Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Power Treads colors.

Basic Member

Power Treads colors.

Around 7-10% of all men are red-green colorblind (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_...olor_blindness), which poses a problem when seeing which Power Treads you have activated. I am colorblind myself and have to remember which Power Tread I have on and count the amount of times I swap to get the proper one. Seeing the Intelligence one is easy but seeing the different between Agility and Strength is near impossible. I would suggest either change to more distinguishable colors or add some kind of other indicator to the icon so you can tell the difference.

Basic Member
    What if they placed the attribute icon in the top right corner of the square? I'm not colourblind myself, so I don't know if there's any other two colours you could choose instead.

Basic Member
    Your stats change in accordance to the change in boots. Watch your hp next time.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riley View Post
    Your stats change in accordance to the change in boots. Watch your hp next time.
    That is much harder to glance at in fights. And you can't see if you have Agi or Str treads on in a fight unless you memorize the number because HP like 1503 doesn't tell you anything about which Treads you have activated. And if you memorize the number, you might as well just memorize which Treads you have activated, which is what I am doing right now.

Maybe a colourblind mode for the boots where it has the attribute symbol infront of it?

Less radical change would be to add different background for each one. For example: strength have vertical strips, agility have diagonal strips, intelligence have horizontal strips:

But imo it could be more fancy like adding some snail like whirls for intelligence and cracks for strength.
    Last edited by majan_pl; 08-28-2013 at 12:24 PM.

If you are colourblind why don't you just change the colour scheme that your PC is in. Yes most OS' have a colour blind function....

Also you can always just check which stat has +8 to it...

+1 to the idea above me though.
    Last edited by Crowfeather; 08-30-2013 at 04:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Typhox View Post
    Nope. Windows Explorer is not a database
    Take a look into the mirror! You think you are completely unfailable. With your limited knowledge, you think that you know more than someone who is very deep in the matter/an expert.

Basic Member
    I'm not colour blind but this sounds like a good idea.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    If you are colourblind why don't you just change the colour scheme that your PC is in. Yes most OS' have a colour blind function....

Also you can always just check which stat has +8 to it...

+1 to the idea above me though.
    Because not everyone has the same color blindness. What colorblind modes do is to enchance certain colors. Now, not everyone can't see the same spectrum of colors when they're color blind so what this color blind mode does it to make the picture oversaturated and look very weird. I'm not sure Windows 7 have a function that you mentioned. I tried color blind mode in WoW and it looked awful.

Regarding the +8 stat, wouldn't that be skewed if other items gave +stats? Also, it's much harder to look at a number. I have an easier time remembering what treads I have activated and count in my head. It's just that sometimes I mess up and forget and suddenly I got agi treads on when I want str treads. I switch treads in the heat of the battle. I want to quickly glance and see what I have on. I don't have time to check a number and compare it to other number. Maybe most people don't treads switch every time they cast spells or bottle/wand but some do and it's very good to do.

Red and green are the worst colors you can use to help distinguish between two things because those are the most common colors a color blind person can't distinguish.
    Last edited by artiq; 09-03-2013 at 08:06 PM.

Basic Member
    I found a good temporary solution to this problem: http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/commen...s_enhancement/. It adds a text I, S or A to the icons.