Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: #2 and #3 biggest issue with the game that needs to get fixed ASAP!

Banned

#2 and #3 biggest issue with the game that needs to get fixed ASAP!

Alright so #1 issue will allways be matchmaking I think, so Im not going to beat on that horse any further, even though I agree it sucks huge animal genitals after the last patch.

I will tell you whats the second biggest issue with the game- its when our time is wasted. STOP WASTING OUR FREAKING TIME VALVE!

Heres what its all about:

point 1: give us options to be able to end the game before the main building is destroyed (for public players)

point 2: take actions to aviod fountain camping

Explanation to point 1:

VALVE- why are pros able to decide that they have no chance to win the game, say after 18 minutes and pub players dont? So pros just write gg and leave- game is over. Why do we pub players have to wait sometimes 15-30 more minutes for the enemy to finish off the main building? Sure players can agree to not defend- but first of all not everyone does it in the end, because you kinda instinctively defend your base when the enemy comes to you and second of all not defending the base doesnt mean that it will get finished fast!

Most of the time the enemies will want to farm more for their next big item, go get roshan etc. That extends the game sometimes as mentioned before very significantly. Which is in fact unneeded.

So heres my proposition to solve the 1st point: add a team poll if players think the game is lost, something like "do you think you have lost the game?"

Possible options would be- if 3 out of 5 players click "YES" then make the game free to leave, without punishing that person with low priority.

If 5 out of 5 players click "YES, the game is lost"- then end the game immediately.

VALVE- its not like our time is worthless, is your time worthless? So theres no need to waste any time unnecessarily.

Now sure there will be some teams of 3 or 4 guys who can troll if they dont feel like playing anymore but that will be extremely rare, plus the other 1 or 2 guys in the team are dependant on those 3-4 other players anyways, so if they decide to troll theres nothing those other 1-2 guys can do. So this should be no issue.

Finally- Warcraft and Starcraft also offer players to leave before the enemy base is destroyed, when you think you have no more chance.

That doesnt mean that you should not punish players who leave without a reason. So only leaving after the "SUCCESSFUL" poll should be allowed.

Explanation to point 2 which is familiar to the main SUBJECT of NOT WASTING OUR TIME:

VALVE- you have to prevent players from spawncamping the enemy fountain and lurking for cheap kills instead of finishing off the main Base. That also extends the game time unnecessarily and is sometimes kinda annoying or even humiliating. I mean sure everyone been there, done that. BUt this is simply unnecessary and not contributive to the game AT ALL. When players have such a huge advantage that they can afford to stand in front of the enemy spawn, they can easily just finish the game as well and not waste any time.

Possible solution to that would be- make the players invulnerable to spells and physical attacks, when there are at least 4 players inside the fountain. Also if some of them are dead. So for example 2 dead and 2 waiting in the main fountain. Or say 5 full five of them beeing at the fountain. This action will discourage the enemy to camp at the fountain for cheap kills and go finish the main building faster.

You need to stop wasting our time VALVE, because the second most annoying thing after actually Losing the game itself- is additionally wasting our time, waiting for the enemy to finally decide to finish off the main building.

Please VALVE at least fix this issue and allow us to start team polls whether the game is lost or not, if youre not gonna fix the matchmaking!!!!
    Last edited by Darude-Sandstorm; 08-01-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Basic Member
    Because pros know when the game is over, you just think the game is over.
    And it's their thing, if they wanna play any further, but why should I be punished, because 3 idiots in my team think the game is over? So you wanna deny me the chance for a nice comeback-win? Why the fuck?
    Don't be so selfish please.
    I hope there will never be a surrender-function in pubs

Banned
    There are situations where theres simply no option for comeback. And you know it and everyone else knows it. It doesnt have to be pubs it also happens in the CM. When a team just gets dominated and you have all your towers down except base towers at 18 minutes, cant go farm your jungle cant do nothing but camp in base and wait out the slow end.

Have you played some games recently? It sounds like you didnt. If you did, you would know how annoying it is to wait out till the enemy decides to destroy your main base.

On the other hand- if the 3 players are idiots, they wont be a big help to turnaround the game anyways. When theres a chance to win, noone has to bring up the poll or leave the game. And honestly - how many comebacks did you have, when your supports have fed the enemy hardcore, build some stupid idiotic worthless items, didn buy any wards or courier etc?

There are more than enough situations when you know exactly that you cannot win, so wasting any more minute than necessary is annoying.

Heck even if they only make the game leavable when 4 or even 5 players agree, there is no chance to comeback, that would be a huge improvement already. So when all 5 or 4 say- ok no chance any more, there is no reason to hold them in the game by force.

