Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Confirmed] All Random is broken.

Basic Member

[Confirmed] All Random is broken.

Randomed Morphling in All Random, clicked Repick, and Re-randomed Morphling.

Fucking seriously?

How is that proof of brokenness

Basic Member
    You shouldn't be able to re-random the hero you randomed. That's just silly.

If a hero returns to the pick pool after repicking (what's currently happens AFAIK) it's not silly but RANDOM
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.

You can't re-random, you're just spinning the wheel. It's a soft random.

Basic Member
    6.78 Changelogs
    * Repicking a randomed hero now re-adds the hero to the pool
    So it is possible for you to get the same hero when repicking in all random. Close this thread.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by func_door View Post
    You can't re-random, you're just spinning the wheel. It's a soft random.
    That's for All Pick, not for All Random.

It does seem like an odd interaction, though. To me it seems more logical to repick and THEN add it back to the hero pool.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Arxos View Post
    That's for All Pick, not for All Random.

It does seem like an odd interaction, though. To me it seems more logical to repick and THEN add it back to the hero pool.
    This is what I'm saying. All random repicks are just re-randoms. You shouldn't be forced to re-random with the same hero you repicked into the pool, at least, to the same person.

Basic Member
    I was willing to accept that this was a fluke when I tried to repick Death Prophet and got Death Prophet...but I don't repick often (because I like most heroes), and when I repicked today for the second time in the last two months, I got the hero I was repicking from. 2/2 times that I have repicked in All Random have given me the same hero with 500 gold. Not cool! That can't merely be bad luck, the odds against this happening are incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by NonToxic View Post
    I was willing to accept that this was a fluke when I tried to repick Death Prophet and got Death Prophet...but I don't repick often (because I like most heroes), and when I repicked today for the second time in the last two months, I got the hero I was repicking from. 2/2 times that I have repicked in All Random have given me the same hero with 500 gold. Not cool! That can't merely be bad luck, the odds against this happening are incredible.
    Yeah, Valve does it on purpose. Bad luck. google.com/#q=random
    If you think I've closed or deleted a post unjustified, feel free to PM me and I'll explain it to you/discuss it with you further.