Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: FOV at nighttime is 2 small

Basic Member
    good find, i knew something was wrong!

Basic Member
    I'm pretty sure nothing is wrong. DOTA 2 map is a little bit smaller when compared to dota therefore the fog seems smaller when in fact it's not/

Basic Member
    how can u say that , did u watch the picture? range is 800 for frost and u can see it clear that the fog is in the green circle, this means it is <800 FFS

Basic Member
    Lol now i know why i always have the feeling to turn on the light in the room

Basic Member
    Yeah it's really frustrating trying to chase someone at night _

Hope they change this soon!

Basic Member
    nice find!

+1

Basic Member
    Night Vision does look too small from that screenshot yeah.
    However, on the whole 'claustrophobic feeling' thing, I personally get that feeling looking at -anything- in WC3, I mean seriously you can't really see anything with the extent that WC3 is zoomed in at. Compared to games nowadays, WC3's FOV is absolutely tiny. Whether that's a bad thing probably depends on how directly you want DotA 2 to copy DotA. I personally like being a bit more zoomed out.

Basic Member
    well i guess dota2 should be exactly in terms of mechanics with dota1, or at least this is what i understand from what Icefrog wants. change things that u couldn't change in war3 and u wanted them to change. after that is complete u can start wondering if it is good or bad to do radical changes to the game

I pretty much support this, While playing as Drow, I can't even attack to my target when it's my attack range but it's also in nighttime fog.