Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: A Look Forward: Ember Spirit Concept Art Uncovered

A Look Forward: Ember Spirit Concept Art Uncovered

If there's one thing all those airhead tourists are good for, it's sniping photos of concept art. I do believe that we've transcended past the boundaries of Lore and can now have a post dedicated to this - and since the other concept art topic is called "A Look Back", it wouldn't make sense to post it there.

Whoever has any idea on who the guy on the left could be (my guess is Earth Spirit), go on ahead. There are no prizes.

P.S. The original tweet this came from claims that it's Arc Warden. I claim that he doesn't really look like it to me, but oh well okay.
    Last edited by 1337_n00b; 08-07-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    Heroes this user should seriously reconsider ever picking again.

THE DOTA 2 LORE MEGATHREAD IS TO BE UPDATED BY JULY 5TH

Visit the Dota 2 Lore Megathread. Renovation ongoing.

Basic Member
    Not a monkey :'(

i was wondering when the leaks would come, their are usually a few around the international.

he still looks pretty badass, not what I wanted but still looking foward to the final result.

Actually, looking at it better he might be a sort of ape with his face hidden.

Also, I think the guy on the left is indeed arc warden and not earth spirit. since arc warden's ult tells the clone and original apart then having amodel for each would be nice.
    Last edited by Banethulhu; 08-07-2013 at 11:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by daed View Post
    This is another example as to why the developers should never seriously take in consideration any post on the dev forums.

Basic Member Justinian of Hattes's Avatar
    I would have to say the one on the left is definitely Earth Spirit, that or they are redesigning Leshrac to be a two-legged kung-fu master.

Anyway, YES HE LOOKS AWESOME AND HES NOT A MONKEY KING! TAKE THAT, CONVENTIONAL DESIGNS!

"I'm all for moderation, but sometimes it seems, moderation itself can be a kind of extreme."

It's Zet, not Earth Spirit. I presume the bottom one is his ult clone and the top is the regular one, although it could be two different designs of him, rather than his clone

Basic Member
    Not to mention, there really isn't anything that shouts "earth" from him, no boulders, no rocky design. The glowing on his hands seem more like lightning than magnetic pulses.
    Quote Originally Posted by daed View Post
    This is another example as to why the developers should never seriously take in consideration any post on the dev forums.

Interesting how bulky Ember Spirit is, despite being a mobility based agility hero.

Honestly left one could be Earth spirit, because he is more oriented on magnetic things, like pushing forward or back, magnetic field etc., not on lifting heavy rocks and shattering the earth...
    And I think Ember spirit looks great, both concept arts are great, and I dont care which one is going to be used, but I hope to see something similar to this ! =D

Bottom Ember Spirit looks amazing. I'm getting some Embo vibes off it.

/me likey Though it would be awesome if they make the spirits some kind of brothers... or atleast look like eachother (similar to pandas from WC3) - 'cause, you know, ember SPIRIT, storm SPIRIT, earth SPIRIT... would be totally badass. Though it's not too late - e rework of SS is on its way, so we may see something like that.

And left one definitely is Arc Warden.

Basic Member
    i guess that's what erik hinted at when saying that future heroes will be more eastern influenced.
    Make sure to read the Forum Rules as well as the stickied Threads of the Forum Section you are posting in.

Contributions i'd like to highlight:
    My Suggestion: Coaching System
    My Sticky: Intended Changes List
    My Challenge: Completely Fixed Hero Challenge: Skywrath Mage