Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: A Look Back

Does anyone else have problems with loading images? I'm having like half of them completely distorted...

EDIT: Maybe a coincidence, but I`m having problems only with your images, essantialblend

They load fine here,mate!
    Karnivool's new album is DOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by 1337_n00b View Post
    That all said, this is the first time I think I took notice of the ancient Lion - he's a freaking toad. Helps us appreciate the dubious visuals we had before and even more so the more polished we have now. I'm kinda glad I never was in the early alpha now. Him, and Storm.
    Well, I actually like the alpha Lion (Lion being my top and favourite hero) more. Reasons: his toad-like face suits his voice better. He is supposed (lore-wise) to be perversely disfigured and this off-proportions suit him better I think. He somewhat reminds me of the clown from Spawn.
    Now he's just a pure demon. His scary demonic outlook doesn't match his cheesy voice. That said, I like the toad-version more. The more disfigured perverted he is, the better. If they chose to continue with that demonic look, they better change his lore and voice-work. They just don't match now imo.

And SKing's icons just rape Esp. the ult one is hilarious, and expresses the ability very well xD

Quote Originally Posted by BGDaemon View Post
    PS: Lina is basically the same now as well. You just have to pay $$$ for the alpha look, which is kinda sad.
    Death Prophet also has an unreleased item which makes her look like her alpha design:

Here are some more concept, which were one of the first WIP images to be leaked.

You should be able to recognize everyone by now, except for TA on top right.

And one more. TBH, I like this concept Omni more than what we have in-game (which doesn't mean the current Omni is bad - just not that epic)

All these look super interesting. I myself much prefer the older Bane design (hence my user icon). P.S. Anyone notice Skeleton King's ability icons? Lol
    Brainwashing people is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Keowee View Post
    And one more. TBH, I like this concept Omni more than what we have in-game (which doesn't mean the current Omni is bad - just not that epic)
    Here's Omniknight's alpha version in-game:

By the way, I got a date on this screenshot:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hefaistus View Post
    May, 2011. That's roughly 3 months before the first International. The game changed a lot during those three months, apparently.

I also found a screenshot of a pretty early alpha menu:
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by BGDaemon View Post
    Well, I actually like the alpha Lion (Lion being my top and favourite hero) more. Reasons: his toad-like face suits his voice better. He is supposed (lore-wise) to be perversely disfigured and this off-proportions suit him better I think. He somewhat reminds me of the clown from Spawn.
    Now he's just a pure demon. His scary demonic outlook doesn't match his cheesy voice. That said, I like the toad-version more. The more disfigured perverted he is, the better. If they chose to continue with that demonic look, they better change his lore and voice-work. They just don't match now imo.

And SKing's icons just rape Esp. the ult one is hilarious, and expresses the ability very well xD
    And I dont.... Why? Because his name is Lion, and he is supposed to have something similar to that creature... before he was toad-like humanoid thing, named Lion.... Right now he is more feline, and more cunning, and that is more fitting for his name !

Quote Originally Posted by Adilmaru View Post
    And I dont.... Why? Because his name is Lion, and he is supposed to have something similar to that creature... before he was toad-like humanoid thing, named Lion.... Right now he is more feline, and more cunning, and that is more fitting for his name !
    ...but not his lore and voice. So, as I said, if they want to continue with that look, they should change the voice, or ideally - both. Something that will never happen

Quote Originally Posted by Hefaistus View Post
    May, 2011. That's roughly 3 months before the first International. The game changed a lot during those three months, apparently.
    It's actually a little bit sad considering the current game development progression. I know there are much more issues to consider now for every update, but still...

Oh for f-word's sake, the emphasis was on the mechanics for a hell of a long time; they couldn't show the game like THIS so just like Valve kept shipping polish updates prior to the big event, so they did back then - I'm pretty sure that the graphics came gradually and were being worked on for a good while. Because testers could as well play that, but actual people? Hell no. After all, there isn't an awful lot to do in that department right now - aside from Zeus who evidently comes from N64 and a couple of old icons-models. That, and heroes with outdated audio, and even then the worst have been fixed.

So if I get another volvo ded gaem sad devlopment rise in my Lore section, I'll start doing something.
    Last edited by 1337_n00b; 08-05-2013 at 12:43 PM.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.