Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Huge issues with fog of war

Basic Member
    i was rly surprised when i was suddenly killed on a spot where the enemy could never see me in dota1. the fog of war is rly acting weird in dota2, you will never know if you are seen or not

Yeah I posted some screens in a different thread. Juking is damn near impossible since the enemy will catch a glimpse of you a couple times.

Basic Member
    I remember that thread csquatdbeat, I would really like to see a dev posting about this issue.

Basic Member
    imo. Fritsc is right. that is a bug as it highly changes gameplay by eliminating juking, what was a key mechanic to skilled playing in DotA 1

Quote Originally Posted by thethingexe View Post
    How could this be intended?

Dota 2 is all about maintaining the same level of gameplay/skill from the first, this obviously kills juke spots, and is a glaring issue.
    If Jakiro's icewall and Venomancers Nova not hitting invisible is intended, then surely this is also intended. Lets just call it a source engine limitation, besides tree peeking is kinda fun and the one who is peeking will have a predictable position which can be exploited. Imagine two heroes peeking at the same time. It's small additional mechanics like this that makes DOTA2 more interesting than DotA.

Basic Member
    This spot if you get realy close to the tree you can see the enemy but the enemy wont see you. I tested with my brother and I was like I can see you man, but he was not seeing me.

2011-12-05_00001.jpg

Basic Member
    Whether or not this is intended, I think its important to mention that the WC3 engine and the source engine are inherently different. No matter how hard VAVLe trys to replciate things like fog of war from WC3, it will be virtually impossible to make it 100% identical. If anything they should make the fog of war mechanics as interesting as possible to improve gameplay instead focusing on minor details that would make the game more like WC3.

Quote Originally Posted by mmzin View Post
    This spot if you get realy close to the tree you can see the enemy but the enemy wont see you. I tested with my brother and I was like I can see you man, but he was not seeing me.

2011-12-05_00001.jpg
    Ninja.

Basic Member
    !support son!!

And ye , the only vision advantage ( without obs taking into consideration ) , should a player get ONLY when he is on higher ground . Me seeing you , without you seeing me just because some trees are layed out badly or the fog isn't really well designed is seriously bad.

Quote Originally Posted by bOne7 View Post
    !support son!!

And ye , the only vision advantage ( without obs taking into consideration ) , should a player get ONLY when he is on higher ground . Me seeing you , without you seeing me just because some trees are layed out badly or the fog isn't really well designed is seriously bad.
    I'm kinda liking it now that I know about it, even see other players using it like it's been there forever. Adds strategic depth regarding placement to the game, you can only see through one tree and the enemy can do the same. Adds to the surprise element of the game, which is a good thing when I look at the reason people don't want enemy mana bars.