Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Replace humans by bots when they leave the running game.

Basic Member

Question Replace humans by bots when they leave the running game.

When a player leaves a game or gets abandoned he should be replaced by a bot. Means game should be continued by the bot after 5 minutes. Or we can keep a vote to have a bot instead or not.

Basic Member
    I thik I've read somewhere that this will be implemented. Currently the AI for all bots is not finished, so I suppose that is why the option isnt in the game yet.

Basic Member
    yeah, this feature will be implemented in the future

Basic Member
    Ok, i just had a thought so i posted dint knew it will be implemented. :/ Next time i ll search properly n post.

Basic Member
    Yeah should work. I mean playing with bots is pretty much as with regular dota players.

- fucks up lasthits on lanes so neither gets it
    - uses mana uselessly
    - dont do anything when you do something to enemy
    - fuck around in pubtrains whole game looking stupid

So yeha bots would fit perfectly to replace people in medium tier atleast.

Valve Developer
    Please try to be constructive in your posts.

We've definitely talked about allowing bots take over players who have left, though there are some complications (figuring out what to do with their existing inventory, etc) that we still need to figure out.

Should be decently simply to make bots pretty smart. they stay on the defensive only trying to last hit creeps unless they get to close, when confronted with an enemy player depending on level, type of heroe, and presence of allies, they would engage using their skills or retreat

Could actually be better than the leaver, LOL

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Redking View Post
    Should be decently simply to make bots pretty smart. they stay on the defensive only trying to last hit creeps unless they get to close, when confronted with an enemy player depending on level, type of heroe, and presence of allies, they would engage using their skills or retreat

Could actually be better than the leaver, LOL
    At this juncture adopting a system like the one in L4D2 is not exactly feasible as long as changes like the one outlined above aren't implemented. Currently bots have an insane desire to push and to not adapt their behavior to the enemy lineup resulting in them feeding a hell lot. Most people would prefer a leaver to a feeder I guess.

Allowing the team to control the hero of the person who left after five minutes might be a solution. The team could share the control of that hero like a courier. At least that might help the team gold-gain.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Please try to be constructive in your posts.

We've definitely talked about allowing bots take over players who have left, though there are some complications (figuring out what to do with their existing inventory, etc) that we still need to figure out.
    How about inviting a friend to join to take over players who left ? Is it a possibility ?

No. Leavers make the game a loss.

I find it funny that Valve won't implement a forfiet, but bots in 5v5 are fine.