Thread: Strange Salve cancellation

Strange Salve cancellation

[REPLAY NOT YET AVAILABLE, will update with timestamp when it is]

[09:54.84] Melee Creep hits Lifestealer for 1 damage (45->44).
    [09:55.14] Lifestealer receives Healing Salve buff from Lifestealer
    [09:55.67] Lifestealer loses Healing Salve buff

No DoT, nothing else in the log. No idea what made me lose the heal, anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by DarkLite; 08-01-2013 at 03:17 PM.
    Please help keep the forums clean by reporting rude or abusive posts!
    Got a problem? PM me or another moderator!
    Forum Rules

Basic Member
    If you look at the replay, you do get hit by a melee creep. It doesn't seem to appear in the combat log however.

Basic Member
    Did you have Stout Shield? It can reduce damage to 0 in dota 2 ( I think in dota 1 it's minimum of 1) which won't be recorded in combat log (you can test this easily with Faceless Void + any constant DoT skill and note how there's missin ticks whenever Backtrack proc) but since it's still an attack, it'll cancel salve.
    Every time someone make a false report.
    Making people's losses feel worse with just my name (don't ask me how it work, I certainly don't)

Currently observed Orb(Unique Attack Modifiers), Critical, and Bash interactions for DotA2

To:
    People who cry MM isn't fair: Maybe you're not as great as you make yourself to be.
    People who wants surrender: It exists, but I'm not teaching you how to do it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoflCat View Post
    Did you have Stout Shield? It can reduce damage to 0 in dota 2 ( I think in dota 1 it's minimum of 1) which won't be recorded in combat log (you can test this easily with Faceless Void + any constant DoT skill and note how there's missin ticks whenever Backtrack proc) but since it's still an attack, it'll cancel salve.
    Yeah he did, you can see even from the visible combat log since he blocks the 2 hits before and take 1dmg. I guess that last hit the creep rolled its lowest dmg range, the block did proc(can see it ingame) so probably absorbed the full dmg, thought it'd appear as 0 in the combat log. Anyway you can clearly see the melee creep hitting him after the salve if you slow down so there shouldn't be an issue here.

Basic Member
    Eh, shouldn't the healing only got cancelled if the damage taken is above 20 after all reductions?

Quote Originally Posted by ZzZombo View Post
    Eh, shouldn't the healing only got cancelled if the damage taken is above 20 after all reductions?
    "Physical" non-poison damage always cancels salves and clarities.

Oh okay, thanks. Would you say it's a bug that the combat log doesn't display blocked hits?
    Please help keep the forums clean by reporting rude or abusive posts!
    Got a problem? PM me or another moderator!
    Forum Rules

^Not really a bug imo, but it should be shown in the logs, since 0 damage events have some impact, too.
    Please, just call me buny.