The game is lost, they can move on to the next one. And I really think that even public players are able to tell when they still have a chance and when they dont.
    Last edited by Darude-Sandstorm; 08-01-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    why should I be punished, because 3 idiots in my team think the game is over? So you wanna deny me the chance for a nice comeback-win?

Don't be so selfish please.
    I hope there will never be a surrender-function in pubs
    This is one of the reasons I prefer DotA2 of LoL. In LoL you have a vast majority of games finish at the 15min mark just because they are a few kills down. I have lost numerous games in LoL that were perfectly winnable and yet I was forced to loose because people didn't want to play once they were 4 kills down.

On the other hand I have also lost the pleasure of victory against opponents because they just surrender at the first sign of us getting an advantage.

Also, the quitters mentality that the surrender system creates makes the gaming environment a lot more hostel and unpleasant "If you don't surrender I'm going to report you", and then continues to purposely feed or stay afk to force you to surrender.

No thanks.

Banned
    Again say if all 5 players agree theres no comeback option left, like full teams in CM mode- there is no need to hold them in game by force. simple as that.

Fullteams are well able to know when its over and when not.

Id rather risk missing some rare opportunies to turn around the game, than extend every single game for 20 minutes unnecessarily getting destroyed in every upcoming fight and just waiting out the end knowing you cant do anything to stop it, when all of the enemies have incredible gold and item adavantage, and level advantage as well.

Again noone has to bring up the poll, most of the time it will be discussed in the chat anyways, before anyone starts it.

I have countless times had everyone on the team agree we cant do anything to turnaround the game. Those are the moments when you want to be able to end the game faster, rather than wasting time.

Heck- how many comebacks did you have lately? If I went through your recent games where it was starting to go down very early, like at 18 minutes mark- Im absolutely sure you didnt turnaround even 1% of them.
    Last edited by Darude-Sandstorm; 08-01-2013 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darude-Sandstorm View Post
    Again say if all 5 players agree theres no comeback option left, like full teams in CM mode- there is no need to hold them in game by force. simple as that.
    Except there are reasons, for one the winning team will be denied their rightful opportunity to complete the match properly. Also, as stated before it creates a quitter mentality and promotes abuse of those that believe they can win.

I agree with surrender being in team matches, however that is already implemented.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darude-Sandstorm View Post
    VALVE- why are pros able to decide that they have no chance to win the game, say after 18 minutes and pub players dont? So pros just write gg and leave- game is over. Why do we pub players have to wait sometimes 15-30 more minutes for the enemy to finish off the main building? Sure players can agree to not defend- but first of all not everyone does it in the end, because you kinda instinctively defend your base when the enemy comes to you and second of all not defending the base doesnt mean that it will get finished fast!
    Because pros are pros, they know when the game is REALLY beyond saving. If you see pro games they continue playing even after a lost fight or even after one or two racks are down. Many pub players would give up as soon as they get their first death. Long story sort; pub players lack the resolve of pro players and will give up for minor reasons, throwing away possible chances to win.

On your second point I have nothing to say, when my team does it I tell them to stop acting like kids and finish and when the enemy does it I wait inside fountain. It hardly ever takes more than two minutes anyways.

Basic Member
    newbies which started to play with Dota 2 will never know that the surrender option was always on dota league and dotalicouis and it worked out fine, i think valve never played it, surrender is a must have in a game, but they are not even able to make a possible ladder matchmaking for 2 years. Its designed for competetive play for teams, its not in a state now to play public

Banned
    Quitter mentality, thats just unreasoned speculating at best. Again pros can quit, theres no reason why normal players cant. Especially players in very high pool.

You can quit in warcraft 3 and starcraft (3v3, 4v4) in team games too, without beeing punished in any ways. And yet there is no quitter mentality there. Ppl are well able to tell when the game is lost and when its not. Extremely rarely you do have issues with ppl leaving prematurely, but I rather accept that, then have so much time wasted when the game snowballs to hard for the enemy team.

It really looks to me that you didnt play alot lately, like solo queue or normal mode without stacking with others. Not many words can describe how frustrating it is to wait out till the enemy finishes you off, when you have teammates who are not only noobs, but also pretty dumb to start with and do all sorts of incredible nonsense.

And again- when 4 players out of 5 (which is like 80%) in the team agree theres no more chance- its irrelevant what the 1 remaining person thinks. Its allways about the majority. Why should 4 ppl go the risk of wasting 10-25 more minutes only becasue that 1 other person hopes for a comeback?

@ZoroX- exactly right man. Noobs will not know anything about surrender and wont bother other good players with the poll. Whereas this surrender option would be very useful for experienced players, when they dont want to waste any more time than necessary.
    Last edited by Darude-Sandstorm; 08-01-2013 at 09:22 AM.