Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: A Look Forward: Ember Spirit Concept Art Uncovered

Top most left looks like Dazzle and bottom left is Dark Seer (looks pretty similar to the concept art in the "A look back" thread).

So the fire guy is Ember Spirit and the left green guy is Arc Warden is it? I've not played those heroes in dota1.
    Karnivool's new album is DOPE!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blash365 View Post
    i guess that's what erik hinted at when saying that future heroes will be more eastern influenced.
    apart from the two legion commander seems to have some samurai influence. And earth spirit might also be eastern since the whole celestial deal is. Terrorblade might be a sort of dark monk. Pit Lord may very well be based of the Oni (that would be pretty cool).

Oracle and wyvern may fit there somewhere aswell, but I don't see techies and phoenix being eastern influenced. I may be very wrong here but I think phoenixes are western mythology.

btw, when did erik say that?
    Quote Originally Posted by daed View Post
    This is another example as to why the developers should never seriously take in consideration any post on the dev forums.

He said it in a recent interview by 2P:

The heroes in DOTA 2 are generally very Western in style. It's very difficult for Chinese players to adapt to. What do you think about that?
    Erik Johnson: We really appreciate eastern styles. We think that over time we will be building things into the game and heroes into the game with more eastern background, like the story or how they build and look. We try to think of DOTA as a very international game, leaving enough room for the game to create lots of different type looks of heroes.

Source
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

Basic Member
    ^that's really cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by daed View Post
    This is another example as to why the developers should never seriously take in consideration any post on the dev forums.

Wow..that was unexpected... I was expect to see Arc warden as some kind of gnoll-like creature. I dont know what to say about that concept. First things we need to have in mind:

- There´s no hats or shirts/armor, weapon or adornment in that concept. Valve wont make an hero which you can change only the pants. Think about the market hehehe $_$
    - There´s an unused line on lycan´s responses where he calls arc warden as "brother" or something...that´s why i think he would be a feral creature instead of a blue magician.

About xin, he was near what i expect...some kind of oriental fighter based on fire (even with a lot of heroes sharing that power), the bottom concept seems cool and almost ready to workshop people have their ideas.

I think it´s too early to make some statements since that picture was take from a wall full of unused concepts (among other who already was used):

_
    People says im not a hero, im a mistake. They´re all envy of my double midas.

Need more fat female heroes in dota.

I hope that Raijin, Xin and Kaolin are going to have a relation. The 3 elemental spirits.
    Please, just call me buny.

Quote Originally Posted by Arc Warden View Post
    - There´s no hats or shirts/armor, weapon or adornment in that concept. Valve wont make an hero which you can change only the pants. Think about the market hehehe $_$
    Omniknight has no helmet on his base model but he has gotten plenty of helmet cosmetics. Kunkka got back items. Lina got a hat as well. It means nothing.

- There´s an unused line on lycan´s responses where he calls arc warden as "brother" or something...that´s why i think he would be a feral creature instead of a blue magician.
    That unused line being for Arc Warden has always been speculation.
    To keep these forums clean and friendly, please read and follow the forum rules.
    Before making a new thread, be sure to have used search, as well as checking the stickies of the appropriate section.

Lore moderator.

Quote Originally Posted by bu3ny View Post
    I hope that Raijin, Xin and Kaolin are going to have a relation. The 3 elemental spirits.
    well in Storm Spirit lines has some references to Xin (Ember), not yet to earth (last time i checked Earth dont even exist)

If we only could have that image with better resolution :/

anyways thanks for porsting it.