Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please make an option to hide "likes/dislikes" the same way you hide the winners.

Basic Member

Please make an option to hide "likes/dislikes" the same way you hide the winners.

Watching TI2 was great! I loved every bit of it and are looking forward to next year. But there was one thing bothering me. I were able to predict if Na'Vi could get the win or not, just by looking at the likes and dislikes. My friend could do the same.

So I did some "research". I went through all of Na'Vi's games from the main event and looked at how many likes vs. dislikes they had in games they won, compared to games they lost. They won 7 matches and lost 6 matches.

This is the overall result:

7 Wins = 58349 likes and 1931 dislikes. This equals 3,2 % dislikes.

6 Losses = 52672 likes and 4403 dislikes. This equals 7,7 % dislikes.

http://imgur.com/9Lqwx

You might think that this isn't that big of a difference, but as a person who're very aware of things like this (numbers and patterns in this case) it made my experience not as good as it could have been.

Edit: Also, please hide game length.

Edit 2: Na'VI Star Series Season III spoilers ahead!

Please Valve, tell us if you're at least considering this. I own the Star Series Season III ticket and Na'Vi has so far played six matches. 5 wins and 1 loss

Even though it's a small sample I were able to guess the outcome of all four games.

Win = 677 likes vs 31 dislikes.

Loss = 134 likes vs 25 dislikes.

If I want to watch my favorite team in game, than I have to do anything I can to not notice the large green and red line right below where I click, and it's really hard. I still believe this is needed.
    Last edited by Espen; 09-27-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Basic Member
    What? Not necessary...

Quote Originally Posted by Espen View Post
    Sometimes it can be pretty obvious who's won the match, just by looking at how many likes vs. dislikes the game has.
    How?

I, for one, welcome our new Russian overlords.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggan29 View Post
    What? Not necessary...
    Just because you don't want it doesn't mean it's not necessary.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k0i View Post
    How?
    For example. If Navi is playing and the game has say 20 likes and 1 dislike, than Navi have won the game. The same thing happened under TI2. Predicted every game Navi played, and it wasn't only me, my friends did the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Espen View Post
    For example. If Navi is playing and the game has say 20 likes and 1 dislike, than Navi have won the game. The same thing happened under TI2. Predicted every game Navi played, and it wasn't only me, my friends did the same.
    When spectating live the games had a couple thousand likes at game start, just because Navi were playing, so I doubt there's a correlation.

The thing is, hiding the (dis)likes from the main page takes away the whole point of the system (i.e. whether it's a good game to watch or not).

I, for one, welcome our new Russian overlords.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by k0i View Post
    When spectating live the games had a couple thousand likes at game start, just because Navi were playing, so I doubt there's a correlation.

The thing is, hiding the (dis)likes from the main page takes away the whole point of the system (i.e. whether it's a good game to watch or not).
    Like I said "an option to hide likes/dislikes". Look at my post again and you'll see "proof" that this is indeed needed.

Basic Member
    Actually, would it not be better to just remove the dislikes and leave the like option as a way to recommend the game to be watched?

Basic Member
    I agree. It doesn't hurt to have an option like this. I can imagine that I would unhide the dis/likes for most games, but then hide them for tournaments.

Further, and perhaps this needs another thread, I want to be able to reveal just the hero choices in replays without revealing items or the winning team.

Basic Member
    I kind of have to agree with this even though I find it a little silly. If they're going to go to so much trouble to hide spoilers, they might as well go all the way and just hide any information about the game that wasn't known before it was played. I imagine this scenario was a lot closer than other potential ones. IG was a pretty popular team for that tournament, but imagine if there's a hated or controversial team playing a game against a really popular team. The difference would likely be even more obvious.