Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32

Thread: Let me explain matchmaking to tbose of you who don't understand

Core Tester
    does limited heroes not work? I admit I haven't played it in awhile, but what are the game breaking bugs of which you speak?

Banned
    Some issue with leavers leading to invul bots that push your base and you have no way to stop them. Another recent issue, which I don't know much about, spawning copies of heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    Some issue with leavers leading to invul bots that push your base and you have no way to stop them. Another recent issue, which I don't know much about, spawning copies of heroes.
    Ah yeh thos 2 bugs :\ would be nice if valve could fix this finally
    If you find spelling errors, you are free to take them.

Basic Member
    Matchmaking is bad and broken and everybody knows it. Also the ratings are random numbers assigned to players.

Core Tester
    Quote Originally Posted by Noo View Post
    wow that's awful. valve really ought to fix that asap.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pppoe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by astelan
    The best thing someone can do is have some patience, look at what the team picks and what the team needs and thats about it, feed as little as you can and if the team is crap then so be it other games will come.
    So what you're suggesting is that i should play till the game punches me to my proper MMR where other newbies are supposed to be? Sorry but that's not my definition of fun.
    There is no way around it, if you are as good as you say then you will climb the MMR ladder relatively quickly and you will come up with your own strats and metas independent from what i say and what other people say / dictate.

The thing is, and this is actually key, you have to be patient with the game and with your team sometimes, because sometimes you get people that take their time to adjust and after around minute X ( assuming that the game isn't lost by that X mark ) people get their gears grinding and all of a sudden you have a 5 man gank squad roaming around busting heroes and towers and sometimes you get from minute one where the synergie between players is just there from the start and all blends in perfectly.

Now the real challenge is to deal with teams that dont synergize at all, mostly due to crap picks, hero pick phase is important, you see what the others have or a part of it and what your team has, you can see if they have squishy heroes, right click heroes, alot of stuns no stuns, nukers, hard carrys or if their team composition relies around 1 hard carry and whatnot, what i meant was you need to look at this simple aspect because it all starts there, going in with 5 hard carrys is a bysignatur for having people arguing about who buys the courier, who buys wards and who gets the farm, and, people arguing about who got the kill and why...

Another thing is once you get your strats figured the game just flows and you have alot more ease in knowing what you should do and build and when, most important is recognizing what item build you should go for, if its a BKB because their supports are screwing the initiation and you need those extra seconds to punch in and make the fight count or if you need a MKB to poke that ethereal guy with evasion or that force staff to pull you out of the danger zone because ur a squishy caster.

These are things that you assimilate with experience and experience wins you games wich leads to a better MMR in the end.

My 5 cents on the subject.

Basic Member
    Playing well is a thing, having teammates playing bad is another.

Be penalised by a slardar 0 13 3 is unacceptable.

Matchmaking is fine, Players are not.
    VALVE ! FIX PLAYERS PLEASE !

Basic Member
    @astelan:
    Wait. I don't think we're on the same page.
    What i was saying all the time is that as a new player i want to play against other new/fairly new players and not with and against older players.
    When i said that the game would "punch me" to my MMR i meant it. Atm i start with some random MMR or that 2k MMR and then afaik my MMR goes crazy until is stabilises.
    Where i want to be is at the bottom, where all new players should be until they get better and if they're exceptional or something then they'll get quickly up.
    But the more i read about it it looks like there's no real place for new players as below that 2k or something MMR is a place for toxic players (and whose idea was to make toxicity have an influence on MMR anyway), other than limited heroes which is about limiting me to all the boring and oversimplified heroes and which apparently is currently bugged anyway.

Sure i can try to cooperate during picking, i chosed invo instantly and said i'm going mid. No objections. Someone decided to go soft lane farm, also no objections. Also our team compo was okay, i guess, so no problem here.
    Of course i could get better at choosing proper items and builds, not that i think i needed to in that game. Maybe ghost scepter would be better than drums with enemy's pa and bh farmed but it doesn't really matter if i didn't react in time (took them ~2s to kill me under 3 turrets, but it doesn't matter because that was already a lost game and i'm glad they focused me :P ) with eul to save myself. I'm not gonna have DMC vet timings on all the stuff when i'm completely new to the game, but i could improve.
    That is - if i could play vs my level opponents and have fun and not struggle to get myself better alongside older players.

It's not my first and not my last online game. I can be patient and i'm used to trash talking, the shouting guy didn't bother me and that doesn't count as trash talking anyway, not even near.
    But i don't have patience to play a game where i start on uneven grounds trying to get much better and idk - skyrocket my MMR to competitive play where there is no fun and only tension anyway.