Thread: Gigantic Shop Glitch

Basic Member

Gigantic Shop Glitch

There is a major glitch with the shop.

The interface blows! It needs two sets of tabs....? WHY?! This better not be like this for the real game. It is very annoying to have to click a tab for another tab.

Many people have been using the recommended items program and making a common items in replace of them.

Why not have a layout similar to www.playdota.com's item section?

Just a giant box frame that has all the items? Recommended items should be a tab along with guide.

I don't see how it could be more optimal besides having a giant box frame with item, recommended and guide tabs.

playdota's item section would take up so much space on the screen if you displayed every item like that. If you know what you are looking for, you can search or use hot keys.

The two tabs are very logical. The first tab is for basic complaints, items you you don't build from other items. The second tab is items made by combining items.

Also, if you know what you want, why would you even use the tabs? Just type the name. The problem only comes if you actually flat out forget the name of the item you want.

The only thing I wish is that I had an easy way to do something like pull up every item that raise a characters int, and order them by how much. Or display every item that directly raises mana regen rate, and maybe even a way to quickly look at those that raise it at a flat rate, and those that do a precentage base. Something that takes the spirit of LoL's Shop system, and improves upon it. Even if only for the learn tab.

Basic Member
    That's not a glitch fyi.

Basic Member
    No glitch and no bug. It takes some time to get used to, but eventually it goes fast to buy imo

Basic Member
    Its ok that there are tabs imo to keep the shop small. But having sub-tabs is definetely too much, needing 2 clicks to navigate to my item takes too much time.
    I suggest that you can navigate to the wanted itempage with 1 click, basics/upgrades is not clickable anymore:

Basic Member
    Why not just make the shops like in dota 1, sure it might take a long time to get used to but it's so much faster once you get used to it...

Basic Member
    The icons for the subtabs are completely worthless and do nothing to indicate what you might find there

Basic Member
    "Why not just make the shops like in dota 1, sure it might take a long time to get used to but it's so much faster once you get used to it... "
    The shops in DotA arent really comfortable if you are shopping if youre not in base.

"The icons for the subtabs are completely worthless"
    Not completely but theyre bad so I think they are just placeholders particulary

Hello, I just got into the beta and played my first game less than an hour ago.
    I find looking for items in the shop easy enough, but I noticed another bug related to the shop. It probably has been reported already.
    When I turned on the auto-buy items in the options, the game automatically bought me an extra pair of boots even though I had already purchased Phase boots in the sideshop.