Thread: i have to agree matchmakin is stupid

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Basic Member

i have to agree matchmakin is stupid

ok so ive read the threads and i kinda luled about it thinkin ppl over exaggerate but after enuff matches i really have to agree

this match kinda just did it for me; there is something wrong and valve needs to fix it. being nice i gave my gyro safe lane and he makes a naked boots divine rapier (800 hp gyro) i dont get it and he throws game.

we have a lich who off lanes 0-20

i laned with lich and then went to jungle and i had more farm and impact on game than anyone else. i would have even carried if gyro didnt buy rapier which just surprises me. i dont understand how matchmakin got this bad. if u check opponents they're a heavy stack. 60% win rate etc

http://dotabuff.com/matches/265920437

im not really complaining but simply addin a voice so hopefully valve will actually do something. also this isnt my first game ive experienced this imba matchmaking. i just finally posted

Quote Originally Posted by sc2platinum View Post
    ok so ive read the threads and i kinda luled about it thinkin ppl over exaggerate but after enuff matches i really have to agree

this match kinda just did it for me; there is something wrong and valve needs to fix it. being nice i gave my gyro safe lane and he makes a naked boots divine rapier (800 hp gyro) i dont get it and he throws game.

we have a lich who off lanes 0-20

i laned with lich and then went to jungle and i had more farm and impact on game than anyone else. i would have even carried if gyro didnt buy rapier which just surprises me. i dont understand how matchmakin got this bad. if u check opponents they're a heavy stack. 60% win rate etc

http://dotabuff.com/matches/265920437

im not really complaining but simply addin a voice so hopefully valve will actually do something. also this isnt my first game ive experienced this imba matchmaking. i just finally posted
    It is possible that it's a balanced match.

We can't see the win ratios of 3 of your team.

The Lich does look suspicious.

I'd guess that what happened is that for whatever reason, the Gyro wanted to troll and the Lich didn't care what happened after the Gyro built and lost his first item, Rapier, so ended up feeding. With an early Rapier on the other team, it's easy to see how Lich died a lot.

There's still no reason why these guys wouldn't all be of a similar skill level to you.

What can the matchmaking do to prevent you ending up with players who troll from time to time?
    Last edited by Craig; 08-07-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    To avoid LPQ:

Don't draw attention to yourself
    Don't use voice or chat except for 'ss'
    Mute all at lvl 1
    Only play in parties
    Get alternate accounts
    Limit your usage to one or two games per day per account
    Don't play too well
    Don't play on Sunday or Monday
    Wait until the developers reset LPQ status

If you're getting matched with trolls or feeders:

You may have been placed in a hidden pool. There is no known way out of this, apart from moving to a different account.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    It is possible that it's a balanced match.

We can't see the win ratios of 3 of your team.

The Lich does look suspicious.

I'd guess that what happened is that for whatever reason, the Gyro wanted to troll and the Lich didn't care what happened after the Gyro built and lost his first item, Rapier, so ended up feeding. With an early Rapier on the other team, it's easy to see how Lich died a lot.

There's still no reason why these guys would all be of a similar skill level to you.

What can the matchmaking do to prevent you ending up with players who troll from time to time?
    The issue about trolling is not matchmaking's duty to prevent. It's the duty of the report system. But since there's not actual punishment why would such people care? And pls don't tell me LPQ is a punishment because it's not.

LPQ-no battle points NORMAL-levels hidden(why care?)
    LPQ-bad players NORMAL-bad players(why care?)
    LPQ-long queue times NORMAL-either bloody fast queue times or slow as shit(again why care?)

Quote Originally Posted by Raspharus View Post
    The issue about trolling is not matchmaking's duty to prevent. It's the duty of the report system. But since there's not actual punishment why would such people care? And pls don't tell me LPQ is a punishment because it's not.

LPQ-no battle points NORMAL-levels hidden(why care?)
    LPQ-bad players NORMAL-bad players(why care?)
    LPQ-long queue times NORMAL-either bloody fast queue times or slow as shit(again why care?)
    Even if it manages to detect a guy making a bad build which isn't suitable for his skill level, what does it do with him after he's been punished?
    To avoid LPQ:

Don't draw attention to yourself
    Don't use voice or chat except for 'ss'
    Mute all at lvl 1
    Only play in parties
    Get alternate accounts
    Limit your usage to one or two games per day per account
    Don't play too well
    Don't play on Sunday or Monday
    Wait until the developers reset LPQ status

If you're getting matched with trolls or feeders:

You may have been placed in a hidden pool. There is no known way out of this, apart from moving to a different account.

Banned
    Well take an example at LoL. In LoL if you troll or stay afk or even do stupid shit and get reported the penalty is decided by the community(or kinda) in the tribunal. And the player is banned for 1,2,3,n days depending on how bad(or repetitive the behaviour was). Now i don't know if dota 2 with only 5,769,998 unique players per month can afford to do that but they need to think of something more punishing than the LPQ

Quote Originally Posted by Raspharus View Post
    Well take an example at LoL. In LoL if you troll or stay afk or even do stupid shit and get reported the penalty is decided by the community(or kinda) in the tribunal. And the player is banned for 1,2,3,n days depending on how bad(or repetitive the behaviour was). Now i don't know if dota 2 with only 5,769,998 unique players per month can afford to do that but they need to think of something more punishing than the LPQ
    5m unique players per month? that's pure propaganda bulshit. No 12 or 13 year old would endure playing dota 2 for 3 or 4 games. that's the target market that is most gullible to buy hats.