, and then he's afk for 5 minutes, this means he can still reconnect, but it's still an abandon for him. The game, though, enters in a "safe to leave" state. Meaning that anybody who leaves from then and on will not get an abandon, but the result of the game instead (when it's finished.)

Basic Member
    The win is still recorded.

Need to recheck it, some of my wins didn't get recorded. Maybe it happens when the throne self destructs from one team completely leaving?

My power recently went off due to a storm and i came back 30seconds after the 5 minutes
    The game kept going and we won it yet we didn't receive a win.

I did receive an abandonment tho

Did a 3v5, 2 in my team left before even choosing a Hero.
    So it was just me (warlock), enchantress and anti-mage,
    we won but the win didn't get recorded ):

I think it may be a bug or something.

Valve Developer
    Here are the rules for what happens when there is a leaver in a game:

Games with the wrong number of players at start never count - not really a problem any more but used to happen occasionally.

If there is a leaver before any action has occurred then wins/losses are not recorded. There used to be an exception if the team with the leaver manages to win 4v5 but that unfairly punished the team without the leaver.

If there is a leaver later in the game then wins and losses will be awarded appropriately (the leaver always loses). People can leave if they don't want to play 4v5 and they will not get an abandon point. People who leave after this point will not automatically get a loss like the first leaver but will get a win or a loss based on the outcome of the game.

Let me know if you have a MatchId where this isn't the case and I'll take a look.
    Last edited by EricTams; 04-09-2012 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Updated with new behavior