Thread: A Look Back

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Now, I will still stand by how PA as she was back then is infinite times better than the one we have now. She fit her lore, and she just worked. Blargh.

Gyrocopter... the new one grew on me. Solely because the machine is actually kinda badass and the previous one had sandals AGAIN. Seriously, get Valve a new fashion adviser.

And really, the more of this I see the clearer it becomes to me that Dota changed quite a lot during the development process. The old screens and, as we can see here, the old concept art were much grittier and just... weird. In a good way. What we have now is more reminiscent of Warcraft 3 or an animated cartoon - the previous art style was really reminiscent of HoN or, dare I say, Diablo 3. I can see how the game just didn't feel right with the progressively weirder style and eventually it became what it is now.

By the way, seriously do Tinker, him and Storm Spirit show the difference between the art styles best. I'm not suggesting Storm because the old Storm was freaking scary and I don't want to see it again. Yes, consider me obsessed with the old "walking oven with a smoking pipe" Tinker because most things are better with the new sci-fi one.

P.S. Haven't seen those Bloodseeker pictures before. Where do they come from?

P.P.S. It's Anub'arak for the original NA. Nothing to do with the current President.
    Last edited by 1337_n00b; 08-04-2013 at 10:21 AM.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.