Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Back to Back 168 Hour Mutes/Low Priority after CLEAN CONDUCT SUMMARY (4K)

Basic Member

Angry Back to Back 168 Hour Mutes/Low Priority after CLEAN CONDUCT SUMMARY (4K)

https://www.dotabuff.com/players/362662630/matches

So I was muted for 168 hours, which ended after this game: https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2979426788

Fast forward 3 games to this game: https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/2994733688 - my 25 game conduct summary is updated (http://imgur.com/a/PWXZm). As you can see, I have a clean report record.

From there, fast forward 6 games, I receive another 168 hour mute following this game: https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3000508166

Fast forward 1 game, I play my most recent game as Bloodseeker, I am given 4 game low priority penalty.

Did I flame my team in a couple games, sure, but I wouldn't even say I was flaming, more critically analyzing the game. Were my flames valid, absolutely, I could go into detail on each game if requested. Did I purposely throw any game? No. Do I deserve back to back week long mutes and back to back low priority penalties?? Hell no.

TL;DR
    : Went from a clean report record (0-2 reports) to 7 games later having a 168 mute and low priority penalty. This should be impossible.

Also as an extra note, I've played 44 ranked games (not including calibration). Of those 44 games, only 19/44 games resulted in a result of -24, +24, -25, or +25. Please explain that to me Valve.

First time posting on these forums, not surprised to see so many similar threads. How many people need to point out the obvious before Valve addresses the problem?

What exactly is this "problem" you are talking about in that last line? All threads like this say the problem is LP penalty when the real fault lies in the Report system being broken and people abusing it so you get an undeserved punishment. So far all these threads like this were mostly posted by 5-6k MMR players. Now, you being a 4k MMR gives support to the actual problem: Report system is broken and there are players abusing it.

Basic Member
    Xentrope,

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is, other than it takes only a couple reports to get muted, and more importantly get low priority (when I didn't throw a single game).

The fault lies in the players I am matched with, and I would like to know exactly why I am matched with the players I am matched with (see my comment about 19/44 games being +-24, 25). For instance, in this match: https://www.dotabuff.com/matches/3000459491, I suspect every single player on my team reported me because they thought I was the reason we lost, when in reality it was just a classic LC jungle pick gone wrong against strong dual lanes.

I never pick a jungler (only when I random something like Bloodseeker will I jungle), so why do I have a jungler on my team every game? Can't Valve just match me with players like myself?

Basic Member
    Word of advice. Only talk to friends. Do not to everyone else. Best thing is mute all incoming chat and only use premade phrases like we need wards, get back, well played, stun now. 75% of people in dota are massive imbeciles. They would ruin games on purpose and would criticise your gameplay. Don't be one of those. I just mute everything and do my best to win.

Basic Member
    i'm not sure exactly what the problem is, other than it takes only a couple reports to get muted, and more importantly get low priority (when I didn't throw a single game).
    The flaw of an automated report system i.e players abusing it by false reporting. There is no rule or a moderator checking if the reports are actually true or not true to determine if the punishment is deserved or not.

Can't Valve just match me with players like myself?
    I wish dis was true too. Dunno y but I'm a 4k mmr myself and there is dis weird thing going on here in SEA ranked where if 1st pick is a support then teammates will also mostly pick supports & easy carries like junglers who fall off late game with no hard carries. But, if 1st pick is a carry, entire team goes full carry with no supports. How am I supposed to win with teams like dat unless by some lucky chance? It's pretty much the same in SEA unranked games too except there are people random picking.
    Last edited by Jace; 02-18-2017 at 07:15 AM.

Basic Member
    Jace,

Yes, of course system is automated, but there the game is able to track stats, so in theory, it should be impossible to go to low priority if you did not throw/feed couriers/etc. Muting is a different story, and I think muting players is fine if they flame and are reported a lot, but there is a mute button for a reason.

Bottom line the controls are way too tight, especially the higher up the MMR ladder you go. We all take the game seriously, thats why we've played for 1000's of hours.

I raged today because of an imbecile team mate. 2 picked and went offlane, i thought 'great we'll have a strong team now.' Then mid gets picked - a Storm Spirit - absolutely fine. Then this one guy marks jungle Troll. I'm like wtf? O.o

I asked the Troll to safe lane and marked that lane with CM telling him i would support. So he refuses and i see the enemy have picked 2-1-2 lanes (no jungler) and still he refuses. He would rather ruin the lanes than be supported with a support that could land him early cash from kills. The sheer stupidity of people like this makes me so tilted. There was absolutely nothing we could do. All because of this one ignorant guy who seemed autistic. Just wanted to hit jungle creeps instead of playing the game to win. I don't know what goes through these people's minds. I mean, he may as well have just given his entire team the finger and said he was here to make us all lose.

The trouble is, Dota does not offer sound-minded players a way out when shit like this happens. All they can do is run down mid and feed so the game ends faster and hope they don't get reported. Or abandon right there and then and most definitely wind up in low prio. Low prio being a complete frustration fest because most of the people in there have been wound up by imbeciles like that Troll jungler. Or equally as annoying - people who have bad internet and can't stay connected to the game.

So yeah, timed low prio was far better. It gave people a chance to cool off and disperse their frustration. 24 hours, a couple of days. The point is, you'd come back less tilted and more open minded with a clean slate. The low prio we have now is just pure mental torture devised by sick bastards at Valve. They are much like the sick bastards who enjoy watching illegal dog fights - seeing 2 animals rip each other apart until one is dead. Yeah, i said it Valve devs. That's what u are.

People always say 'oh but if its timed people will just get on a smurf account and carry on.' Sure, but who wants to play 50 games on a new smurf just to get back to where u were 5 minutes ago in the same trench. You may as well have a timed punishment and come back in a few days feeling better about yourself.

I remember when Dota 2 was invite-only and Low Prio was just timed. There was so much LESS hate. Now players are constantly on edge waving reports at each other as if they were guns. People aren't happy. The fundamental attribute of a game is that it has to be FUN. Dota is just not fun anymore with the constant threat of mental torture hanging over everybody's heads. It's just not right...
    Last edited by OperativeX; 02-18-2017 at 09:30 PM.
    No Gods but the ones we make

Basic Member
    You're a bigger troll than that guy going jungle .

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OperativeX View Post
    The low prio we have now is just pure mental torture devised by sick bastards at Valve. They are much like the sick bastards who enjoy watching illegal dog fights - seeing 2 animals rip each other apart until one is dead. Yeah, i said it Valve devs. That's what u are.
    ^

Basic Member
    Here is my updated conduct summary. http://imgur.com/GPs8LWB

Only takes 6 reports to get low priority. I don't see how ANYONE could avoid going to low priority.