Thread: My rant

Basic Member

My rant

So basically i was playing a game of Dota 2 today and KOTL went to fountain and stayed afk until he got an abandon. So since i dont want to play 4 vs 5 i disconnected and find other match. At the begging of the game i found out i was muted. What happened is when i disconnected from the last game whole enemy team and probably mine reported me for communication abuse even if i did not communicate in chat at all. They were angry because i dont want to play with one man down i guess. That reporting system needed to be fixed ASAP. It fucks my game since i cant communicate to my team properly.

Hi,welcome to the forums and DOTA2 in general.You will have a bad time ,occasionally. :P
    Karnivool's new album is DOPE!

Basic Member
    Oh no im not new to Dota 2, i had some bad time before but this never happens to me before. Reporting system sucks IMO.

It's actually quite hard to get muted with the current system (and you can't get muted in a single game, unless you've been muted before or have a brand new account).
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryil- View Post
    It's actually quite hard to get muted with the current system (and you can't get muted in a single game, unless you've been muted before or have a brand new account).
    Yeah i was muted once before for 24 hours because one guy started flaming me and i flamed him back. I kinda deserve that one i should just muted him.

See,thats the thing.Even I flame at players occasionally when they act retarded and they deserve it.But I never get muted.

I agree with Kyril,its indeed relatively tougher to get muted in dota2 now.
    Karnivool's new album is DOPE!

Agree, I think the mute threshold has really been increased to affect only the most recent offenders recently. I know there's times when I was definitely out of hand and likely got reported, but I haven't been muted in a while wheras I used to get muted semi-frequently and my behavior hasn't really changed. I'm mostly a nice decent guy and try to keep my eye on the prize over infighting, but if there's some tool pulling the team apart verbally, I will tell them directly that they are doing so. They usually double-down on their position and refuse to admit that it's their negative chat pulling the team apart, which just means they'll get reported more.

OP I'm sure someone did report you and that report was the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back," that got you muted. It was all the other things already on the camel's back that had a greater role in you getting muted and you should consider what you can do to lighten that load

System could still use work, but it is getting better.