Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Abilities Range

Basic Member

Abilities Range

In LoL when u click a skill to use the HUD displays a circle or arrow (if the abilitie is breath or hook like), so you know the actual abilitie range. On Dota 2 we got something similar, but it dont work when you "use" the skill, but instead it work when you mouse over the skill, wich is really pointless.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/2526/gragasq.png

Basic Member
    +1, I screw up a lot of abilities because I don't know the range. You can enable a range-finder with the console right now though, with dota_disable_rangefinder 0 although it's a bit clunky right now. I suspect they plan to add this soon.

Banned
    Nah just learn it like everyone else did for the last 9 years of dota. It's really not that hard bro you will get better by playing more just like everyone else. Everyone get's a hang of it after a month of playing no problem.

Basic Member
    "In LoL when u..."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by danski View Post
    "In LoL when u..."
    Stoped reading there aswell and laughed a bit, then I read the rest of the post and facepalmed

Anyway.... there were a lot of threads about this, and everyone agrees that this would be stupid.

GL&HF

Basic Member
    Nah just learn it like everyone else did for the last 9 years of dota.
    Totaly agree or go back to LOL.

Hi I am an LoL player. I would like ALL THESE THINGS THAT MAKE THE GAME EASY FOR ME TO BE IN THIS GAME TOO. BUT IT DOESNT CHANGE GAMEPLAY IT ONLY SHOWS ME HOW TO USE MY SPELLS.

/facepalm people from LoL shouldn't be allowed to post anything TBH. The game was way to retard friendly to have their input in a game they don't even understand one bit.
    Stop asking the game developers to make the game easier because you are new.

Basic Member
    I did learn when i use t oplay 20 games a day back on high school. And for most of the time i still know, but theres people that are starting now and one of the things Dota is in extreme need is a better learning curve, and it might help.

But still, theres no way to say "THAT 900 RANGE", you most always. Most people just cast and the hero move to needed range. And still, now you can hover over the abilitie to see the range... so it will be implemented, be mad.

Open your mind dude, LoL is actualy the Moba who makes most money of the game (something Valve is highly interested). And is almost getting Dota on number of players, and remember it has a lot less time in the marked comparing to Dota. So, open your mind both games have good thing and bad things, even Dota being way better, in my opnion.
    Last edited by Azzorf; 01-06-2012 at 04:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzorf View Post
    I did learn when i use t oplay 20 games a day back on high school. And for most of the time i still know, but theres people that are starting now and one of the things Dota is in extreme need is a better learning curve, and it might help.

But still, theres no way to say "THAT 900 RANGE", you most always.

Open your mind dude, LoL is actualy the Moba who makes most money of the game (something Valve is highly interested). And is almost getting Dota on number of players, and remember it has a lot less time in the marked comparing to Dota. So, open your mind both games have good thing and bad things, even Dota being way better, in my opnion.
    LoL makes the most money simply because dota is free, as well as the fact that every person under the age of 6 plays it as well as anyone could start it up and instantly be decent. This doesn't make the game good, infact it's the opposite.

Dota is meant to be difficult and hard. It's the reason its been around for 9+ years. So no, we shouldn't make it like LoL because they make more money than dota off people. Take my advice and stop posting about a game clearly you don't know anything about simply becaues you want it to be easier.

So before you start preaching to people LOL is best because it makes more money think about the reasons it does: Easier to play anyone can play it, even my 4yr old niece and roll people. As well as the fact they actually charge people. DERP dota doesn't.
    Stop asking the game developers to make the game easier because you are new.

Basic Member
    I like this idea. The range indicator is already there when you mouse over so there really is no reason for it to not show up when to select an ability to use. It's not like you are asking for something that isn't in the game already you are just asking for some consistency.

I guess DOTA 2 is now a noob game because in DotA there weren't ability range indicators at all. Even when you moused over the ability. According to Nerzyman any change like this is awful because it makes things easier. Damn I guess I'll rethink my DOTA 2 purchase now that I know I'm playing a noob friendly game.
    Last edited by Graybes; 01-06-2012 at 11:57 AM.