Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Jungle Areas are Not the same

  1. #1
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    18

    Exclamation Jungle Areas are Not the same

    Was on Youtube today and I found this jungling guide, According to this guy a lot of these things are not the same, I think these need to be fixed.

    The Jungle areas do not work the same as in dota 1 and some safe areas for trapping neutrals in dota 1 don't work in dota 2

    The Dota 2 map needs to be changed because it is not inline with the Dota 1 map this way.

    EDIT: Why are so many people so stupid, the map needs to stay EXACTLY the same as it did in Dota 1, thanks to the people who posted who aren't stupid, hope Valve will fix this soon.
    Last edited by Portalfreek; 04-25-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Some people are just dumb...

  2. #2
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    23
    Can you please elaborate more on it. I'm not gonna waste 15 minutes watching a vid but instead play a game.

  3. #3
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    60
    atleast specify times.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Portalfreek View Post
    ...I think these need to be fixed.
    The Jungle areas do not work the same as in dota 1 and some safe areas for trapping neutrals in dota 1 don't work in dota 2
    Why does this need to change? Maybe it's better like this? People at Valve place EVERY tree on the map. I can't believe Valve would purposely make the game worse. Original post is a statement. If you want change you have to debate for it.
    System Spec for Bug Reporting: CPU: Intel Core i7-920 2.67GHz (at 3801 MHz) GPU: Radeon 4870 RAM: G.Skill 3x1GB 1066Mhz, G.Skill 3x1 1600 Mhz Os: Win 7 64-bit

  5. #5
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    74
    Not a bug. It's the same as DotA for War3. Post on Playdota.com > suggestions forum if you want the map to change.

  6. #6
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB.Quik View Post
    Why does this need to change? Maybe it's better like this? People at Valve place EVERY tree on the map. I can't believe Valve would purposely make the game worse. Original post is a statement. If you want change you have to debate for it.
    Dota 2 is supposed to be a 1:1 copy of Dota 1, as this section of the forums also applies to "Map Inconsistencies" they didn't change those areas on purpose, it is an accident that it doesn't work exactly the same but it needs to be fixed because it isn't exactly the same.

  7. #7
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilSnoopie View Post
    Not a bug. It's the same as DotA for War3. Post on Playdota.com > suggestions forum if you want the map to change.
    Never said it was a bug, I said that this inconsistency in DotA 2 needs to be changed so that it stays consistent with DotA 1

  8. #8
    Basic Member Martin Andrei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Portalfreek View Post
    Dota 2 is supposed to be a 1:1 copy of Dota 1, as this section of the forums also applies to "Map Inconsistencies" they didn't change those areas on purpose, it is an accident that it doesn't work exactly the same but it needs to be fixed because it isn't exactly the same.
    No,it is not supposed to be a 1:1 copy.It is supposed to reflect what Ifrog wanted out of this game without the w3 limitation.(compromising ofc some other factors such as learning curve,appeal,tradition etc..)There are a lot of changes in the map(as you pointed out)-for exe the tier 1 tower tp not producing a direct route to the respective jungle.But keep in mind that these changes are made by choice and not by mistake.However afaik the developers said that before the final release they will revise all the changes(and their balance issues) made to the the map.

  9. #9
    Basic Member DeathByVoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Posts
    507
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Andrei View Post
    No,it is not supposed to be a 1:1 copy.It is supposed to reflect what Ifrog wanted out of this game without the w3 limitation.(compromising ofc some other factors such as learning curve,appeal,tradition etc..)There are a lot of changes in the map(as you pointed out)-for exe the tier 1 tower tp not producing a direct route to the respective jungle.But keep in mind that these changes are made by choice and not by mistake.However afaik the developers said that before the final release they will revise all the changes(and their balance issues) made to the the map.
    +1, the way it should be IMO.
    Doing a great job Valve!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB.Quik View Post
    Why does this need to change? Maybe it's better like this? People at Valve place EVERY tree on the map. I can't believe Valve would purposely make the game worse. Original post is a statement. If you want change you have to debate for it.
    So according to you, if Valve created the entire map by hand (which they did), there can be no problems with the map? I wonder why this subforum exists?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •