Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: [Confirmed] Medusa's Split Shot still cannot dodge projectiles

  1. #11
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    LD and alch were ported, Sven and dusa weren't. Logic? None.
    The Alch/LD ports are bugged though to fully disjoint incoming spells rather than just overriding stuns. That bug needs to be fixed, but it makes no sense to port Dusa's stun dodging until that bug is actually fixed.

  2. #12
    Basic Member shideneyu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    France
    Posts
    530
    Medusa need to get buffed if she doesn't get this bug fixed.

    + I confirm this annoying bug, confirm it pls and put it on the list

  3. #13
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    LD and alch were ported, Sven and dusa weren't. Logic? None.
    I don't know what you mean about LD and Alch being ported like that... They now (incorrectly) disjoint projectiles when they shapeshift, and the stuns aren't fake when applied during transformation... They linger after the transform? I'm sorry but I don't see your point.

  4. #14
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    I don't know what you mean about LD and Alch being ported like that... They now (incorrectly) disjoint projectiles when they shapeshift, and the stuns aren't fake when applied during transformation... They linger after the transform? I'm sorry but I don't see your point.
    Just listed 4 transformations in 6.78c that can dodge stuns, 2 of which were ported (buggy) and 2 weren't (at all).

    Not talking about incorrect disjointing of projectiles and dodging stuns completely with ld/alch instead of just stuns and (if timed correctly) becoming immune to stuns (fake stuns being applied).
    Last edited by Caleb; 08-29-2013 at 05:58 AM.

  5. #15
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,671
    Transformations in dota 1 don't prevent damage. The only thing that happens is that fake stuns / shackles are applied instead of real ones. From the behaviour of Chemical Rage and True Form I would guess that Valve have removed it as an intended change. But hey, that's just my opinion.

  6. #16
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2,012
    Perhaps an updated of the intended change list is in order
    At least we could talk more on point that way (also for future differences).
    Explanations on the normal, high and very high brackets in replays: here, here & here
    Why maphacks won't work in D2: here

  7. #17
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    22

    I mean

    There's two issues here:

    1. Transformations are currently bugged and are evading damage and autoattacks.
    2. Medusa has no transformation.

    I think a Medusa with Dota 2's transformation bugs would be hideously overpowered (permanent phase shift). However, current Medusa without any transformation is losing quite a bit of her higher level play and power from Dota 1.

    Both are bugs but the last thread about LD/Alch transformations being bugged never got confirmed either so.
    Last edited by Sp12; 08-28-2013 at 07:57 AM.

  8. #18
    Volunteer Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,671
    1. Projectiles (e.g. ranged attacks, ensnare, assassinate) can be dodged by certain (but not all!) transformation spells low 214 on the bugs list. It was confirmed and added elsewhere.
    It's just DISJOINTING it's not dodging damage specifically...

  9. #19
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    158
    There's a key distinction that needs to be made clear between a spell disjointing projectiles, and just dodging them (well, in the case of WC3 transformations, applying a fake buff).

    In the case where a spell just dodges/gets a fake buff, then the effect ending before the projectile hits/the stun is applied means that you will fail to dodge the spell. The projectile has to hit within the 0.1s transformation time. If you do it too early, then you will not dodge the stun.

    In the case where the projectile is disjointed, then the effect will not be applied even if the spell effects ends before the projectile hits. The best example of this is Puck's Phase Shift, or the short invisibility that is part of PotM's Leap in DotA 1. The stuns don't have to hit you during the effect for them to be dodged, they just have to already be in flight.

    Transformations should behave as the former, and are currently behaving as the latter in DotA 2. With the current spells its not a big deal because they have long CDs or long effect durations. But a 0-CD transform being able to disjoint all projectiles in flight is something that you can't port--you need to fix the other bugs before porting the full functionality of 0-CD transformation spells.
    Last edited by TheYango; 08-28-2013 at 11:27 AM.

  10. #20
    Basic Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyn-Ryder View Post
    Transformations in dota 1 don't prevent damage. The only thing that happens is that fake stuns / shackles are applied instead of real ones. From the behaviour of Chemical Rage and True Form I would guess that Valve have removed it as an intended change. But hey, that's just my opinion.
    Edited my post for my point to be more clear. Still, we have some kind of dodging stuns (bugged, dodging projectiles & damage too instead of stuns only) with ld & alche and nothing with sven/dusa. Why wasn't the same logic applied to every kind of transformation spells? Who knows.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sp12 View Post
    There's two issues here:

    1. Transformations are currently bugged and are evading damage and autoattacks.
    2. Medusa has no transformation.

    I think a Medusa with Dota 2's transformation bugs would be hideously overpowered (permanent phase shift). However, current Medusa without any transformation is losing quite a bit of her higher level play and power from Dota 1.

    Both are bugs but the last thread about LD/Alch transformations being bugged never got confirmed either so.
    Add Sven to list 2. While medusa's 0 CD disjoint would be overpowered since all transformation spells aren't fixed and are still disjointing projectiles, this hurts Sven a bit.
    Last edited by Caleb; 08-29-2013 at 06:03 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •